Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 17-09-2011, 11:41 AM
illusion

Flashing Orbs, Columns of Light, White Mists

Would anyone like to share their experiences with orbs, columns of light, or white mists? What are they? Where do they come from? Why do you think they visit us?

I tend to see these in my bedroom a lot. I always smile and greet them as "Friend" but I have no idea what they really are. Guides? Relatives who have passed on? Something else?

Sometimes they flash or blink at me and seem to be picking up on or reacting to my thoughts. Does anyone know if this is how they communicate?

Turning over in bed I have occasionally put my face directly through one that I didn't know was floating there behind me, and seen a huge burst of white light in my eyes. Pretty strange.
Old 17-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Celtic Goddess

This is my favorite subject! Sometimes I see orbs, but I get them all the time on photos, especially around my house both inside and out. Usually, they are white in color however, I have seen purple and blues one. I've even gotten pics where you can see their movement (or what I like to call "orb trails") My favorite pic is one that my mom took of me--with a film camera--it was on an overcast April morning, with snowbanks, and just behind my right shoulder is a large white orb! Personally, I believe that they are angels...

By the way, there is a book on amazon that looks interesting called Orbs:Their Mission and Messages Of Hope.
Old 17-09-2011, 03:39 PM
mattie

Visiting?

It may be that ‘they’ aren’t visiting, but are here amongst us all the time.

Communication is telepathic.
Old 20-09-2011, 08:43 AM
illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Goddess
This is my favorite subject! Sometimes I see orbs, but I get them all the time on photos, especially around my house both inside and out. Usually, they are white in color however, I have seen purple and blues one. I've even gotten pics where you can see their movement (or what I like to call "orb trails") My favorite pic is one that my mom took of me--with a film camera--it was on an overcast April morning, with snowbanks, and just behind my right shoulder is a large white orb! Personally, I believe that they are angels...

By the way, there is a book on amazon that looks interesting called Orbs:Their Mission and Messages Of Hope.

That's interesting. I have never tried to take a photo of what I see, or had anything unusual show up in photos of other things around my house. It seems like the orbs that are following you are really attached to you personally. Do you have any relatives or friends that you were particularly close to, that have died?

My orbs and light visitors don't seem to be around all the time. It's more like they check in on me sometimes. Last year when I was struggling for a spiritual breakthrough of some kind, I had groups of orbs, very bright, hanging around my room for months. I kept trying to speak with them and be friendly, and try to find out what they wanted from me. finally one night I was so fed up with getting no answers (from the orbs, and from my fruitless spiritual searching) that i said something like "If you're not going to tell me what you want, then just leave me alone. Flying around my room all the time is not helping me."

LOL I'm embarrassed to write that, that was such a rude thing to say! Oh well, mentally that's where I was at the time, just totally confused and frustrated. A couple nights after I gave my "ultimatum", I saw the group of orbs come back, and then a bright column of light materialized next to them and drifted over to my bed, exactly like a person walking up to me. I felt a very distinct hand caress my hair and touch my shoulder. It felt so real, exactly like a physical person touching me, and was so comforting and loving. I fell asleep, and a couple hours later I woke up with insomnia. I went on the computer, and then out of the blue, having never really thought about it or been curious in any way, I just typed in "near death experiences". And started reading people's first-hand accounts. That opened my eyes to so much, I spent the night reading and weeping like a child at the beauty of what people were saying this life was really meant for.

I've thought about that experience a lot over the last year. I think the orbs were trying to get through to me and help me, but I was so dense and not getting it. They finally had to call in some back up. I wish I knew who or what that column of light was that touched me and allowed me to find the answers I needed, I owe him or her such a huge thank you. NDE research radically changed my life and my priorities, and gave me a piece of the puzzle that I was missing.

