Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-09-2015, 08:57 PM
Master
Karmic cycle issues

I was not sure about the title, because I'm so confused,

I was trying to figure out the lesson from a karmic situation that I'm currently experiencing.

What should I do if this cycle has been repeating itself over and over again in the last decade.

I know the lesson at certain level, but the fact that it is repeating itself is hilarious, maybe should I reflect more on this in a deeper level? Perhaps there are plenty of details that I haven't learned about it.

Maybe it is my law of attraction which is manifesting this karmic cycle over and over again...

I would like to get rid of it...
Old 09-09-2015, 09:57 PM
Knower

If this cycle is repeating itself over and over you need to locate the cause of the karmic cycle, it's very hard to distinguish your situation with such limited information, But i respect that it may be personal.

Sometimes the cause of suffering can be hard to locate, especially if you don't know where to look. But as Buddha taught, the root of all suffering comes from our self grasping ignorance. Now i respect you may not be a Buddhist but Self grasping ignorance is a mind that sees the self and the world, but knows not that the world depends on the mind to exist.
A self grasping mind sees the world as something that has nothing to do with the self, Buddha said this is an illusion. In fact, even the body is a projection of mind.

So, maybe you could look into Emptiness teachings and meditate on them as these teachings and meditations are the most powerful in removing self grasping ignorance and maybe your karma will purify. It's not easy to understand at first but you will begin to understand eventually. :)

Hope i have helped!

Much love,

Humanb
Old 09-09-2015, 10:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyan28
I was not sure about the title, because I'm so confused,

I was trying to figure out the lesson from a karmic situation that I'm currently experiencing.

What should I do if this cycle has been repeating itself over and over again in the last decade.

I know the lesson at certain level, but the fact that it is repeating itself is hilarious, maybe should I reflect more on this in a deeper level? Perhaps there are plenty of details that I haven't learned about it.

Maybe it is my law of attraction which is manifesting this karmic cycle over and over again...

I would like to get rid of it...

Did you just get rid of it?

I have learned that making peace with certain cycles and issues within you, often flow into your world in a full range of motion, or full circle, so that you get to see yourself realized through a whole range of connections, many angles and deeper awareness of such issues in you all linking to the one source. So often in these deeper ones, I have found my mind, my heart and my spirit come into the picture.

When you think your done, another angle related, often connected comes at you, till you find the *source* seeking to make peace at the core level. The core ones tend to travel with you through a lot of experiences, so often as you rise above something, the next level/experience opens it all up again, to see it and release more. Core issues are often deeply embedded in your whole life and relationship to life from their formation to now. So in this view, they can take as long to undo.

Its a bit like taking away all the faces/face before you and revealing the true face where it started and where it can end. The ending often signified by your own face. :)

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 10-09-2015, 02:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Did you just get rid of it?

I have learned that making peace with certain cycles and issues within you, often flow into your world in a full range of motion, or full circle, so that you get to see yourself realized through a whole range of connections, many angles and deeper awareness of such issues in you all linking to the one source. So often in these deeper ones, I have found my mind, my heart and my spirit come into the picture.

When you think your done, another angle related, often connected comes at you, till you find the *source* seeking to make peace at the core level. The core ones tend to travel with you through a lot of experiences, so often as you rise above something, the next level/experience opens it all up again, to see it and release more. Core issues are often deeply embedded in your whole life and relationship to life from their formation to now. So in this view, they can take as long to undo.

Its a bit like taking away all the faces/face before you and revealing the true face where it started and where it can end. The ending often signified by your own face. :)

Hi Naturesflow

oh no, I'm just in the middle of a big and awful karmic storm... again... :(

Thanks for your advice, so it is a lesson for my core, that's why it is so recurrent, I get it =)

So every time I get into that cycle it's an opportunity to re-connect with my true essence, I would like to connect with this core but without any karmic cycle lol, is there any way to get the knowledge without pain?
Old 10-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Seeker

How to resolve Karma, if that's even possible. I will tell you my theory.

So Karma, in essence, is the 'power' that implements itself into our everyday lives. You do good things, you reap good things. You do bad things, you reap bad things. (Maybe not in this lifetime, but it will come back to get you. Or reward you.)

