Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 28-10-2019, 04:39 PM
Pathfinder

self-denial

One cannot change oneself – but one can realize oneself.

The notion of changing oneself is self-denial and most common in Dualism, because of its presumption, that the viewpoints which relate its manifestations, are having different time/space positions. A misconception that leads – due to the counter-dynamics of the (dualistic) R/P* fields – to the assumption that one could be different than one is, and that one state of existence is imperfect and another better – or at least: more advantageous.

There are more perverse ways of self-denial, like the Judaic/Christian concept of Homo being the crown of a creation whose aim it is, that he subjugates its manifestations – and thus himself.

Another currently popular self-denial is the Occidental evolution- and selection dogma; despite that it should lead, according to its own logic, to the realization that every man & woman is what he/she projects/reflects and that therefore no one can be elevated or put down, improve, worsen or otherwise be changed.

The in every R/P* system common (because most simple) manner of self-denial, is the causality concept, according to which a manifestation is either the cause, or the effect of another manifestation. A notion that not only undermines the self-response-ability of Homo, but makes him to a victim as well, even more so, when he tries to find causes for his existence and begins to reason it – and thus himself.

*Reflection/Projection (see "Another view of ConsciousNess" chapter 2)
Old 06-11-2019, 03:13 PM
MAYA EL

If you cant change in a world that is changing constantly then there is no point in being here
Old 06-11-2019, 04:33 PM
Pathfinder

I agree that to want to be different than one is is not healthy. Trying to change myself was something I did with great enthusiasm when I was younger, actually achieving some degree of success in becoming a more meditative individual.

I work with what I have now and ‘compromise’ is the operative word - compromising with my appetitive self and at the same time being very generous towards it.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:27 PM
Pathfinder

The Self in discussion is analogous to Atman.

Atman is a person’s true self, which is infused with or is entirely coterminous with the universal spirit of Brahman, thus lying beyond the phenomenal, changing reality we perceive. It is vaguely similar to the Western concept of the soul, as each person “possesses” or partakes of the atman, but it differs from a soul in that the atman is not entirely unique to an individual; some Hindus believe that all individual atman are joined to the separate and superior Brahman, while others believe that each individual atman is Brahman itself.

Yet one may change the frameworks that define & confine Oneself.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:06 PM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by waechter418
The Self in discussion is analogous to Atman.

Atman is a person’s true self, which is infused with or is entirely coterminous with the universal spirit of Brahman, thus lying beyond the phenomenal, changing reality we perceive. It is vaguely similar to the Western concept of the soul, as each person “possesses” or partakes of the atman, but it differs from a soul in that the atman is not entirely unique to an individual; some Hindus believe that all individual atman are joined to the separate and superior Brahman, while others believe that each individual atman is Brahman itself.

Yet one may change the frameworks that define & confine Oneself.

This is because the Atmon is the air we breath it is the atmosphere. In ancient times the air was considered God because a dead person's not breathing but a live person is if you choke someone they die but you let them breathe and they live there for God is air it is in all of us