Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 14-08-2017, 05:34 PM
Bindu* Bindu* is offline
Knower
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 127
  Bindu*'s Avatar
Some writings from Shree Aurobindo:

"Here, too, it becomes necessary to indicate the method by which the attainment of sadharmyam is facilitated and fulfilled. The human consciousness, in ascent to the higher and higher levels of Para Prakriti and in securing its constant identity with the laws of divine action, divyam karma,163 finds that conditioned, as it is, by the past lines of development by the laws of the gunas (dharmas) as also of the laws of swabhava and swadharma, resistances of various kinds occur, and they need to be broken; they can be broken effectively by the power of the Para Prakriti which truly knows how the resistances of various dharmas can be broken. Hence, the supreme word and most secret thing of all, guhyatamam rahasyam, that is given by the Gita, consists of that secret most method. This method is enunciated by Sri Krishna in the following two verses of the Gita: "Be thoroughly fixed and turned to Me, be devoted to Me, offer your sacrifice to Me, offer adorations to Me, verily you will enter into Me � this I truly promise you, because you are dear to Me. Relinquish all Dharmas (all laws of action pertaining to the gunas or laws of swabhava and swadharma that govern the ascending movement), take refuge in Me alone; I will verily release you from all sins whatsoever. Do not grieve".164 The Spirit and Godhead, Para Prakriti and Purushottama are infinite and free from all

dharmas, which belong to the realm of the Ignorance; Purushottama transcends all these dharmas, since He lives and acts in the fullness of light and knowledge, in the state of eternal silence and in the state of the fullness of potency of power of the totality of manifestation in which each thread is harmoniously united with all that exists and all that is brought forth in manifestation. The effective method, therefore, by which we can participate in that action of the Purushottama, is to cast away all dependence on dharmas, to surrender ourselves to the Supreme Lord. Our task would be to take care only to keep ourselves absolutely and exclusively open to him, trust to the light and power and delight of the Supreme. That state of self-surrender, where one is unafraid and ungrieving, and where one accepts only His guidance, is the truest method; that brings the absolute and inevitable perfection of ourselves and nature. This method puts the soul of man into its right relation with the Purushottama, His status of immobility and His status of the universal mobility and individual mobility, as also His status of the supreme Lordship over the universe. This method enables us to permit the Supreme Purushottama to act unreservedly through our instrumentality, where our entire being becomes such an efficient bow in the hands of the Purushottama that He can use it according to His will and in the direction that He wills. It is He who knows how to shape our life in the life of the world in order to promote the continuous harmony of the divine self-expression. This is the state that Arjuna was promised by Sri Krishna, when Arjuna had asked for the knowledge and practice of that action which will be entirely free from all limitations and which would be objectively supremely right and beneficial to the highest workings of the world-harmony.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 14-08-2017, 09:29 PM
AlwaysDayAfterYesterday AlwaysDayAfterYesterday is offline
Knower
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 151
 
Quote:
Full awakening does not come from the realisation that you are both, but that you are neither!

Now you have the correct view. We are always becoming something new, neither the one God in image nor the old nature we were yesterday. Non-being, becoming and being. Being is the awakened soul free to exist in full knowledge of God. This never implies that we will no longer individuate. It implies that we eventually know as we are known.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 14-08-2017, 09:39 PM
AlwaysDayAfterYesterday AlwaysDayAfterYesterday is offline
Knower
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 151
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
Some writings from Shree Aurobindo:

"Here, too, it becomes necessary to indicate the method by which the attainment of sadharmyam is facilitated and fulfilled. The human consciousness, in ascent to the higher and higher levels of Para Prakriti and in securing its constant identity with the laws of divine action, divyam karma,163 finds that conditioned, as it is, by the past lines of development by the laws of the gunas (dharmas) as also of the laws of swabhava and swadharma, resistances of various kinds occur, and they need to be broken; they can be broken effectively by the power of the Para Prakriti which truly knows how the resistances of various dharmas can be broken. Hence, the supreme word and most secret thing of all, guhyatamam rahasyam, that is given by the Gita, consists of that secret most method. This method is enunciated by Sri Krishna in the following two verses of the Gita: "Be thoroughly fixed and turned to Me, be devoted to Me, offer your sacrifice to Me, offer adorations to Me, verily you will enter into Me � this I truly promise you, because you are dear to Me. Relinquish all Dharmas (all laws of action pertaining to the gunas or laws of swabhava and swadharma that govern the ascending movement), take refuge in Me alone; I will verily release you from all sins whatsoever. Do not grieve".164 The Spirit and Godhead, Para Prakriti and Purushottama are infinite and free from all

dharmas, which belong to the realm of the Ignorance; Purushottama transcends all these dharmas, since He lives and acts in the fullness of light and knowledge, in the state of eternal silence and in the state of the fullness of potency of power of the totality of manifestation in which each thread is harmoniously united with all that exists and all that is brought forth in manifestation. The effective method, therefore, by which we can participate in that action of the Purushottama, is to cast away all dependence on dharmas, to surrender ourselves to the Supreme Lord. Our task would be to take care only to keep ourselves absolutely and exclusively open to him, trust to the light and power and delight of the Supreme. That state of self-surrender, where one is unafraid and ungrieving, and where one accepts only His guidance, is the truest method; that brings the absolute and inevitable perfection of ourselves and nature. This method puts the soul of man into its right relation with the Purushottama, His status of immobility and His status of the universal mobility and individual mobility, as also His status of the supreme Lordship over the universe. This method enables us to permit the Supreme Purushottama to act unreservedly through our instrumentality, where our entire being becomes such an efficient bow in the hands of the Purushottama that He can use it according to His will and in the direction that He wills. It is He who knows how to shape our life in the life of the world in order to promote the continuous harmony of the divine self-expression. This is the state that Arjuna was promised by Sri Krishna, when Arjuna had asked for the knowledge and practice of that action which will be entirely free from all limitations and which would be objectively supremely right and beneficial to the highest workings of the world-harmony.