Now my belief, is that we create our own Karma. Each as individuals. My Karma is going to be different than yours. Because who I believe is behind it comes from within ourselves. Our soul, our higher self, our true spirit. However you want to name it. To me, our higher self is who we should aspire to be like. And through Karma, our higher self is trying to teach us the right path. (I won't delve into the discussion that our soul, etc. ultimately stems from the source, the one, and so on. Too lengthy. :P)

So to wipe out Karma, how do we do it?
Well, again in my belief, it's all about forgiveness. True and complete forgiveness. We have to forgive ourselves for whatever wrong doings we have done. Easier said than done, but can be done. And seek absolution from the source.
And if anyone else is involved in our karmic situation, we should forgive them as well.

It is a truly awful feeling, when we've made a mistake, KNOW that we've made a mistake, and although we need forgiveness desperately, may not want to accept it depending on our level of guilt. It can be so great that we may not feel worthy of it.
Well, that is a huge grievance on the source, because His (I'm just using this pronoun to describe the source) purpose, in my belief, is to build each of us up in love and light. He cannot do that if a soul is so lost that it will not accept the forgiveness, and thus preventing their ability to grow.

As far as learning our lessons and atoning for karmic debt... how will one know that one has TRULY learned their lesson unless put to the ultimate test? As sad as it may be to say it, even if we atone for our wrongdoings and forgive and do everything right, our higher self may still put us through this test. But I think we just need to trust this aspect of our life and believe that they're doing it for the right reasons.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanb
If this cycle is repeating itself over and over you need to locate the cause of the karmic cycle, it's very hard to distinguish your situation with such limited information, But i respect that it may be personal.

Sometimes the cause of suffering can be hard to locate, especially if you don't know where to look. But as Buddha taught, the root of all suffering comes from our self grasping ignorance. Now i respect you may not be a Buddhist but Self grasping ignorance is a mind that sees the self and the world, but knows not that the world depends on the mind to exist.
A self grasping mind sees the world as something that has nothing to do with the self, Buddha said this is an illusion. In fact, even the body is a projection of mind.

So, maybe you could look into Emptiness teachings and meditate on them as these teachings and meditations are the most powerful in removing self grasping ignorance and maybe your karma will purify. It's not easy to understand at first but you will begin to understand eventually. :)

Hope i have helped!

Much love,

Humanb

Hi Humanb

Thanks for your advice, it's interesting these days I've been having this urge to meditate in the void and get my mind clear of all thoughts and emotions.

To explain a little bit the situation, it's a romantic cycle here, there have been 3 times in my life that I have fallen in love very deeply, each one of them for 3 years approx, except the 3rd one, it has just begin.

The first time I was rejected, the second one I was rejected but after some time he accepted me as partner, and the third one I was kind of rejected but not totally, so there is hope with this 3rd guy.

But what I'm not getting is why do I have to experience this silly cycle, it's clearly karma.

I can recall that I have met these guys in a previous life, but I don't have many details of what wrong or good stuff I did to them, so I'm not able to understand the karma here.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcaneopal
How to resolve Karma, if that's even possible. I will tell you my theory.

So Karma, in essence, is the 'power' that implements itself into our everyday lives. You do good things, you reap good things. You do bad things, you reap bad things. (Maybe not in this lifetime, but it will come back to get you. Or reward you.)

Now my belief, is that we create our own Karma. Each as individuals. My Karma is going to be different than yours. Because who I believe is behind it comes from within ourselves. Our soul, our higher self, our true spirit. However you want to name it. To me, our higher self is who we should aspire to be like. And through Karma, our higher self is trying to teach us the right path. (I won't delve into the discussion that our soul, etc. ultimately stems from the source, the one, and so on. Too lengthy. :P)

So to wipe out Karma, how do we do it?
Well, again in my belief, it's all about forgiveness. True and complete forgiveness. We have to forgive ourselves for whatever wrong doings we have done. Easier said than done, but can be done. And seek absolution from the source.
And if anyone else is involved in our karmic situation, we should forgive them as well.

It is a truly awful feeling, when we've made a mistake, KNOW that we've made a mistake, and although we need forgiveness desperately, may not want to accept it depending on our level of guilt. It can be so great that we may not feel worthy of it.
Well, that is a huge grievance on the source, because His (I'm just using this pronoun to describe the source) purpose, in my belief, is to build each of us up in love and light. He cannot do that if a soul is so lost that it will not accept the forgiveness, and thus preventing their ability to grow.

