Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 12-07-2016, 05:53 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder
I want Samadhi

I want Samadhi, I want to experience ego death, I want to merge my mind and spirit with the collective consciousness of the Universe BEFORE I die, how do I come about this? Thank you
Old 12-07-2016, 07:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Howard
I want Samadhi, I want to experience ego death, I want to merge my mind and spirit with the collective consciousness of the Universe BEFORE I die, how do I come about this? Thank you

Remove the 'I' Tom.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:31 AM
Master
Namaste Tom and welcome to the Hindu section.

You've asked this question in every other forum on here as well, which means you want this pretty bad and I give you credit for your annoying persistence.

There's something you must know. I have the ability to help you with this, but if you really want it, I'm going to require two things from you.

The first, is trust. I know you don't know me whatsoever, but if you come on to a spiritual forum saying "I want Samadhi", you have to draw the line and go with something...go along with the flow somewhere down the line.

I'm not going to push my own beliefs or agendas, nor question yours or your motives...I am merely a 'spirit facilitator' who is in tune with my Higher Self. I have nothing to gain or lose by doing this, but you may reach an understanding of your motives and willingness through this whole exercise.

The second thing I require is honesty...total honesty and not with/to me, but being honest with yourself and relaying this back to me.

I'm now going to combine all your threads into this one:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=103402

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=103360

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=103405

"First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is" - Donovan

No, we don't need to identify the mountain to climb it but to some, it can be a helpful process to do so....especially when 'collective consciousness' is about as nebulous as a Borg spacecraft...

Would you still turn around if somebody called you "James" or "Peter" or "Tony"? You probably would not.

If you want my assistance, reply to this thread. If not, do not. The ball is in your court now.

Aum Batuk Bhairavaye Namah
Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 12-07-2016, 08:52 AM
Master
Quote:

Do you have any ideas of your own as to how to go about this?
Old 12-07-2016, 10:49 AM
Master
Quote:
So the ego wants to experience its own death? think about that for a moment.
I've come to believe that this Union cannot come about through an act of will. I've come to believe that no such will can truly be pure and true. It comes from a places that knows nothing of what it wants so why would it want it. An escape of sorts maybe.
I've come to believe that this Union comes by grace alone. We can pray for such a Union, we can do all kinds of works and renunciations, but they will not bring it about.
One glimpse by grace is all it takes and that is our becoming but not our doing.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:24 AM
Hi Tom...remember, just like anything else....if you
want a good mechanic listen to those that have had success
and gone to that mechanic...rather than they 'heard' or saw an advertisement about the guy.

Listen to a financial advisor that is very wealthy due to his investments.
Don't listen to advice from a poor person.
You get my meaning.

Make sure the person has experienced Samadhi or Nirvana, as you asked.

My unsolicited suggestion.

Similar to the stories of Vivekananda trying to find a guru/teacher...
the question he asked was simple,
"Have you seen God and can you show me God."
It was Ramakrishna that finally said, "Yes", btw.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-07-2016, 11:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Self
So the ego wants to experience its own death? think about that for a moment.
I've come to believe that this Union cannot come about through an act of will. I've come to believe that no such will can truly be pure and true. It comes from a places that knows nothing of what it wants so why would it want it. An escape of sorts maybe.
I've come to believe that this Union comes by grace alone. We can pray for such a Union, we can do all kinds of works and renunciations, but they will not bring it about.
One glimpse by grace is all it takes and that is our becoming but not our doing.

I agree. It happens without thinking about it, we all get fleeting glimpses of egolessness in our daily lives when we seem to immerse into the universe and become one with all.
I want, I would like, I will try is not the way, forget the 'I ' and you are there, that's the hard part though.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:07 PM
Master
See the thing is, the only way to see through the I behind the veil is to see the higher self or higher I on the other side and that happens on its own and in its own way because all is it.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:21 PM
Guide

Quote:
Samadhi is the final rung on Patanjali's 8 rung ladder. Have you mastered the first 7 stages? That would be the only way to get there ... up that ladder of hard work.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:44 PM
Master

Hi Tom,
Meditate.

~ J