Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 05-07-2020, 01:46 PM
Pathfinder
I think I disrespected the approach to Tarot cards by rush and a bit of negligence. I don't know. They seem to me like living beings that require too much of special attention. I avoid magical cards in general. If someone wants to make a reading for me, I won't mind. But I need to change my lifestyle completely in order to get my hands to mastering this art.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:04 PM
Experiencer
late, but bumping into that conversation nonetheless to add my 2 cents...

I've been reading Tarot and Oracle cards for decades. I ground myself, I do shield in other word I state my ground "no dark interference, influences, etc..."
I believe that there's nothing evil in the cards themselves, they are "things", just paper and ink.
They are really a tool to reach down into my intuition and visualize clearly what I perceive. The images will trigger understanding of a situation, counsel, etc...
Reading cards is for me like "dreaming" while being wide awake! As a matter of fact, I started reading cards because of the dreams I had or others had that I was able to decipher so easily. So why not, triggering things when need be...
I only use cards with an art that is not offensive to me, I don't go for anything dark. Maybe if I did I would intrigue "dark beings" to stick around when I use them?? don't know, but for sure I don't have any being lurking while I read my cards, but like I said above, I do start reading with making myself clear, dark beings or influences are not welcome and must stay away.

"The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for.” -Fyodor Dostoyevsky

"Treat others the same way you want them to treat you." (Master Yeshua)
Old 04-08-2020, 02:04 PM
Master
It's everything about gates.No matter the intention,or how trained you are,if the card is portraiting a being or a force,there's a chance to act as a gate.

One time i accidentaly connected with a grand demon by watching a live magical ritual.I slipped in trance without realizing it,and the whole thing turned as a passive invocation.

The same can happen with a tarot card as well.All you have to do is to trance your mind,so the info will enter the subconsious.

Some decks have paintings of beings and names connected with them.These are the most 'dangerous' ones.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:33 AM
Deactivated Account

Hey come check us out in our new Tarot Section. Anyone who is afraid we will make sure to make you feel welcomed and safe!

Old 06-08-2020, 03:32 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
It's everything about gates.No matter the intention,or how trained you are,if the card is portraiting a being or a force,there's a chance to act as a gate.

One time i accidentaly connected with a grand demon by watching a live magical ritual.I slipped in trance without realizing it,and the whole thing turned as a passive invocation.

The same can happen with a tarot card as well.All you have to do is to trance your mind,so the info will enter the subconsious.

Some decks have paintings of beings and names connected with them.These are the most 'dangerous' ones.

Sorry for what happened to you with this live magical ritual. Visibly in such a case, some powerful forces are at play. I understand why you are linking what happened then to even Cards and other people see it that way also.

Decades ago, when I first saw a Tarot deck, I couldn't stand the Devil card, I felt uneasy about it, like if it could get me.
On the other hand, I loved the 10 of Pentacles, with the dogs, old man, family... they were looking happy and it made me feel good and that something good would come out of it.

But one thing to keep in mind with those type of cards that you call "the most dangerous ones" is that books will have the same type of imagery.

Even the Bible that is widely owned and read, contains the name of demons. For instance, in Luke 8:29-30, Jesus is freeing a man from a demon and he asked its name, to which the demon says "Legion".
Then, the most evil being of the Bible is mentioned several times, calling him Lucifer, Satan, Beelzebub, Devil, etc...

In the older editions of the Bible you have pictures and among them the picture of the Devil, etc...
I know as I own a very old edition of the Vulgate fully illustrated. I can assure you that none of the evil beings drawn in it ever came to harass me.

Personally, when I read the Tarot and I end up on card 15 titled "The Devil" that shows a horned winged being, a man and a woman" (Rider Waite). I'm not concerned about getting the Devil to show up literally. Like I was saying, I've seen its representation before in books, paintings by great artists like Michelangelo and all its representations remained powerless images.

I just take the symbol of "The Devil" for what it is "a chosen symbol to picture an idea" like:

letting carnality rule over you, being enslaved to something or someone voluntarily (as the man and woman could break free easily if they wanted to, they are not a bit concerned) being tempted... but again it's up to you to give in or resist, focusing on the material things of life, etc...

The images are really there to trigger your intuition, as well as the knowledge imparted by the culture you belong to.

Like a "Red light" makes you stop and you sure go at the "Green" one a "Snake" says be cautious, a "Skull" warns of poison, "Doves" make you think of peace, and "Hearts" of love... so on and so forth.

I will say that something relating to what you mentioned is using a deck that belonged to someone else and have used it maybe calling out to evil beings, or in a house with bad spirits, etc... as there can be residues of energy. I wouldn't even try to cleanse such a deck ,as I wouldn't be sure it would do the trick.

It is known that things, any of them, not just Cards, can carry an energy (neutral, positive or negative) depending who they belonged to, or where they were, or what they were used for.

Quote:
Posted by Clover: "Hey come check us out in our new Tarot Section. Anyone who is afraid we will make sure to make you feel welcomed and safe!"

Ditto

"The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for.” -Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Old 06-08-2020, 06:28 PM
Master
Things are simple.
I never saw an angel,therefore angels do not exist.Just because someone uses tarot and never had a problem,doesn't mean that what i said is wrong.In fact i was told that thing by an adept witch.And when i say adept,i mean a real one.
One of those who can pop up astraly in your house,knowing you just by your online persona.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:18 AM
Experiencer
Didn't mean to upset you, sorry if I did.

I was just sharing my own experience, what i believe, the way I perceive it.
You are totally entitled to believe differently, and perceive things differently.

Peace

Old 07-08-2020, 01:19 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
Things are simple.
I never saw an angel,therefore angels do not exist.Just because someone uses tarot and never had a problem,doesn't mean that what i said is wrong.In fact i was told that thing by an adept witch.And when i say adept,i mean a real one.
One of those who can pop up astraly in your house,knowing you just by your online persona.

You are totally entitled to believe differently, and perceive things differently.

Peace

Old 07-08-2020, 06:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalimar

Peace
I wasn't adressing you shalimar.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:33 AM
Administrator
I am not afraid to use Tarot in the slightest, i just Do not like them at all

Namaste