As far as learning our lessons and atoning for karmic debt... how will one know that one has TRULY learned their lesson unless put to the ultimate test? As sad as it may be to say it, even if we atone for our wrongdoings and forgive and do everything right, our higher self may still put us through this test. But I think we just need to trust this aspect of our life and believe that they're doing it for the right reasons.

Hi arcaneopal

the ultimate test =( indeed it is the very difficult test I would say.

I would like to have the opposite of karma as a way to learn, but maybe that is a bit impossible until I have not purified all karma.

So how could I forgive something from a previous life if I don't remember them completely? I have remembered a lot of things, but some crucial details still are clouded in the past.

I will try to forgive everything
Old 10-09-2015, 03:25 PM
Knower

Quote:
Hi Humanb

Thanks for your advice, it's interesting these days I've been having this urge to meditate in the void and get my mind clear of all thoughts and emotions.

To explain a little bit the situation, it's a romantic cycle here, there have been 3 times in my life that I have fallen in love very deeply, each one of them for 3 years approx, except the 3rd one, it has just begin.

The first time I was rejected, the second one I was rejected but after some time he accepted me as partner, and the third one I was kind of rejected but not totally, so there is hope with this 3rd guy.

But what I'm not getting is why do I have to experience this silly cycle, it's clearly karma.

Well, in Buddhism the love between two people is attachment. It isn't true love because all you are doing is becoming attached to them and relying on them for happiness and peace of mind. True love is something that can't be given to just one person but it is a love of all beings without exception.

Maybe your desire is the cause of your karmic cycle.

We say "You hurt me" "You made me feel bad" well.. actually, because you attached your happiness to that person, when they left you or did something that made you get angry you lost your happiness, and your inner peace actually. This is the same with material objects, we attach ourselves to them and then that person or object is responsible for your happiness, it's your mind projecting your happiness outwards. When we seek the happiness within, its permanent and non-projecting.
Its really a case of looking inside and realizing you already have the things you so desperately seek on what seems like the "Outside world."
Its the action of seeking happiness that causes you to attach it to something, something that may not be accessible, something that may be short lived or something that can't always appear to us as we want it to. either way, if we continue in this way we are becoming slaves to our mind.

I appreciate you may not be Buddhist but as you use the word Karma i assume you have some sort of interest in the religon.

Hope i have helped.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:31 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Hi arcaneopal

the ultimate test =( indeed it is the very difficult test I would say.

I would like to have the opposite of karma as a way to learn, but maybe that is a bit impossible until I have not purified all karma.

So how could I forgive something from a previous life if I don't remember them completely? I have remembered a lot of things, but some crucial details still are clouded in the past.

I will try to forgive everything

Lol (boxing)

And aw! :( didn't mean to make you cry!

But hm... after your reply to Humanb, my post seems out of context. :P

Perhaps it is about accepting every part of your life as your choice, and that there is also to consider other people's choices in their lives as well. If everyone is not on the same page, then there is bound to be some resistance.
It would be nice if everyone could be more in sync with others, but each of our wavelengths/vibrations are different, and don't all see eye to eye.

I am not sure what the karmic cycle may be in your dilemma, but I do still stand by my last sentence in my previous post. ;P
If a relationship doesn't work out for me, I thank my guardians because I believe they have looked out for me. In each case, I honestly believe it's true. I can see how the other person's intentions are, and it doesn't match with mine. Which would ultimately lead to a toxic relationship, I believe.

Anyways, wishing you all the best. Hopefully you can find the root cause and get it happily resolved. :)
Old 10-09-2015, 04:50 PM
Experiencer
It's easy. You keep experiencing rejection because you(the higher you) want to learn about it. Go into the rejection and see where it takes you. The only reason the same thing keeps happening is because you are creating it because you want to learn this lesson in this life but you are resisting. When you resist, it will happen again when the opportunity rises.

To blame karma is to play the victim. It's a way of telling yourself that you're not responsible. To exit the cycle look at what's happening in you, pay attention to the emotion. With enough time and observation, it will dissolve and you can be free of it.