From my own reasoning, it is never a condition of liberation to give yourself over to another as Lord in ownership, but deference to the rulers we must all follow--namely Love and Truth. With Love, there is no other law or ruler necessary. Self-rule is the King ruling his own nature in parallel to that of the universe. No Lord is necessary in this case, which is then evidenced by the collective Lord giving his own authority and dominion over to God, thereby overcoming death. You can reference this in 1 Corinthians 15.

I know some reading this only use one relative scripture over others, which is the purpose of the Tantra (the text becomes the body). By seeing the central truth revealed by all scriptures, contradictions such as this are answered. The assumption in both Christian and Hindu texts is that the Lord is one being. In truth, the Lord is all of us. Assumptions are wrong view, not the error of the scriptures themselves. Compare this to the mistaken view there is one Buddha. We are all Buddha. Same Same.

.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 14-08-2017, 10:42 PM
Bindu* Bindu* is offline
Knower
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 127
  Bindu*'s Avatar
Quote:
assumption in both Christian and Hindu texts is that the Lord is one being. In truth, the Lord is all of us

There is nothing that is not the lord...we are all cells in the body of the lord...all part of the One being. A method of knowing this is to offer yourself to the Oneness of being. Completes the chain. The One becomes many, and the many becomes the One...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 14-08-2017, 11:32 PM
AlwaysDayAfterYesterday AlwaysDayAfterYesterday is offline
Knower
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 151
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
There is nothing that is not the lord...we are all cells in the body of the lord...all part of the One being. A method of knowing this is to offer yourself to the Oneness of being. Completes the chain. The One becomes many, and the many becomes the One...

Colossians 1

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

It is my view that the Christian texts were sourced from Hinduism, but best revealed by the New Testament itself. While the Hindu revelation is the oldest source, the New Testament reveals an aspect of this not known before the first century. I have an article on this topic here: LINK

For a Christian, their own view cannot be fully realized apart from the Hindu perspective. For the Hindu, the Christian view is necessary. Like Bodhidharm, two must be made one. Yama in Hebrew means head west. Yama in Sanskrit means self-control. Yama is Yahweh in Hebrew, or ruler of the underworld (subconscious).
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 14-08-2017, 11:57 PM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 5,938
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysDayAfterYesterday
From my own reasoning, it is never a condition of liberation to give yourself over to another as Lord in ownership, but deference to the rulers we must all follow--namely Love and Truth.
Namaste.

It is apparent that you have never 'reasoned' about a full and total heart surrender.

It occurs during the intense height of the bhakti state, when through tears of love, all you can say and feel is "my dear Lord...take me!...make me!...break me!"

You start babbling stuff straight from the heart...which of course is no longer 'yours' by that stage (as if it ever was)...like "I am nothing without you...everything I am, everything I have...I give to you...want my mind? here, have it!...want my ego? it's yours!" and then down you go...face-first on the floor in full body prostration....what happens next is totally indescribable! I get goosebumps all over just talking about it.

You talk about love from a mind-level. You take your teachings from many incongruous faiths and sources. There is something far beyond what you write and who does/not have the 'correct view' when my eyes sting with tears as I type this and if I could only feel just a fraction of what I feel right now, you would know.

Quote:
For the Hindu, the Christian view is necessary.

P.S...not for this Hindu! I much prefer to stick to my own religion and the teachings within it.

Jai Bholenath.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 15-08-2017, 07:37 AM
Shivani Devi Shivani Devi is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 5,938
  Shivani Devi's Avatar
Namaste.

....and then it also happens at the most inconvenient of times too. lol

Both my mother and I were in a second-hand bookstore today.

I was looking around the store and nothing took my fancy, as I only read books about Hinduism and Shamanism...not even a new-age offering was there whatsoever...

So, I went to the 'History' section and there, right at the back, buried under a ton of books and covered in dust, I saw a very old book...it was called "Asiatic Mythology" printed in 1932...they wanted $1 for it (I ended up buying it).

So, I sat down and looked at it to see if I wanted to buy it...and opened it up right to a beautiful 1800's colour lithograph of Shiva and Parvati...and the brain switch just snapped and when that happens, I get lost in a world of my own, totally oblivious to any external stimuli or influence.

...and so it was, my mother came up and started talking to me, but I did not notice her there...my eyes and ears were open, but I wasn't hearing or seeing anything outside me...she told me she was screaming my name and shaking me, but my eyes were half-closed and all I could think/feel was Shiva...inside, outside...and everywhere.

After about 15-20 minutes, I 'came to' with a huge smile on my face and I just burst out laughing...laughing at every little thing. My mother was totally perplexed. She's like "are you on drugs?" and I said "yeah...soma" and she said "never heard of that one before". lol

About half an hour later, listening to my MP3 player waiting for my mother outside a bargain shop and a kirtan came on...Shiv Ratan Dhan Payo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL0SLYIz4ag

Again, the switch flipped and I totally froze...my breath froze...my eyes rolled back into my head and I couldn't move...I opened my eyes and everything I was seeing was mixing and blending into each other...dancing and humming with energy. I assumed Bhairava Mudra and focused on my heart chakra...again, my mother came out, tried to rouse me, but I was totally gone..

After a while, I came round again and she's like 'where do you go?...where were you?" and I said "honestly? stuffed if I know". =)

I felt like I was floating on a cloud for the rest of the day though, but I had to struggle to keep my whole focus externalised.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums