Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 29-10-2018, 07:24 PM
Newbie ;)

Was this my guide?

I'm not sure how much I truly believe in the whole guide thing. I was raised christian and it's just something I wasn't taught.

After several recent tragic deaths in my family I began looking into the afterlife. More so looking at after death communication. I came across a video by James Van Praagh about meeting you guide. I decided to do the meditation not expecting much.

During the meditation the name Nathaniel popped into my head and my "guide" appeared looking human and wearing all black. I put this down to my own imagination so I really did not think much of this at first but now I'm wondering...

I know no one with that name so for that name to pop up is completely random. If this whole guide thing is true would he truly be dressed in all black? Just seems weird.
Old 29-10-2018, 08:29 PM
Pathfinder
I've seen a male dressed in black in dreams and have read/heard people with similar experiences. I've also seen messengers wearing white and even purple.. These messengers seemed beneficial where the man in black was just screwin with me.

My waking spirit guide is called The Purple Spark. He can manifest all dressed in purple or as a ball of light. He's the perfect guide in that he only comes when I use his Cosmic phone number during meditation. When I don't need him anymore, he'll poof out in a cloud of green smoke.

He doesn't seem to be inclined to be deceptive. He brings the light when I call for him. How bad can that be?

If you haven't soured on the idea of summoning a male spirit guide, I would be happy to give you the number sequence used to call him during meditation and you can judge for yourself.

Take care and fly true

gg
Old 30-10-2018, 10:07 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsg_2005
I'm not sure how much I truly believe in the whole guide thing. I was raised christian and it's just something I wasn't taught.

After several recent tragic deaths in my family I began looking into the afterlife. More so looking at after death communication. I came across a video by James Van Praagh about meeting you guide. I decided to do the meditation not expecting much.

During the meditation the name Nathaniel popped into my head and my "guide" appeared looking human and wearing all black. I put this down to my own imagination so I really did not think much of this at first but now I'm wondering...

I know no one with that name so for that name to pop up is completely random. If this whole guide thing is true would he truly be dressed in all black? Just seems weird.

It's how 1st contact was for me with my protector - A name, a vague outline of appearance and a sense of his presence. And wondering if I just made it all up or what.

For what it is worth, he's very much into black (down to do void-black skin), animalistic with fangs and all. If I didn't also sense his heart, he'd be a scary mofo!

If this is your first venture into using intuition as a channel into 'mystic' stuff, then yeah, it's going to be a bit weird and hard to know what's what, as you haven't really developed a sense yet of discerning intuition from random imagination (it doesn't help that guides often clothe themselves and their messages with stuff from your own imagination!).

My advice: Don't take it too literal either way - Maybe it was your guide, maybe it wasn't. Doesn't mean you can't work with it a bit more and see how it turns out. That's just how it is. When and if there are heart messages to be delivered through this medium down the line, they will come with intuitive depth and warmth that is hard to mistake.
Old 30-10-2018, 01:54 PM
Master
Quote:

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I suggest do more meditations like that and ask some questions.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 02-11-2018, 07:46 PM
Newbie ;)

You should find a reputable psychic medium to confirm.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:52 PM
Suspended
In my experience there is no truth to there being spirit guides as I've looked for several years & have found nothing.

Psychic practice can cause serious mental & emotional health problems, such as psychosis!

A random name popping into your head could originate from anything & your senses can't be relied upon to identify where the message is coming from.
Tuning into the supernatural is a bit like tuning into a radio station, except that in this case there is no ideal frequency to be found; no clarity. All you are going to find is interference & confusion.

This subject is not one that should be pursued based on beliefs. It is something that you need to "know" about for certain before you go wading into it, & it appears to be rare to find someone that can teach this knowing.
The kind of teacher required for this subject will be one who will teach you about the whole of it before they allow you to practice, so that you understand the risks to your health & well being.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:08 PM
Knower
Quote:

I too, started looking for answers and researching life after death, communication, spirit guides, etc after my mother passed unexpectedly 17 years ago. I still don't have all the answers (who really does?), but can say I believe there is an afterlife and we do have guides. These beliefs didn't happen overnight, but emerged over time, with 'visitation dreams', subtle signs and researching theories that rang true to me. If you are just starting your 'spiritual path', please know that it's ok to doubt, believe and question what you learn and experience.

I agree with John's comment on trying out more meditations for validation. You can also research different methods for communicating with your guide(s). Meditation is just one of them. Be patient and try to stay open minded.
Old 03-11-2018, 06:18 AM
Pathfinder
Black isn't necessarily a bad color. It's a color of protection, and of mourning - the latter of which seems appropriate considering the circumstances (I'm so sorry you had to go through that...)

Nathaniel is a Biblical name, too, so that's a good sign. Really, what's most important is how you feel in your heart when you think about him. Does he seem friendly, or threatening? Gentle, or imposing? What are his intentions? Does he offer advice, or give you orders (pro tip: Never take orders from an entity, ever. Even one you trust - a true guide will never command you to do anything, as interfering with your life path is a direct violation of their purpose).

Ask him if he intends to serve your greatest and highest good, and if he serves the light. Study his reaction and his answer closely, particularly how his response makes you feel. This should tell you what you need to know. If you aren't certain, I would heed Astro's warning and find a professional to help you discern this.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:11 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for all the responses.
I actually have an appointment with a medium. It was made in an attempt to contact my mom. I don't know if guides will be brought up but I probably won't ask unless she mentions it. My main focus is communication with my mom.

Kendaru, I actually felt like I was hearing thoughts that weren't my own for a couple days after the meditation. I was suddenly feeling happier with a running dialogue of jokes in my head. It made me feel really weird, like I was going crazy and talking to myself. I eventually just blocked it out and said leave me alone. The thoughts were in no way negative but I didn't like the feeling of essentially talking to myself or the possibility that I had conjured up an evil entity.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:37 AM
Pathfinder
That's very normal for a guide to communicate that way. Almost all of mine "talk" to me that way, i.e. feeling like a thought that isn't your own. Make sure you feel with your heart and your gut, too. In discerning positive or negative energy, these tools are more important than your brain.

It's understandable that it would feel uncomfortable at first - it's a space you're not used to sharing. It is a big step to take, and it's up to you. Know however that a positive guide will respect your wishes. If you're uncomfortable with this method, but still wish to communicate in some way, you can focus this intention towards Nathaniel. Pay attention to your environment, as well as how you feel internally. He might try and find other methods, if you like - or back off, if that's what you want too. The more cooperative he is, the better.