Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-09-2013, 06:28 PM
AquarianPhoenix84

curses

Hi I made a post in the past that briefly brushed on curses and if they exist? I wasn't too successful so im gonna ask again.

Are curses a real thing? Because I feel like someone put something on me. Sometimes I think it was an ex boyfriend and his mother who put a block on me because ever since we broke up nothing has worked out the way I was hoping for. Whether it be with dating or work or anything. I initially broke up with him because he was incredible codependent and had no drive to live life. His mother was constantly the third wheel and enabled his behavior. She was also incredibly pushy and persistent. When I initially broke up with him, I had to "break up" with his mom too. It was really sticky.

The relationship ended 5 years ago and I still get weird contacts from his mother via social media once in a while but I ignore it.

However since the break up, every time there is an opportunity that opens it self up to me, it crumbles the minute I reach for it and I can't help but feel guilt for leaving him. If im not feeling a guilt, there is something that reminds me of leaving him, whether its a situation where I am left in the dust or his mother tries to add me on social media.

I had to leave him because he wasn't planning on bettering himself and I couldn't continue to take care of him but I feel like im being punished for the relationship when I haven't done anything wrong except leaving him to take better care of myself. He was a huge downer. I was very very very sensitive to his emotions but after a while it was like he enjoyed being felt sorry for so he created more reasons for me to feel bad for him until I couldn't anymore.

So lets say there is something on me, how do I get rid of it? As much as id like to think I moved on from this situation, some how I am always reminded that I let him down.

Help?
Old 06-09-2013, 09:23 PM
primrose

I think it takes belief in curses for them to work. I don't personally believe, so hav'nt had a problem. After 5 years, he should only be a distant memory. His mother should'nt be able to contact you in any way, neither should he.

I'm a big believer in positive affirmations, as they work for me, so I encourage you to try them. Really try to put them both out of your mind.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:40 PM
WYN123

id agree with primrose, the belief can be self perpetual as well, ie if you think about people who think about curses, if they believe they are life cursed, and that very belief is so negative in itself, it feeds its self constantly.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:14 AM
Niebla0007

Yes, Belief gives it power.
Do not give it power over you/your life.