The orbs still visit me occasionally, but nothing like before. It's almost like they had a mission to help me, and now that they achieved that they've moved on.
Old 20-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Sangress

I always get woken up at night by huge white flashes of energy....it is so irritaiting. Luckily I've figured out the big all encompasing white flash is what happens when a spirit "leaves" the immediate vicinity (looks like a camera flash without a source)...so at least I can sleep afterward without feeling like I have stalkers watching me sleep.....*shudders*

I tend to just chuck a fit when I see orbs in my "territory" (aka - house/bedroom/bathroom) without my permission and they usually get out of my sight before I kick them out. I like my own personal space and I enjoy it when spirits actually ask to come into my house. . . so unless they are polite I won't converse with them.

I find that lots of orbs communicate via flashes and telepathy. I consider all the white mists...etc to be the energy of spirits in general (ghosts, guides and others) and the visual appearences of their auras.
Old 20-09-2011, 10:54 AM
illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
I always get woken up at night by huge white flashes of energy....it is so irritaiting. Luckily I've figured out the big all encompasing white flash is what happens when a spirit "leaves" the immediate vicinity (looks like a camera flash without a source)...so at least I can sleep afterward without feeling like I have stalkers watching me sleep.....*shudders*

I tend to just chuck a fit when I see orbs in my "territory" (aka - house/bedroom/bathroom) without my permission and they usually get out of my sight before I kick them out. I like my own personal space and I enjoy it when spirits actually ask to come into my house. . . so unless they are polite I won't converse with them.

I find that lots of orbs communicate via flashes and telepathy. I consider all the white mists...etc to be the energy of spirits in general (ghosts, guides and others) and the visual appearences of their auras.

heh, you kick out the orbs that come to you without asking, and I do that with the shadows that come to me. we're like book-ends, matched opposites.

actually I started this thread about light beings to balance the shadow/succubus one that you started. I have a kind of dual orientation with light and darkness, and tend to cultivate my connection with both. but I didn't want to spoil your thread with my unrelated experiences with orbs.

the flashes, I never knew what that was. what I've seen looks a little like a camera flash, but it doesn't light up the room. it seems to light up my vision, or maybe my entire mind, like an orb is actually passing right through my head. The flash maintains a round shape, but blocks out my vision. I guess that doesn't really make a lot of sense, it's difficult to describe it accurately. you could be right about the flash being a sign of a spirit exiting the room. after I experience a flash I usually find myself alone.
Old 20-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Sangress

Quote:
heh, you kick out the orbs that come to you without asking, and I do that with the shadows that come to me. we're like book-ends, matched opposites.

actually I started this thread about light beings to balance the shadow/succubus one that you started. I have a kind of dual orientation with light and darkness, and tend to cultivate my connection with both. but I didn't want to spoil your thread with my unrelated experiences with orbs.

the flashes, I never knew what that was. what I've seen looks a little like a camera flash, but it doesn't light up the room. it seems to light up my vision, or maybe my entire mind, like an orb is actually passing right through my head. The flash maintains a round shape, but blocks out my vision. I guess that doesn't really make a lot of sense, it's difficult to describe it accurately. you could be right about the flash being a sign of a spirit exiting the room. after I experience a flash I usually find myself alone.

I'm the opposite of heaps of people around here. Funny thing is this week about 8 people (two just randoms on the street) have reminded me of exactly the same thing you have now. Coincidence much?

I'm glad I somehow prompted you to make this post just to balance out the atmosphere. It could be usefull to me considering I don't really deal with this kind of thing unless I really have to, so the more info I pick up the more chance there is of me getting curious and actually learning something for a change.

And yeh, your description makes sense to me. From what I can tell the flash is like some kind of "shockwave" that sort of curls around things and bounces off them, so it might look like its coming out of your brain when it reaches you because your watching the "rebound" of the initial flash.....(half guessing here)

I only assume the flash is them leaving because I'm positive they aren't there after the flash (unless its some cloaking defense that makes them totally invisible...but I really doubt they can do that considering everything gives off some kind of hint as to where they are even if they are hiding.) I think the flash is a general spirit thing but more obvious at night since our vision is less focused in the darker hours.
Old 21-09-2011, 10:33 AM
illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
I'm the opposite of heaps of people around here. Funny thing is this week about 8 people (two just randoms on the street) have reminded me of exactly the same thing you have now. Coincidence much?

