Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 30-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by primrose
Are we all programmed to be creatures of habit? I don't know why this bothers me, but it does. Doing the same things at the same time which a lot of people I know do, I actually know someone who eats the same meals every day, which is going to far in my view. I will go to bed and get up at different times, also eat at different times just to shake things up. I'm curious has anyone else wondered about this?

Its all programming. What else could anything be? One way or another. The desire to even eat is programmed into us so we don't die. Breathing air. And on and on. Then you got behaviors due to environment. All kinds of stuff.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 30-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
Its all programming. What else could anything be? One way or another. The desire to even eat is programmed into us so we don't die. Breathing air. And on and on. Then you got behaviors due to environment. All kinds of stuff.
I agree. We don't like to think of ourselves that way, since we're so independent and believe in 'free will'. But it's an illusion imo, everything we do is programmed, just like everything else in nature is. It's a beautiful thing, the way the world works.

I'm glad I have human programming, if I had the programming of an amoeba, all I would do is try to devour every living thing around me. I don't think my friends would appreciate me trying to devour them.
Old 30-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrose
All the replies make sense. It seems that in all areas of our lives we tend to have a set pattern that we follow. I was curious as to why?

I don't know what answer you're looking to hear but all the answers your being told are on track. But I'd like to add a thought. A very simple reason is you are talking about processing information. There is pattern to everything every time it happens you predict outcome. This is real. It would be very inefficient to go through the process of treating it as new information. It's said the brain processes literally hundred if not thousands of thoughts and experiences daily. This is where memory comes in. As there is pattern in the universe you operate the same way. We simply know. This much I think is evident.

The inner world mirrors the outer. It's not normal to process information simply because pattern is real and there is only so much time. You believe you see something fully but actually you don't. You see only part of it and the brain fills in everything else that is not complete.

Have you ever had the experience of an event where you have the feeling of processing information so efficiently that you are aware in new ways. This occurs in situations usually are out of the ordinary, such as during accidents, when information is processed so quickly and in such a way that even time seems to slow down. Here you get to see the level of processing and experience that is not normal you see brain has the ability to process more information in total but it is not normal. It is not done. Most people will never experience or know it.

Really all we're saying is the ability is there but it's not normal. You are very good at predicting and usually correct, why is that. If you think about it even mediation is not normal for us. We have the ability to be aware but is not normal right now but will be as we evolve.
Old 30-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I

I'm glad I have human programming, if I had the programming of an amoeba, all I would do is try to devour every living thing around me. I don't think my friends would appreciate me trying to devour them.

No they wouldn't! Lol.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 30-08-2013, 07:49 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I agree. We don't like to think of ourselves that way, since we're so independent and believe in 'free will'. But it's an illusion imo, everything we do is programmed, just like everything else in nature is. It's a beautiful thing, the way the world works.

Yeah. We think we have free will. I go around thinking I do. But I know your right. Its part of the illusion. Experience has shown me this. By far the scariest thing I ever faced. I literally felt what's the point. Then I sunk into the acceptance. I'm happy again now! Everything is now. The past. The future. Everything. Took me some time to grasp and accept it.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 30-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
Yeah. We think we have free will. I go around thinking I do. But I know your right. Its part of the illusion. Experience has shown me this. By far the scariest thing I ever faced. I literally felt what's the point. Then I sunk into the acceptance. I'm happy again now! Everything is now. The past. The future. Everything. Took me some time to grasp and accept it.
That's a deeper grasp than I have. If I make a choice, I think I'm making a choice, but am I? I suppose the only thing to do is have faith in nature.

Whatever I choose, my basic tendency is to survive and thrive...the underlying programming. That causes me to choose whatever it's called in spirituality...acceptance, faith, love, the now, repentance, letting go, to me it's all the same action.

'Evil' is just a word for programming and memories that are in opposition to surviving and thriving, which is a part of me. All the memories, holding on to grudges, regret, attachments, painful things.. which can ruin my life and it does all the time to people. But I can choose the love/acceptance/emptiness/faith/god, and I will, because that's a part of me as well.

God is so powerful that I'm not in control, so all I'm doing is appealing to that part of me consistently, by meditation, prayer, however I do it, and that's basically all I need to do to 're program' my mind. The universe, which is in me, is in control. I get my mind cleared every moment so I can flow with it in daily life.
Old 31-08-2013, 02:16 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
That's a deeper grasp than I have. If I make a choice, I think I'm making a choice, but am I? I suppose the only thing to do is have faith in nature.

Whatever I choose, my basic tendency is to survive and thrive...the underlying programming. That causes me to choose whatever it's called in spirituality...acceptance, faith, love, the now, repentance, letting go, to me it's all the same action.

'Evil' is just a word for programming and memories that are in opposition to surviving and thriving, which is a part of me. All the memories, holding on to grudges, regret, attachments, painful things.. which can ruin my life and it does all the time to people. But I can choose the love/acceptance/emptiness/faith/god, and I will, because that's a part of me as well.

God is so powerful that I'm not in control, so all I'm doing is appealing to that part of me consistently, by meditation, prayer, however I do it, and that's basically all I need to do to 're program' my mind. The universe, which is in me, is in control. I get my mind cleared every moment so I can flow with it in daily life.

It may have been a deep grasp during the experience and for some time afterwards. Now its just a memory. But I remember and that's why I believe your right. But all the time I think I'm making choices. Only a small part of me knows I'm not.

Wherever I May Roam