Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Pathfinder
Why do so many 'forget' where we come from?

I was wandering why so many people 'forget' our spiritual roots? I know there is a spiritual awakening going on around us at the moment and it is so lovely to see and encourage. But why is it when we are born into our human body, do we not consciously 'know' our spiritual roots? I know it may be part of our real learning but what else, and why do I need to know what else?

Love and light x

Old 28-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Master
I believe the main lesson is to use our human mind to discover and choose what is the ultimate truth of our existence.
It is this truth that frees us from our fears, and liberates our soul to fully express itself as unconditional love.

We did not come here for our self, but for the one who sent us - God.
In this regard, I believe our mission is to transform our human being into a spiritual being through the use of our freewill.
Be choosing to return to God through faith (not by weighing logic) we have returned to the image of God (Truth, Love, and Faith).
We then become, freely chosen, living expressions of God on Earth.
Old 28-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Knower
It Is my understanding and belief that part of the deal of incarnating in human form is that many of us forget so we may heal the forgetting on a soul level.

I think that many or most of us have separated from remembering our true spirit self. So we incarnate in a dense environment of forgetting so we can heal the forgetting that we carry as souls. How can we heal what we do not recreate ? We recreate it so we may work on it. I do not know of that makes sense. Or even if you would agree. But it is what I believe. We come in with and to the veil ( of forgetting) so we may have opportunity to lift it.
Old 28-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Master

The theory that I like is that it would be hard to live a life now with all the memories from past lives still there . Like watching a bunch of movies at once and trying to keep them all streght . We chose to keep thoes memories seprat, and deal with the problems from thoes lives at the proper times .
Old 28-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Master

It is part of our agreement to forget our origins before we are born. Otherwise we would just be going through the motions knowing we were going back to our fluffy cloud when it was over.

I remember the years I struggled to remember. It was gut wrenching. That frustration, that anger at knowing there was something I knew that I needed to remember. I could not put the pieces together. None of this made sense. I was angry at God for putting me here without a plan (or so I thought), putting all of us here, not knowing why we were here. At the time it seemed so random and full of confusion with all of us blindly living our lives in a vegetative state!

But it had the depth of emotion to help me change into the person I am today.
Old 29-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Phantasmic Fox

We, as self-aware beings travelling through a time/space continuum, experience many realities all once. We literally exists on many different planes at the same time, so we are actually alternating through of millions of different worlds per second. We don't only inhabit one earth, as conscious beings. Death is a thing that happens to all of us but at major spiritual shifts. When someone dies it's a major point in their existence to reflect on what they've just been through and they're supposed to learn from it in order to evolve (the spirit) and move forward, expanding.

Anyways. Back to your question: why do we forget our past lives?
Well, the simplest way to put it, as you've already figured out, is:

It is a learning mechanism.

It's relative to the reason why we create the ego, subconsciously, as something to challenge in order to improve our current existence, something to fight and oppose within ourselves so we may learn compassion and empathy without stirring chaos around us; and, ultimately, destroying ourselves with nothing but a simply lesson to learn and look back on.

If we, as a self-aware species, were not to behold top he ability to forget things, many of us would serve little purpose at this level of existence. Many of us would actually find no reason to be here other than to be a teacher, and so many would likewise be more useful working at higher levels of being...

If there was to be no forgetting, our earth would be very boring, quiet, and several billion fewer in population. In a way, we forget things in order to survive
Old 29-05-2014, 02:38 PM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMist
I was wandering why so many people 'forget' our spiritual roots? I know there is a spiritual awakening going on around us at the moment and it is so lovely to see and encourage. But why is it when we are born into our human body, do we not consciously 'know' our spiritual roots? I know it may be part of our real learning but what else, and why do I need to know what else?

Love and light x

I think that in addition to learning and experiencing certain things (which we would not be able to do have we known about it all), it's also about stages of evolution. Humanity (in this case) has to go through the stages in order to get to a desired point. And it starts with the stage where no one knows their roots and it ends with the stage where everybody learns that. We are in the stage where we have evolved to the point of discovering this truth. And future generations will be living in a society which knows about this as part of the normal daily living.
And it's probably the means to experience different things. If you live in a stage where you have no idea, then you will experience one kinds of experiences. When you live in a stage where you know then you will experience another kind of experiences.

Existence is like a spring, or like something that contracts and expands, starts and ends, and then starts again. Things repeat. Everything goes through stages. Just because that's all there is. Starting from point A, ending up at point Z. And then starting at point A again.
Old 29-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Guide
Isn't that part of the fun? Like a self created challenge.
Old 31-05-2014, 02:01 PM
Pathfinder

Why Indeed!

Purple Mist I have this same question and have been wondering about this myself. I have been on a spiritual quest since the 80's....I have gone from Christianity to Judaism to Messianic seeking Truth. I have now begun studying the wisdom and spirituality of the Native Americans to which I find myself now rising to a higher level of awareness. How sad it took me this long....I don't understand why it has takes me all my human life to find what I was looking for:(

Tavah
Old 31-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Pathfinder

Our true spirit self

Quote:
Originally Posted by lili
It Is my understanding and belief that part of the deal of incarnating in human form is that many of us forget so we may heal the forgetting on a soul level.

I think that many or most of us have separated from remembering our true spirit self. So we incarnate in a dense environment of forgetting so we can heal the forgetting that we carry as souls. How can we heal what we do not recreate ? We recreate it so we may work on it. I do not know of that makes sense. Or even if you would agree. But it is what I believe. We come in with and to the veil ( of forgetting) so we may have opportunity to lift it.

lili: interesting....hmmm

Tavah