Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 14-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Experiencer
Going into fear during Meditation

This is my pain. Its cold. Scary. Dark. Makes me shiver shake and gives me pins and needles. I am definitely going deeper. The gold is down here. Crazy. What are these physical sensations I feel? Am I processing emotions or feelings?

I am starting to journey into my pain deeper and its getting scary. But I know there is so much value down there. But its dark. When I meditate and list to a certain binaural beat track it just sends me under. I can't bare to stay in this deep dark place it takes me. It makes me shiver. I wondered how can I learn to stay with this pain and fear? Any tips?

Thank you!
Old 14-09-2017, 07:04 PM
Kioma

Before meditation, remember that nothing can harm you without your consent.

It is said that being brave isn't not feeling fear, it's feeling the fear and going forward anyway.
Old 14-09-2017, 07:50 PM
Master
Tony, I think you have to actually look at what things are making you shiver and shake. That's when a real process begins at identifying the things that you react in fear to. It's just human emotions, and meditation is the vehicle to make your attempt to figure them out, and to help stop letting your emotions run away with you.

Old 14-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySG
I am starting to journey into my pain deeper and its getting scary. But I know there is so much value down there. But its dark. When I meditate and list to a certain binaural beat track it just sends me under. I can't bare to stay in this deep dark place it takes me. It makes me shiver. I wondered how can I learn to stay with this pain and fear? Any tips?

Simply be present with whatever is happening. Do not resist it. Instead, try to open yourself up to these feelings, welcome them, embrace them, dive into them.

If you can stop labelling what you are experiencing (this is dark, this is painful, this is scary) and simply experience whatever is arising, then you discover that all this dark pain and fear is simply a feeling, an energy. It cannot hurt you. It is simply energy flowing through you.

Peace.
Old 15-09-2017, 06:09 AM
Pathfinder

I ask for protection/guidance when I feel that way. Or even light a candle. But maybe you need to look deeper why you feel that way. Or visualize light if you feel dark. Just don't let the fear control you.
Old 15-09-2017, 08:25 AM
Guide
Quote:
This is my pain. Its cold. Scary. Dark. Makes me shiver shake and gives me pins and needles. I am definitely going deeper. The gold is down here. Crazy. What are these physical sensations I feel? Am I processing emotions or feelings?

Thank you!
This is what mind's fears, if you drop fears no one can harm you, meditation is pure divine exercises, which are tested for goodness. And spiritual meditation is process of meditating on God/ Godess/ Lord (Jesus/ Krishna and others). So there is no question of fearing when meditating.
Old 15-09-2017, 08:31 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambiebambie
I ask for protection/guidance when I feel that way. Or even light a candle. But maybe you need to look deeper why you feel that way. Or visualize light if you feel dark. Just don't let the fear control you.
Before meditating you bows and do naman in highest respect of 1) God/ Goddess/ Lord, 2) Teacher, who first introduced the meditation till guide/ teacher/ friend, who forwarded you immediate. This makes every meditation method divine. I mixed here the step of Buddhist Zazen and Hinduism.
After doing this you no need of other protection. This is what highest protection.

If you interested you can search Zazen method on youtube.
Old 15-09-2017, 01:42 PM
Quote:
This is my pain. ...
I can't bare to stay in this deep dark place it takes me. It makes me shiver.
I wondered how can I learn to stay with this pain and fear? Any tips?
HI Tony,
This is what I would say... Answer this for yourself...'Why would I want to stay with this pain and fear? '
Is it because of a hope that it will become beautiful?
That you will eventually gain insight? Peace? Love? Feel the Presence of God?
Do you have an ingrained 'work ethic' of 'No pain, no gain'?
People have many reasons to meditate.

Why would you want to experience what you do now?
Meditation is not to be used if a person has deep rooted fears and beliefs
about a punishing, scary God with all sorts of devils and demons out to get us, or...deep seated guilt, fear, anxiety, possibly
sublimated childhood memories of big traumas in their psyche...
because it can get worse!

I would ask you, if in counseling, what your basic belief system is.
Don't answer here , ya know.

