Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 04-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Since installing service pack 1 and the all new Internet Explorer 9 yesterday I have encountered a few problems. For example;

There have apparently been no new posts for the last day. amongst others revolving around a general delay or absense in all kinds of refreshing and updating pages.

I just thought I'd let you folks know in case you were tempted to update.

neville if you can afford it sometime this is the best update for windows ever.

http://www.apple.com/au/imac/

everyone who applies that patch never updates windows again. Most people I know are going away from windows now.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
I have to put up with it or adopt a scenario whereby I roill back to IE8 or even change browsers altogether ?

Many thanks in advance.

I tried to do that. After having the problem with IE9 I rolled back to IE8 and it still had the problem. As I said we are working on the issue to see what a resolution is.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah
Just search for it, here's a link I found in my first search:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/9513/

Cheers, Elijah. I did search but all I got pushed to was Firefox 4. Been there, done that. Got my old familiar Firefox 3 back and all is well again.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:56 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I've had Windows 7 for the past year, and have not had a problem with it. However, I do not browse with 64 bit Internet Explorer. I use regular 32 bit.

If you've had no problems with and no complaints about it, by all means continue using it.

Everyone I know that uses it has had problems, and I understand there are some critical privacy invasion issues associated with it as well. That (and the advice of the techs, who see the problems continuously and know what they're talking about!) is enough to disuade me from using it, plus, as I said, I don't like the strong-arm tactics employed by Microsoft in virutally forcing it on us. That just feels plain evil to me!
Old 04-04-2011, 04:30 PM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
I don't like the strong-arm tactics employed by Microsoft in virutally forcing it on us. That just feels plain evil to me!
They didn't force it on anybody.. I mean they did.. but it was still our choice.. they gave it to us for free.. so they could have their market share.. but now it seems people want something else.. (don't matter to me) use what works!

Whether it breaks standards or not doesn't matter..

you are microsoft and microsoft is you.. call the mirror evil.. it reflects that back to you!
Quote:
Do you benchmark any of your browsers/compare benchmarks?
Absolutely not.. got better things to do with my time.. than judge some performance graphs.. (well maybe)
Quote:
Well no, it's not hardwired into the Windows theme as with IE.
But tbh aero has a very small appearance impact on the browser & for what it's worth it can be added to Firefox through the add-ons.
Customization is vastly more available with Firefox, as with most Microsoft products, customization is generally very limited.
It's not small from my awareness.. I like it is all..

And firing up firefox and adding a bunch of plugins doesn't sound like fun either..

When I finally see a site that is not giving me "good enough" or gets me motivated to install firefox.. then I'll try it yet again.. but really I have yet to see a site that IE does horribly or really care.. I will switch to firefox when the argument/sites/features is compelling enough.. and HTML5 and this upcoming video wars may well be that reason..
Old 05-04-2011, 01:48 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster
They didn't force it on anybody.. I mean they did.. but it was still our choice.. they gave it to us for free.. so they could have their market share.

Incorrect. All new computers come with Windows 7, and you cannot un-install it after the fact and return to use of XP. That's strong arming.

And you are conveniently forgetting about the very real and much complained about privacy issues inherent in the software.

Seems someone is being blinded by the emporer's new clothes.

Windows (and its parent company Microsoft) is NOT me and I am NOT it! Evil exists in the corporate world, and only a fool would fail to see that. Of course it's just such attitudes and behavior they count on to achieve their greedy power-grabbing goals. Most people are like lemmings being led to the sea. They don't want to see the truth or be confused by the facts

Last edited by innerlight : 05-04-2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 05-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Incorrect. All new computers come with Windows 7, and you cannot un-install it after the fact and return to use of XP. That's strong arming.

And you are conveniently forgetting about the very real and much complained about privacy issues inherent in the software.

Seems someone is being blinded by the emporer's new clothes.

Windows (and its parent company Microsoft) is NOT me and I am NOT it! Evil exists in the corporate world, and only a fool would fail to see that. Of course it's just such attitudes and behavior they count on to achieve their greedy power-grabbing goals. Most people are like lemmings being led to the sea. They don't want to see the truth or be confused by the facts

What other user friendly operating system would they install on a new computer? There is none. There are only three main operating systems, Windows, Mac, and Linux. Not everyone will understand Linux, so that one is out. The Mac operating systems are not going to be installed on a PC. So that leaves Windows. Windows 7 is the current operating system. So it's going to be installed. After all they want to make sales of the new operating system, not the old one. Plus eventually they will stop supporting it.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Elijah

Quote:
Incorrect. All new computers come with Windows 7, and you cannot un-install it after the fact and return to use of XP.
Essentially the OS (Windows 7) is only a piece of software running from the hard disk.
To remove it & install XP you'd simply have to boot your XP CD up & upon partitioning the hard drive, format/delete the existing OS & replace with the XP installation.
Or you could even leave Windows 7 & setup a dual-boot making both 7 & XP available.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:33 PM
iolite

We're still running windows xp on the desktop and have recently gotten an ibook. There was, maybe still is, a huge hole in the IE security. It was so bad according to my techie hubs, he warned us that we weren't to use IE unless for some reason a page didn't load or print correctly. When Vista came out, it gave my brother so many fits that he took his brand new laptop back to Best Buy and demanded one with xp. None of his software that he used for his sales rep'ing would work. It brought him to a standstill. As for browser, we use either Mozzilla or Chrome.

Last edited by iolite : 06-04-2011 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:55 PM
themaster

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you can buy some computers without O/S in fact I've seen a few sold that way on purpose.. which brings there price down (I think the 7 license when bought by a manufacturer in bulk is like $20 for them)

You can also build a machine.. without a O/S

So I hardly thing the evil microsoft corporation is dominating you now..
Quote:
And why do you care about privacy??

I remind you that your being watched right now! It's not the government, cia or other organizations.. it's actually us.. we watch ourselves from higher perspective (the soul watches, the inner self watches.. dozens of your friends and fellow explorers watch.. hell, everyone for all you know! )

And not only can they watch your life.. they can feel it for themselves because like a VHS/DVR your entire life is recorded in the akash..

So privacy on that scale is a joke!

And you care what microsoft knows about you lol..??? I'm one of those weirdo's that got all my facebook info Open.. keep wondering when I'll get telemarketed
Quote:
Windows (and its parent company Microsoft) is NOT me and I am NOT it! Evil exists in the corporate world
Okay, whatever you say.. but all I detect is a lot of denial in these statements..

For I can admit that in my state of oneness.. I am evil and I can commit acts that other deem evil.. however, I offer no such label.. hmm.. it's a little more whole over here isn't it.. to acknowledge evil in yourself.. maybe so?