Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 19-09-2017, 08:22 AM
Master
Learning to overcome your Sign's 'flaws'

Yonks ago I read that before incarnating you not only choose a setting, but also a star sign. You choose a sign that supports the lessons you want to learn this life.
Funny if you think about getting pregnant and it doesn't work, that maybe the reason is that the soul of the child who wants to be born with you, in the setting you offer, is merely waiting for the appropriate star sign?

Anyhow, the article said that each sign comes with lessons.
Now the last couple of years I realized I couldn't relate to my sign Taurus on many aspects. I almost felt I could not have been born at my birthday, my mom must've lied to me
But recently I noticed that I do slip into that typical Taurus stuff (e.g. stubborn, inflexible, subtle as a brick) when I feel insecure. So I do have that typical Taurus behaviour in me, but it seems I've mostly outgrown it. Just that when I feel out of whack it surfaces again.

To give another example about another sign (NOT to knock anyone, just the best example I can give as I've known a lot of Virgos and they all had this behaviour): Virgos tend to victimize themselves. I think maybe this is the Virgo lesson, to overcome that, to take responsibility for their own life and choices. Maybe one could say that since Virgo is about harvest, they cannot harvest their full potential until they take responsibility for their life.

Would it be that when we are insecure we embody the lower aspects of our sign, and when we grow and get empowered we get to the higher aspects of it? For instance, lower aspect of Taurus power could be putting your foot down, get stubborn, have a tantrum etc. But if you could channel that Taurus power in a positive way, man, I think I could move mountains!

Has anyone else experienced a similar thing? Do you slip into your sign's less pretty behaviour when you feel insecure?
Old 20-09-2017, 02:27 PM
Deactivated Account

I have read of those theories. Very similar on what they say on the life path number in numerology. For example, I am the number 11, I can identify with it and at times I feel I was born into this role to serve it's purpose.

As far as astrology. I would say Capricorns is a rough one. They are hard on themselves as they are everyone else. It's like an internal battle but than again, we have Saturn as our ruler. This energy is not going to be easy on anyone, but it's an incredible teacher, it teaches one to expand mind beyond the limitations we impose on ourselves. Trust me, I would have preferred a more carefree sign. Thank God I have water element in my moon and rising to balance me out and give me some sort of emotional incentive to give to others as Caps are notorious for detaching.

So yeah. One lesson maybe...Capricorn, loosen up, it's not always work or battle. Aka Let it go.

At a local zoo, woah, Goats are aggressive! Would two bulls ever do this to each other? *tsk* *tsk*
Old 20-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
I have read of those theories. Very similar on what they say on the life path number in numerology. For example, I am the number 11, I can identify with it and at times I feel I was born into this role to serve it's purpose.

As far as astrology. I would say Capricorns is a rough one. They are hard on themselves as they are everyone else. It's like an internal battle but than again, we have Saturn as our ruler. This energy is not going to be easy on anyone, but it's an incredible teacher, it teaches one to expand mind beyond the limitations we impose on ourselves. Trust me, I would have preferred a more carefree sign. Thank God I have water element in my moon and rising to balance me out and give me some sort of emotional incentive to give to others as Caps are notorious for detaching.

So yeah. One lesson maybe...Capricorn, loosen up, it's not always work or battle. Aka Let it go.

At a local zoo, woah, Goats are aggressive! Would two bulls ever do this to each other? *tsk* *tsk*
Interesting! Thank you :)
My son is a Capricorn with Leo rising. I can see some of the things you mention clearly in him. And with Leo... lol.
Old 20-09-2017, 04:31 PM
Pathfinder

FairyCrystal, have you ever had your complete chart done? It may be that while you are a Taurus, you have a lot of planets in another sign (say, Moon & Venus & Mercury) in airy talkative Gemini ... which would make you less Taurus-y than, say, my ex-hubby who had both sun AND moon AND mercury in Taurus. Talk about stubborn =8-0 !!!

