Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 07-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Master
Well I find with meditation just doing it, is the thing. Its a great `fixer` of us, all we need to do is keep doing it regulalrly. It is the vehicle for the spiritual journey, and it enables us to be clearer `humans` too. and now im going to stop using ` `s cause I hate it when others do LOL.
Just keep doing it dawn, dont think too much. Try to stop the thinking by noticing when your mind moves away from the focus of your meditation and when it does, gently but firmly bring it back.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Bluegreen

I happened to be reading some of the Seth material (Jane Roberts) and one of the things he said about meditation was this:

"Meditation must be followed by action--and true meditation is action....it takes aggressive energy to send forth thoughts and feelings of peace. So your idea of aggression is completely wrong. Aggression is action, and the thoughts of peace radiated outward take aggression and joy and vitality."

Seth mentions peace as the subject of meditation but the focus could be anything of course.

For what it is worth. Food for thought perhaps?
Old 08-02-2012, 02:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn1976
Being a Christian for 8 years and recently expanding my horizons, I was always told horror stories about mediation and the kundalini. The stories always served as a warning for Christians not to do it.

BUT...

it seems as if most people here are doing it and nothing negative is coming out of it. Everyone here talks positive about it. I'm wondering if the stories I was told are even true now.

So I guess my question is this: Can someone meditate and open themselves up to bad things? Christian leaders and such always taught me the kundalini spirit was a demon spirit. But no one here says anything awful about it on this forum. I'm beginning to feel as if I was brainwashed.

Do you pray? That is meditation. You have indeed been brainwashed.

If you consider mental clarity, focus, discipline, stress relief, good heath, and spiritual fortitude to be bad things then by all means avoid meditation. The only negative experience I have heard of involving meditation is when people try to forcefully awaken their kundalini energy too soon. Personallly I never experienced this but apparently some do.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:38 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm hoping to awaken my semi-dormant abilities and bring out the psychic in me by meditating, but I've been going into meditation without a 'goal.'

The meditation isn't really a goal. It is to see the truth about yourself. That is a pure wholesome honest and truthful quest...

If 'dormant abilities' are there, they will become apparent as an aside, but the meditation is completely pure.

In Christian terms ... it's like allow God's love to come to you, and come to know yourself through pure honesty and trust in Him. (I ususlly don't speak in terms like that teehee).
Old 08-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
The only negative experience I have heard of involving meditation is when people try to forcefully awaken their kundalini energy too soon. Personallly I never experienced this but apparently some do.

That is what I'm afraid of, awakening my kundalini too soon. I want it to awaken on its own, so I'm assuming meditating is the way to do this. There are tons of videos on Youtube about chakra cleansing and grounding, and I figure I could do that too and still be 'safe.'
Old 08-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The meditation isn't really a goal. It is to see the truth about yourself. That is a pure wholesome honest and truthful quest...

If 'dormant abilities' are there, they will become apparent as an aside, but the meditation is completely pure.

In Christian terms ... it's like allow God's love to come to you, and come to know yourself through pure honesty and trust in Him. (I ususlly don't speak in terms like that teehee).

Yeah I was really too gung-ho these last few weeks cause I've ignored my spiritual gifts for so many years that I'm like 'come on out, let's get this thing going' (whatever this 'thing' is lol). And the end result is that I pushed open my third eye way too fast and not properly and was suffering with headaches for days, it was soooo bad it made me feel sick. I dispersed that energy evenly throughout my body and haven't really meditated too much since then, but no headaches at least.

Last night I was going to sleep and was focusing on my breathing, just to practice. And for a moment I started seeing those beautiful white energies that float around everywhere - so white and brilliant. Then they were gone.

Not afraid anymore, and not ignoring it anymore. I just smiled and closed my eyes and continued breathing and fell asleep.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Master
Quote:
That is what I'm afraid of, awakening my kundalini too soon. I want it to awaken on its own, so I'm assuming meditating is the way to do this. There are tons of videos on Youtube about chakra cleansing and grounding, and I figure I could do that too and still be 'safe.'

I have never heard of someone awakening their kundalini by mistake. I wouldn't let that idea stop you from exploring meditation. Also keep in mind that there are many different meditation techniques. If one is causing you trouble find another. You will find something that works for you.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
I have never heard of someone awakening their kundalini by mistake. I wouldn't let that idea stop you from exploring meditation. Also keep in mind that there are many different meditation techniques. If one is causing you trouble find another. You will find something that works for you.

Okay I will. There are so many techniques (on youtube) about awakening kundalini and I don't wanna specifically do that, I would rather just meditate for the sake of meditating, cleanse chakras, grounding, etc for my overall health and well-being, and if kundalini rises then it won't be because I forced it somehow.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Yeah I was really too gung-ho these last few weeks cause I've ignored my spiritual gifts for so many years that I'm like 'come on out, let's get this thing going' (whatever this 'thing' is lol). And the end result is that I pushed open my third eye way too fast and not properly and was suffering with headaches for days, it was soooo bad it made me feel sick. I dispersed that energy evenly throughout my body and haven't really meditated too much since then, but no headaches at least.

Last night I was going to sleep and was focusing on my breathing, just to practice. And for a moment I started seeing those beautiful white energies that float around everywhere - so white and brilliant. Then they were gone.

Not afraid anymore, and not ignoring it anymore. I just smiled and closed my eyes and continued breathing and fell asleep.

Hello Dawn,

I have a compiled series of exercises that may be of interest to you.
http://www.telepathyacademy.net/exer...win_flame.html

You will notice that they follow a very gradual sequence of exercises to accomplish your stated goal for the 3rd eye exercise.

This compilation is associated with the life of Jesus as outlined in these two "Anna" books.
http://www.lightrivermedia.com/

That $30 investment for both books will clarify many many things about your life experiences and your present journey.

If I can assist you in any way, please let me know.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 10-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello Dawn,

I have a compiled series of exercises that may be of interest to you.
http://www.telepathyacademy.net/exer...win_flame.html

You will notice that they follow a very gradual sequence of exercises to accomplish your stated goal for the 3rd eye exercise.

This compilation is associated with the life of Jesus as outlined in these two "Anna" books.
http://www.lightrivermedia.com/

That $30 investment for both books will clarify many many things about your life experiences and your present journey.

If I can assist you in any way, please let me know.

John

Thanks so much John I appreciate your help! Going to read over those exercises now.