Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 30-11-2019, 10:47 PM
Knower
Lama Tsongkhapa

I was told one of the best ways to reach enlightenment was to follow the teachings of Lama Tsongkhapa.

His teachings include prostrations and reciting mantras.

Some of his disciples back then did over 3 million prostrations in their life.

Are prostrations required for enlightenment?

I could do them, though I'm a little fat and it's hard. I also need to clean out my home of the stuff to make room, though won't be able to do that for another 6 months or so when my roommate moves out.

I do energy work, and usually sit in the appropriate vibration. Is that enough to stay in balance with my chakras and raise the Kundalini up through my crown? I mean let it raise naturally?
Old 30-11-2019, 11:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoGeminiWolf
I was told one of the best ways to reach enlightenment was to follow the teachings of Lama Tsongkhapa.

I could do them, though I'm a little fat and it's hard. I also need to clean out my home of the stuff to make room, though won't be able to do that for another 6 months or so when my roommate moves out.

I do energy work, and usually sit in the appropriate vibration. Is that enough to stay in balance with my chakras and raise the Kundalini up through my crown? I mean let it raise naturally?

I don’t really know, but I was curious to look at your post and contemplate your questions.

The ‘way’ you chose to open and become what you seek to become, is really about reasonation and connection that fits you. So it’s your choice and the path you chose to follow will bring to you exactly what you need, rather than what you think it will be.

I personally don’t relate to prostration, but I can see benefits in mantra from my own experience with it. I guess prostrations and mantra combined could open one to develop an awareness, through focus and repitition of what moves within you. It could well be a way to develop awareness, understanding of yourself as you are.

You shared your probably too fat to do prostrations and your space is a little overloaded to find the room. Perhaps both those things when addressed will naturally show and reveal the next step for you. You can actually practice them and see for yourself, how you feel, how it all feels and whether it’s the way for you..
Old 01-12-2019, 12:21 AM
Knower
I thought prostrations were about humility and possibly worship.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:40 AM
Master
Quote:
I thought prostrations were about humility and possibly worship.

That fits as I understand them, but It’s an experience of giving and prep for meditation. I think sometimes it’s part of ritual and veneration. But then it’s as you opened to show, a practice unto itself.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:33 PM
Master
Quote:

Research the term Ngöndro.

http://thubtenchodron.org/2009/09/cl...nriching-mind/
Old 03-08-2020, 04:36 PM
Suspended
Experiencer
New Biography

Best biography of Je Rinpoche, the Second Buddha!

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...thupten-jinpa/