Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 24-03-2017, 02:39 PM
Ascender
Hahah that made me laugh.

Yikes well wouldn't working on all your lower chakras intensify kundalini? Not that I know much about it, but then kundalini is supposed to clear them all anyway isn't it so it's probably helpful to give it a hand... so yeah just ignore all I just said lol.

Well thank you for the positive thoughts, but I don't really have busy life, just a slightly impractical shift pattern for getting in any kind of a routine. There isn't a set hour I'm always home- but I'm keeping the positive thoughts you can't have em back now. Anyway going to give the next yoga a go now- I'd return the positive thoughts but maybe I'll wait and see how I feel after- I may be cursing you and that yoga lady in half hour lol
Old 24-03-2017, 05:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
Hahah that made me laugh.

Yikes well wouldn't working on all your lower chakras intensify kundalini? Not that I know much about it, but then kundalini is supposed to clear them all anyway isn't it so it's probably helpful to give it a hand... so yeah just ignore all I just said lol.

Well thank you for the positive thoughts, but I don't really have busy life, just a slightly impractical shift pattern for getting in any kind of a routine. There isn't a set hour I'm always home- but I'm keeping the positive thoughts you can't have em back now. Anyway going to give the next yoga a go now- I'd return the positive thoughts but maybe I'll wait and see how I feel after- I may be cursing you and that yoga lady in half hour lol
Oh I'd say that's a knocking bet - if I feel a psychic attack coming on, I'll know where it's coming from anyway Be interesting to hear how you get on, anyway, do share your experiences :)

RE yoga intensifying kundalini, I'm not sure exactly but I think the vigorous stretching helps to alleviate blockages and allows the kundalini to rise... though maybe I need to do some research!
Old 24-03-2017, 10:53 PM
Ascender
Did you feel it??? Only joking but she may have done. Gave up half way through as one of my cats saved me... oops I mean was getting in the way so I couldn't do it! If I don't do it before bed I'll do in morn if I can walk!!!

I think your right with yoga- when I said it I thought about it, but I really don't know much on it.

How often do you do it? I am enjoying it as much as it may seem otherwise lol
Old 25-03-2017, 11:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Did you feel it??? Only joking but she may have done. Gave up half way through as one of my cats saved me... oops I mean was getting in the way so I couldn't do it! If I don't do it before bed I'll do in morn if I can walk!!!

I think your right with yoga- when I said it I thought about it, but I really don't know much on it.

How often do you do it? I am enjoying it as much as it may seem otherwise lol

Maybe your cat was looking out for you, stopped you in your tracks before you did yourself an injury They can be quite challenging workouts, depending on your level of practice, so do make sure you don't push yourself too hard, I wouldn't want you to come a cropper :)

I do the workouts every day and I do enjoy them, in a masochistic sort of way! I'm still considering taking a hit out on Jen Hillman though
Old 25-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Ascender
Jeez ok second attempt on sacral the first half was fine, I did kind of stop at one point had a strop and realised I always give up when things get tough, or I retreat in myself and my only little world. Apart from that I did it all and now I feel super good. But I'm questioning if my little strop was part of it.

Lol thanks, well it is hard to know how far is far enough isn't it. I do like that you can almost see progress quite quickly, like you go lower when you come back to folding over etc. I know you said you have focused on lower 4 but have you tried others? And do you ever do more than one in a day?

You want to go halfs on a hit man? Though maybe that's asking for some bad karma, maybe just pay someone to kick her "sitting bone"!!!
Old 25-03-2017, 01:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Jeez ok second attempt on sacral the first half was fine, I did kind of stop at one point had a strop and realised I always give up when things get tough, or I retreat in myself and my only little world. Apart from that I did it all and now I feel super good. But I'm questioning if my little strop was part of it.

Lol thanks, well it is hard to know how far is far enough isn't it. I do like that you can almost see progress quite quickly, like you go lower when you come back to folding over etc. I know you said you have focused on lower 4 but have you tried others? And do you ever do more than one in a day?

