Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 08-02-2017, 01:46 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Earth's population has outpaced its mental development

From Michael Newton's "Journey of Souls" book:
Dr. N: Perhaps you could give me some idea of what they [other worlds] are like?

S: Oh, some are ... analytical schools. Others are basically mental worlds ... subtle
places

Dr. N: What do you think of the Earth school by comparison?

S: The Earth school is insecure, still. It is filled with resentment of many people over
being led and antagonism of the leaders toward each other. There is so much fear to
overcome here. It is a world in conflict because there is too much diversity among
too many people. Other worlds have low populations with more harmony. Earth's
population has outpaced its mental development.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
Earth's population has outpaced its mental development
That would certainly explain American politics at the moment, lol. Ideas like this used to fascinate me. Now I understand them to be people's belief projections and best guesses, and nothing more. You can get a good read on someone's actual spiritual insightfulness by examining the amount of time they spend describing negative aspects of life. The more they do that, the less they're spiritually in tune. The spiritual mind operates in the realm of experiential wisdom, and has no time for belief projections, let alone negative ones.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:14 AM
Master
The Earth school is exploding now. It is filled with the desire of many souls who are karmically being led toward each other. There is so much to learn here. It is a world in exploration because there is so much diversity among so many people. Other worlds have low populations with more harmony. Earth's large population has much to do with learning and development while in a state of less harmony.

This is what I'm talking about. Same observations, but with a positive spin. It's all about what one chooses to focus on. And in the case of religion and spiritual cults, what it is people choose to believe and follow as tenets. The higher mind sees the good, the lower mind sees the negative, and the trapped cult-mind sees evil.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:57 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile

This is what I'm talking about. Same observations, but with a positive spin. It's all about what one chooses to focus on. And in the case of religion and spiritual cults, what it is people choose to believe and follow as tenets. The higher mind sees the good, the lower mind sees the negative, and the trapped cult-mind sees evil.
You may not realise, but your tone is condescending toward those that don't share your views. Keep always in mind that your views, until proven, are just your views, no matter how much you love them, believe in them, or how many people support them. By the way: truth is not a democratic value ...

Some people think that having lofty ideals make them superior, but when those ideals are utopian, and they cause pain onto others, those people don't take responsibility for promoting them. They always place blame on others, quite often on their victims, usually with the same conviction in their own superiority.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:22 AM
Master
Quote:
You may not realise, but your tone is condescending toward those that don't share your views.
You posted an article representing one view. I posted a reply that represents my view. Agree or disagree with my view, it doesn't matter to me. Either way, how you personally choose to interpret my response isn't the topic here. It's a public forum; expect strong opinions and even disagreements with articles you post in public.

And yes I am particularly vocal when it comes to negative, destructive fundamentalism and cult rhetoric. Religious and cult fundamentalists are spiritualists who take the worst and ugliest of their spiritual beliefs, and make it everyone else's truth and reality. Michael Newton is doing the same, passing off his fundamentalist beliefs as some kind truth for our human collective. I'm disagreeing. There's nothing spiritually inspiring or insightful in any of it. People today are rather lost in life, and many are attracted to dark, negative, fearful belief-rhetoric that reflects their own fear-filled reality, and the belief choices they've made in life. That's what I read into this Michael Newton snippet. He's a literary cult leader of sorts really; the language he uses and his negative view of humanity is exactly how religions and cults appeal to the worst fears in people.

Thich Nhat Hanh... same age as Michael Newton, and someone who is a true spiritual writer. Read his uplifting descriptions of humanity. No fear, no negativity. All light, goodness, and godness.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:31 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

It's ridiculous how some people who pretend to "love", be uplifting, and such, become dismissive, arrogant, hateful toward those who don't share their views . They are, in fact, the fundamentalist and narrow minded they despise.

The point is not to love, but to not have others hate you ...
Old 13-02-2017, 12:52 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
It's ridiculous how some people who pretend to "love", be uplifting, and such, become dismissive, arrogant, hateful toward those who don't share their views . They are, in fact, the fundamentalist and narrow minded they despise.

Hatred will always find a vehicle for its expression, people hated Jesus for his teaching and crucified him.
Old 13-02-2017, 01:03 PM
Master
Quote:

If hearing peoples' differing opinions causes you so much aggravation that you can only reply with ad hom attacks, why even post? Start a blog. That way you can control the dialogue and the responses.
Old 13-02-2017, 02:50 PM
Master
Quote:
It's ridiculous how some people who pretend to "love"
This seems to be a bugaboo for you, you posted quite a bit in your other thread about the fallacy of love. If you notice I didn't mention the word love, at all. Rather, I speak of positive versus negative life outlook. Beliefs aren't real. People simply choose what they wish to believe. We construct our belief world based on the life-outlook choices we make. And we always have that choice: we can choose positive beliefs, or negative ones.

Understanding that about beliefs, one see that nothing Michael Newton writes here has any basis in reality. These are nothing more or less than his personal belief projections. His comments reflect his beliefs, not truths, and therefore reveal nothing whatsoever about "the Earth School." What they do reveal is his inner state. He is someone who has chosen to create negative spiritual beliefs for himself: antagonism, resentment, fear, and conflict.

The only question and point of discussion in this would be whether or not someone whose spiritual beliefs focus on negativity, antagonism, resentment, fear, and conflict, is spiritually advanced or not. Myself, I would say it shows he's not a very advanced soul. Advanced souls understand that our beliefs create the world we project. Believe in a benevolent universe, and that's the happy, positive reality one experiences. Believe in antagonism, resentment, fear, and conflict, and that is the world you will create for yourself, and will find yourself in.

Nothing to do with "love." Everything to do with positive, conscious belief choices. It's this simple: our beliefs are an illusion, they're projections and they mean nothing. So you're free to choose either positive beliefs, or negative beliefs. And your choice reveals your degree of enlightenment. That is my belief.
Old 13-02-2017, 03:12 PM
Master

I've come to realize this is a world mostly full of young and teen souls. Yes, there are some mature and old souls here for their own purposes, but this world will be in conflict until the general population begins to move over into the mature and old soul realms which won't be anytime soon, imho.