I'm glad I somehow prompted you to make this post just to balance out the atmosphere. It could be usefull to me considering I don't really deal with this kind of thing unless I really have to, so the more info I pick up the more chance there is of me getting curious and actually learning something for a change.

And yeh, your description makes sense to me. From what I can tell the flash is like some kind of "shockwave" that sort of curls around things and bounces off them, so it might look like its coming out of your brain when it reaches you because your watching the "rebound" of the initial flash.....(half guessing here)

I only assume the flash is them leaving because I'm positive they aren't there after the flash (unless its some cloaking defense that makes them totally invisible...but I really doubt they can do that considering everything gives off some kind of hint as to where they are even if they are hiding.) I think the flash is a general spirit thing but more obvious at night since our vision is less focused in the darker hours.

Opposing energies are the engine that drives growth and change. If everything in existence were always the same, there would never be a catalyst to move anything. From the little I've read here, I find your personal energy is very needed on this forum, and I've learned a lot from you. Although I wouldn't say you yourself are my literal opposite. I don't know you well enough to say anything of the sort. I've only picked up that some of our activities were balancing and opposing to each other, which I think is cool.

Eh. Probably if you hadn't started a shadow thread, I would have.

One thing I've wondered a lot about orbs, because they seem to be so common. Is that a "natural" shape for a spirit? Meaning if you aren't paying attention to your appearance and trying to mimic anything in particular, do you turn into an orb? It seems to be a natural shape in the universe anyway, if you think about planets and the way gravity affects matter. As above so below?

I like watching ghost hunting and paranormal t.v. shows, even if they are sort of goofy. But I've noticed they're always capturing orbs on camera whether the entity is friendly and benign, or trying to scratch them and chase them out. So maybe seeing an orb doesn't necessarily tell you anything about the intentions of the being one way or another.
Old 21-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Sangress

Quote:
One thing I've wondered a lot about orbs, because they seem to be so common. Is that a "natural" shape for a spirit? Meaning if you aren't paying attention to your appearance and trying to mimic anything in particular, do you turn into an orb? It seems to be a natural shape in the universe anyway, if you think about planets and the way gravity affects matter. As above so below?

From what I've witnessed spirits take the form of orbs for heaps of reasons, the least being a defensive "posture" if they are fearfull of something (basically making themsleves less obvious to unwelcome eyes, less of a target and more manouvering ability since orbs can move ridiculiously quickly if they want) also to conserve energy because it actually pulls in most of the aura which usually sheds excess amounts of energy, and as a way to take up less space because if lots of fully formed spirits were cooped up in a single old room then they'd all be up in eachothers personal space, which is actually really offensive to spirits. (As a side note, most spirits hate people walking through them.)

I've figured that the orbs that have a very bright glow (like flurescent red or white instead of dull and opaque) and a "tail" of energy behind them are in their true form, the rest have just set themselves up like that for convenience....(though I am probably wrong in some cases since that was a huuge generalisation.) I call the "real" orbs wisps or sprites just for convenience.

Oh, I've also found that spirits with little energy appear to be orbs, but in reality their forms have just fallen appart and left their inner core/soul (the orb looking thing) exposed (not a nice situation to be in, but usually spirits who get to that point are past caring anyway.) The only reason I've noticed that one is because I can see souls myself, so its easy for me to tell the orbs and souls appart.

So yeah....thats about all I got on that subject. It's still all a work in progress for me so take it with a grain of salt.
Old 24-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Celtic Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion
That's interesting. I have never tried to take a photo of what I see, or had anything unusual show up in photos of other things around my house. It seems like the orbs that are following you are really attached to you personally. Do you have any relatives or friends that you were particularly close to, that have died?

I believe that the orb behind my right shoulder is my spirit guide. Someone also suggested that it was one of my guardian angels.