You want to go halfs on a hit man? Though maybe that's asking for some bad karma, maybe just pay someone to kick her "sitting bone"!!!
Aw well good for you, that you kept going anyway - very easy to get the 'ump when you're being pushed out of your comfort zone, but you persevered and you felt the benefits of it. I'm much the same, I can get a bit stroppy at times (going halfs on the hitman sounds good to me, yeah, or else just pay someone to kick her sitting bone as you say ), but it gets easier the more you do it :)

Yeah you're right, it can be hard to know how far is far enough. I think it's just a matter of staying attentive to yourself, keeping your attention in your body, and then you'll know where your 'edge' is, as some instructors call it. Still haven't worked on the upper three chakras, no, though I'm thinking of doing the throat workout either today or tomorrow (I want to do third eye and crown, too, though they're so active that I'm a little hesistant to try them ).
Old 25-03-2017, 02:05 PM
Ascender
Thanks :) and yeah I'll stick with it if I can, tbh this thread kind of helped cause it was more insentive. I do enjoy it though, feels great after.

I hope your all good dude, I often assume kundalini a good thing but if your dubious about doing the other chakras then maybe it's not so good :( I did actually try and look on the internet but I keep getting kundalini yoga rather than normalish yoga during kundalini. Either way take care of yourself and I do hope your having a wonderful sunny Saturday.

Good luck with the throat chakra, god only knows what she will have you doing for that one!

Did you do yoga before doing this one?
Old 25-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks :) and yeah I'll stick with it if I can, tbh this thread kind of helped cause it was more insentive. I do enjoy it though, feels great after.

I hope your all good dude, I often assume kundalini a good thing but if your dubious about doing the other chakras then maybe it's not so good :( I did actually try and look on the internet but I keep getting kundalini yoga rather than normalish yoga during kundalini. Either way take care of yourself and I do hope your having a wonderful sunny Saturday.

Good luck with the throat chakra, god only knows what she will have you doing for that one!

Did you do yoga before doing this one?
Aw good, it's definitely worthwhile sticking with it if you can, then :) I'm going to bite the bullet and give the workouts for the upper three chakras a go over the next few days, I can always stop if it gets too uncomfortable I hope you're having a lovely Saturday too, it's an uncharacteristically lovely day in Manchester so best to make the most of it :)

Yeah I've been doing yoga for about eighteen months now, though I'd gotten a bit lazy in my practice so I've been feeling the need to push myself a bit more. I love it though, I'm wondering how I ever managed without yoga! How's about you, have you been doing it long?
Old 25-03-2017, 04:50 PM
Ascender
Yay go for it dude, be interesting to see how it goes. Yeah I know, was going to go for a walk today but after my nanny nap I can sure feel it in my legs and bum already so think I'll stick with the pottering, tomorrow looks good too but maybe a little cooler so I'll be dragging hubby out tomorrow.
cool, do you just do ones like these? Well I have only done yoga a couple of times, a few years back I went to some classes at the gym but it was more lying around and relaxing lol, it didn't feel like how I thought it should.

Might do these for a while then look for maybe a proper class, nothing too crazy though!
Old 25-03-2017, 08:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Yay go for it dude, be interesting to see how it goes. Yeah I know, was going to go for a walk today but after my nanny nap I can sure feel it in my legs and bum already so think I'll stick with the pottering, tomorrow looks good too but maybe a little cooler so I'll be dragging hubby out tomorrow.
cool, do you just do ones like these? Well I have only done yoga a couple of times, a few years back I went to some classes at the gym but it was more lying around and relaxing lol, it didn't feel like how I thought it should.

Might do these for a while then look for maybe a proper class, nothing too crazy though!
Ooh right, I was assuming you did it quite regularly - no wonder you're feeling the strain, yeah I think pottering's your best bet then Might be best not to push yourself too hard straight away, I find those workouts challenging and I've been doing it a while! Yoga class is a really good idea though, go for it :)

Aw yeah, drag your fella out for a walk, the weather's good for a stroll at the moment :)