Do you consciously see the world, universe, God, even the 'dark' as things to fear...
that you have no control over...as external 'things' that can harm you?

Then, I would suggest to you to read about the boundless love that God,
Jesus, Krishna, Brahma, angels, whatever your point of reference...have for you.
Danger is created in your mind...to begin with.

Learn some things first about the Nature of Reality..creation, life, the Creator...existence first...get clear and confident about this.
Some call this increasing your faith...whatever.

A person can't really expect peace to come out of anxiety...which is what you are describing...shivers, cold, etc.

May I say, stop listening to that particular beat track.
For me this is serious...sure ask for protection and all...but there is more going on here!!!
Take care.

Ah, I see your signature now..battles, brink of insanity , spit personality...I would not
be suggesting that beat track at ALL for you.
Maybe start with visualizations first and master those....Imagining your favorite things...sailing,
being on a beach, hiking near a stream ...you know....smell the smells, feel the peace in that way...first.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-09-2017, 08:34 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
[color=Black]HI Tony,
This is what I would say... Answer this for yourself...'Why would I want to stay with this pain and fear? '
Is it because of a hope that it will become beautiful?
That you will eventually gain insight? Peace? Love? Feel the Presence of God?
Do you have an ingrained 'work ethic' of 'No pain, no gain'?
People have many reasons to meditate.

Why would you want to experience what you do now?
Meditation is not to be used if a person has deep rooted fears and beliefs
about a punishing, scary God with all sorts of devils and demons out to get us, or...deep seated guilt, fear, anxiety, possibly
sublimated childhood memories of big traumas in their psyche...
because it can get worse!

I would ask you, if in counseling, what your basic belief system is.
Don't answer here , ya know.

Do you consciously see the world, universe, God, even the 'dark' as things to fear...that you have no control over...as external 'things' that can harm you?

Then, I would suggest to you to read about the boundless love that God,
Jesus, Krishna, Brahma, angels, whatever your point of reference...have for you.
Danger is created in your mind...to begin with.

A person can't really expect peace to come out of anxiety...which is what you are describing...shivers, cold, etc.

May I say, stop listening to that particular beat track.
For me this is serious...sure ask for protection and all...but there is more going on here!!!
Take care.

I have been trying to overcome a deep trauma for many years now. I have been through all kinds of healing therapies. Whatever it is, it's held me back from living life. I understand it is probably transgenerational.

I only recently discovered this meditation and this has taken me the closet I have gotten to this deep pain and I have experienced some relief of my symptoms since doing this meditation. I don't want to stay with the pain and fear but rather move through it. I have a knowing that whatever is on the other side is what I have been looking for. Maybe it's some sort of soul retrieval, I am not fully sure at this point. But I do understand journeying to this place is probably not a good idea especially on my own. I may try and seek out some help from a professional in this area. Thanks for your concern and response.
Old 16-09-2017, 01:39 AM
Guide
Quote:
I have been trying to overcome a deep trauma for many years now. I have been through all kinds of healing therapies. Whatever it is, it's held me back from living life. I understand it is probably transgenerational.

I only recently discovered this meditation and this has taken me the closet I have gotten to this deep pain and I have experienced some relief of my symptoms since doing this meditation. I don't want to stay with the pain and fear but rather move through it. I have a knowing that whatever is on the other side is what I have been looking for. Maybe it's some sort of soul retrieval, I am not fully sure at this point. But I do understand journeying to this place is probably not a good idea especially on my own. I may try and seek out some help from a professional in this area. Thanks for your concern and response.
If you begin to meditate as healing tool, yes even reiki is based on meditation.
But I suggest you simple meditation of breathing meditation in which breathe not counted but flow serene pauseless slow in tranquility.
And your entire meditation on one breathing point say in center of two ears, where you assume existance of God inside you.
This will help you a lot.
if your concentration break no problem keep attaining that point, let thought pass and again your concentration on that point where existance of God.
Normally I do meditate in thoughtlessness and when thought arise again I start from thoughtlessness. earlier this will be a lot but by time passing thoughts arise less and less.
God Bless You.