Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 10-08-2017, 03:23 PM
Newbie ;)

Body Tingling while meditating

Hiya,

When meditating i sometimes feel my whole body tingling and tightness in my chest to the point where it gets distracting and i stop meditating. Correct me if im wrong but the tingling is energy? I try to ignore/ride it out but when the tightness in chest comes i get very anxious where it almost feels like im having a panic attack and stop everything.

Any advice/tips on how to do deal with it would be greatly appreciated.
Love and Blessings
Old 12-08-2017, 03:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyJourneyHasBegan
Hiya,

When meditating i sometimes feel my whole body tingling and tightness in my chest to the point where it gets distracting and i stop meditating. Correct me if im wrong but the tingling is energy? I try to ignore/ride it out but when the tightness in chest comes i get very anxious where it almost feels like im having a panic attack and stop everything.

Any advice/tips on how to do deal with it would be greatly appreciated.
Love and Blessings

Yes, in meditation it is common to become aware of the subtle aspects of the body, which are very often felt as tingling. Tightness in chest is OK, and that will pass in its own good time as part of the purification process. When you say you get 'distracted' that is when you begin to react - which becomes 'anxiety' as you put it. I suggest that you have far more capacity to sit with it than you think. It might be more disconcerting for you because you are alone with it and have no support, but I suggest you could be a lot more determined than you have been to date, and as best you can, you can be aware that the chest sensation is there without becoming distressed by it - as well as you are able - and I think you'll be surprised at how able you really are.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:38 PM
Master
Hi

I agree with Gem you can sit with it longer so give that a try. To me it's a good sign and to me you are going deeper in your meditation and your body is reacting to it as it's not use to it.

There is nothing to fear and it just simply means that you are progressing. Thew sensation you are having will go away as you get use to it.

Your doing good keep up the good work.
Old 13-08-2017, 12:48 AM
Seeker

I feel the tingling and tightness too. It used to be really hard to deal with but I started focusing more on my breathing and even counting my breaths and I would start to feel less like I was having a panic attack.
Old 17-08-2017, 01:37 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks so much guys, will give it another go :)
Old 17-08-2017, 05:37 AM
Guide
You are supposed to ignore all bodily senses in meditation and your entire attention & concentration shall be on breathing.
Old 17-08-2017, 10:05 AM
Newbie ;)

trying to ignore phenomena that happen in the awareness field is helpless. instead, just be mindful about them. notice they arising and disappearing just like all phenomena in nature.
Old 17-08-2017, 06:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajasatya
trying to ignore phenomena that happen in the awareness field is helpless. instead, just be mindful about them. notice they arising and disappearing just like all phenomena in nature.

I agree, for what it's worth
Old 25-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Seeker

Just relax, breathe, and keep going. All kind of things may happen during meditation. Tingling is a common thing. If you want to work specifically on this layer to accelerate the transmutation of this density of energy specifically, add some qi gong and pranayama to your practices. But yes as mentioned, meditation is meditation. Each practice has its own focus.
Old 25-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajasatya

Both are true and both can be useful.