People who don't know me well can't believe I'm a shy Cancer at heart. I have a very well developed Sagit. rising sign and long ago learned the best defense is a good offense ;)

I agree with what you said about coming onto the planet to learn certain lessons. Steve Arroyo's great book "Karma, Astrology & Transformation" may have been the first time I'd come across the concept...
Old 20-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhubarbrosie
FairyCrystal, have you ever had your complete chart done? It may be that while you are a Taurus, you have a lot of planets in another sign (say, Moon & Venus & Mercury) in airy talkative Gemini ... which would make you less Taurus-y than, say, my ex-hubby who had both sun AND moon AND mercury in Taurus. Talk about stubborn =8-0 !!!

People who don't know me well can't believe I'm a shy Cancer at heart. I have a very well developed Sagit. rising sign and long ago learned the best defense is a good offense ;)

I agree with what you said about coming onto the planet to learn certain lessons. Steve Arroyo's great book "Karma, Astrology & Transformation" may have been the first time I'd come across the concept...
Hey, I've heard about that book! No clue when or where. I will look into that :)

Your post made me chuckle, your ex hubby, haha. Moon Sun Mercury in Taurus is a tad much, haha. I got two out of those three: Sun and Mercury.
but my Moon is in Pisces, which adds a totally different vibe to the mix. My Venus in Aries, Gemini rising ( I can SO related to many Gemini aspects, but this is very similar to the Chinese Horse, which I am).

Best defense a good offense, hihi. That has to be Sag! I doubt a Cancer would act that way, lol.

Isn't it great how we are all so different, and wonderfully unique?
Old 24-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Master
I am Taurus, and I do have Taurus traits but they are less apparent now. Taurus is unassuming. I have never in any sign of the zodiac seen the overextended mental and emotional energy that a Taurus is capable of. If it's evil it can be extremely evil. Like Linda good man says it does not just destroy 'demolish' is the right words for it. That's true. so anyone who just looked at a modest Taurus, thought it was simpleton that could be swayed any way, well tread very carefully. This sign is going to walk all over you, not just once but a couple of times over. It will do it for lifetime if it so wished. It wont bother if it wasn't provoked though. It is a sign that is likely to let someone else be the boss, be submissive. If there are unclear intentions then it will take the rein back and can be capable of a lot of indifference. That's the dark ' stubborn' side of Taurus I have seen.
Venus is the ruling sign. so well it loves to luxuriate. It will not dwell in conflicts, or human drama, and why does it need to lol, it nature is basically peaceful. So it pursue it's own need for peace and 'stubbornly' so. It will spend time in nature or at home, and decorate its surroundings. There will be a 'world' of it's own.
It has incredible emotional depth, ask a Pisces if they have known a Taurus and they will describe a Taurus well, because there is the same selfless, empathic, modest quality in it. If you like to be the boss and rule just for the sake of, Taurus is going to pick on it and avoid you. It does not like scorching the surface and asking for attention just for sake of it. It does not care if you are the 'ruler' you have got to earn it first. Once you are able to buy their trust, they will let you have the limelight and stand by the side for an entire lifetime. It does not care too much about the limelight. It is modest like the virgo here. Another reason why it gets along with Virgo, they can be self depricating and less self serving.
Earth signs have an incredible quality to see things as they are. Taurus is steady, and I feel it expresses by it's need for peace and luxury. Venus being the ruling sign, it love romance, pleasure, emotional attachments even to things at times, it's the 'feeling' they get of it and it 'feels' nice. It will not go out of it's way to startle someone, it's not their style. When it laughs it will laugh gleefully like a child without hidden intentions.
I think Taurus has emotional depth, it can be overbearing but never vain. It is likely to dwell in place for a long time, and where it dwells, it's energy will be felt without conscious action on it's part. It can be very strong, and when it is not reverted inside, well god have mercy on others lol, because it will go after it's objective anyways.

It will feel blunt, but it will never cease to exist, I guess that's the 'bull' here haha. That energy will not express anything of the 'sensual' Taurus, and if you are subject to it you are not too lucky if you underestimate it. It does not do well with conflicts , and if it gets into one well lets just say there will be a serious 'end ' of something.
Old 24-09-2017, 02:15 PM
Master
Very interesting post, Angelic Star!
Most resonates with me, although I do not really get the "overextended mental and emotional energy" bit? What do you mean by that?

I don't see myself walk all over someone for a lifetime, I simply cannot be bothered. I can indeed get angry -although it hardly happens anymore since I got a tad older and wiser - but I cannot hold on to a grudge for long.
However, if I was to walk all over someone they would notice it for sure Like you said, I'd likely do it a couple of times (I'm actually laughing out loud at the thought now ) But a lifetime? The few times would be enough for the other to remember to not mess with me.
But again, these are extremely rare occasions. I cannot even remember the last time something like that happened, other than in my thoughts. I am way too sensitive, loving and peaceful for such things. I'd have to be provoked for yonks in order to get to such behaviour.

I'm quite surprised to see you mention peaceful -so true!!!- and the emotional depth, also spot on! I never knew this was Taurus, I always thought it was my Pisces moon. I guess that explains why I am so supersensitive, the Taurus depth and the Pisces moon on top of that?

Venus, I've never understood the importance and influence of Venus until very recently. I possibly don't get the full extent of it yet.
But I jokingly said to my man "As long as you cherish me as a goddess -what I need as I'm ruled by Venus- I have no problem adoring you as a God." (he's ruled by the Sun)
It was jesting for the most part, but after I'd said that it began to dawn on me just how true that statement is! I do need to feel cherished. If a man doesn't give me that feeling, I lose interest. I really need that, not from neediness, it's just how I'm wired.
Do you recognize that bit?

Or would that have to do with having Venus in Aries, which can cause me to have a 'short li'l span of attention'

Anyhow, very interesting, thanks for sharing!
Old 24-09-2017, 02:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Very interesting post, Angelic Star!
Most resonates with me, although I do not really get the "overextended mental and emotional energy" bit? What do you mean by that?

I don't see myself walk all over someone for a lifetime, I simply cannot be bothered. I can indeed get angry -although it hardly happens anymore since I got a tad older and wiser - but I cannot hold on to a grudge for long.
However, if I was to walk all over someone they would notice it for sure Like you said, I'd likely do it a couple of times (I'm actually laughing out loud at the thought now ) But a lifetime? The few times would be enough for the other to remember to not mess with me.
But again, these are extremely rare occasions. I cannot even remember the last time something like that happened, other than in my thoughts. I am way too sensitive, loving and peaceful for such things. I'd have to be provoked for yonks in order to get to such behaviour.

I'm quite surprised to see you mention peaceful -so true!!!- and the emotional depth, also spot on! I never knew this was Taurus, I always thought it was my Pisces moon. I guess that explains why I am so supersensitive, the Taurus depth and the Pisces moon on top of that?

Venus, I've never understood the importance and influence of Venus until very recently. I possibly don't get the full extent of it yet.
But I jokingly said to my man "As long as you cherish me as a goddess -what I need as I'm ruled by Venus- I have no problem adoring you as a God." (he's ruled by the Sun)
It was jesting for the most part, but after I'd said that it began to dawn on me just how true that statement is! I do need to feel cherished. If a man doesn't give me that feeling, I lose interest. I really need that, not from neediness, it's just how I'm wired.
Do you recognize that bit?

Or would that have to do with having Venus in Aries, which can cause me to have a 'short li'l span of attention'

Anyhow, very interesting, thanks for sharing!

Hi Fairycrystal,

Yes I relate to you. Things need to 'feel' right you know. That has always been for me since I was a child. And I went by my emotions more than logic. When I was younger, I also had a tough time maintaining boundaries. It's not that I didn't always recognize the intention of another, but I was more forgiving of the little things , and that was a part of my self, a 'people pleasing' part of myself that I had to keep in check. And I have had some tough lessons around it. You know like you offer support but when it's time for another to reciprocate none do. So I have learned to keep that in check, to let go of expectations around nurturing or nourishment in the emotional sense. My capricorn dad has helped me with it, hardwork, efficiency, resilience steadiness has been important while I was growing up. Capricorn can make a wonderful parent to a Taurus and it has been true.

Well the overextended energy is the dark side of Taurus. I feel male Taurus and female taurus are different. I have noticed this quality with male taurus. You know the dark ones can be controlling , possessive, while those who are light in their spiritual frequencies can be devoted, sincere, faithful and very loving.
Hitler was a Taurus you know, so was Saddam hussein, see what they did lol.
But are all Taurus men like that ? I don't think so.
I know one Taurus male from middle school who still reminds me of the time he knew me from when I was younger lol, and it's not on the surface or scared to express. There is an integrity there. You know its not romantic, but there is depth there and a lot of thought there. It is genuine.
I think the one thing that stands out is that Taurus males even the dark ones, can have emotional depth, that in other men might seem flaky or without integrity. But in the dark side it can be traditional, controlling and overbearing. And yes they can carry a grudge for a lifetime if their energies are directed towards the wrong things, the 'material' or 'power' and they will attract opponents who reflect that onto them for many reasons. They tend to remain mostly faithful though to their partners even the 'dark' ones. They tend to stay in marriage and are less likely to leave or marry more than once, than other signs I think. That's from how I have seen them.
But then not all my experiences have been bad with Taurus, they can also be very quiet, humble, and devoted and liberal. They can be very genuine, but there is strong ' bull' energy there and it can be light or dark. I recently met a Taurus male who had the most loving energy you will meet lol, he is such a sweetheart, so romantic, so soft and so polite. I don't think he expresses the 'dark' taurus.
With peaceful ones, they can be very peaceful. It will feel like you entered a beautiful world with them, and their attention will be so sincere and genuine and devoted. It's strong that way. I know one Taurus female who spend all her time with art and sells her art. It's amazing there what she does. One might never imagine her to be Taurus if they go by the traditional traits of the sign. You know what I mean, it can be either good or bad depending on the person. And by the overextended energy, I meant it can be very strong and when it's expressed by a dark person , it can be really bad. Seen it mostly with males though, but not all are the same. I think Taurus is like an under rated sign of the zodiac. And because people tend to dwell on surfaces and fancy things, it goes unnoticed because it is under rated quiet and very unassuming.
Earth can perhaps like hold and absorb a lot, and that is why it does not always overflow, but it can overwhelm. Not in the reactionary sense, but that depends on where a person's attention is directed.
Old 24-09-2017, 04:28 PM
Master
Quote:
I do need to feel cherished. If a man doesn't give me that feeling, I lose interest. I really need that, not from neediness, it's just how I'm wired.

In any relationship, and by that not just romantic, complexity, extremes, conflicts, roughness, brashness is just turn off for me. One can be deeply emotional without huge emotional displays. It looks good on paper but in everyday interactions with people I really like genuine people. I think we can say a person is 'clever' and we can say a person is 'intelligent'. You know they are two different things. Clever has a hidden motive, like to make way around things for ' gain'. That to me is deceptive or to gain an upper hand in a relationship unless it's business. I mean how much can we 'gain' from another human being, it then becomes about power and control. I have no interest in developing close relationships with those people. And there should be healthy exchange and not like a person who creates a hell lot of drama for control you know, so there I cannot be bothered and it's a huge turn off for me. I think that's my taurus love for peace again

Pisces can show deep emotions and complain because of it's need for nurture but then it does not have a 'motive' so to say.
Old 24-09-2017, 04:47 PM
Master
Thank you for that feedback. That part on no boundaries and pleasing people and it not being reciprocated when you need it... that is exactly how I ended up being bullied for years on end. When I was in kindergarten -so 4 or 5 yrs old- my best friend got harassed by another girl and I rushed to my friend's aid. That girl quickly made herself scarce, but then she came back with some 6-8 other kids who then all started to harass me. No one helped me out. They were calling me names, spitting at me and so on. I was totally shocked and overwhelmed, and my friend stood there a few meters from me with some other kids, watching what was going on, but did nothing to help me.
So me helping my friend and standing up for her ended in me being and feeling totally stampeded. I changed that moment from a bright, lively and confident child into a scared and insecure kid at school and was bullied for 6 yrs on end...

I didn't know about Hitler or Saddam Hussein... good examples of dark Taurus...
THere often is a difference between genders from the same sign, isn't there.
From what you describe I can see myself in that arty woman. I paint, write, am creative, would love to sell my work too. But I think many would be creative as that is Venus as well, isn't it? Maybe this manifests more in female Taurus, since the feminine is more/easier connected with intuition and emotions?