Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 02-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Master
Oh

Try and pull energy from pure white light into your body.. then after filling up spread out 3 ft around you ..like an energy field.. do the mirror effect.. so if I was looking at you I would see me... You would look like a giant egg (LOL ..It works for me)..You would see silver looking out.. then seal top of head with silver from the love and light.

Some people have been known to burn a hole ..but hey holes can be fixed :)

All the best
Just my view..and way

:) x
Old 02-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Serenity Bear

It sounds to me that you over stretched your crown chakra. This will give you a pulling sensation, even a mild headache. If you havent closed the chakra down it could also mean your still receiving a lot more energy then you need.

I would close the chakra down (by thinking the word closed and focusing on that area), and then think of the word ground repeatedly and you should feel a heaviness in your feet.

If you still feel a bit spacey, press the tip of your tongue to where your gums and teeth meet at back of your front teeth.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:07 AM
tony_bandero

Grounding

Hi Kingfisher

I have also experienced extremely deep but ungrounded meditation and the effect was blissful, terrifying and profound. I spoke to my teacher at the time (who is a Buddhist monk) and she said that I was not grounded.

The way you do this is that during meditation, you have a choice of supports. Usually, this is returning to the breath once we notice that our thinking mind has become active. I became very good at mindfulness of sight as my mediation target during exercise -this is a particularly powerful focus for me.

To cut a long story short, I lost all sensation of thought and was left with sounds and vision and feelings appearing and disappearing as the 'watcher' moved its attention though my senses. 'I' could not identify with this watcher, so had the strong sensation of not existing any more and also that as there was no 'me' I was left with just external reality, which appeared paper-thin and quite ridiculous. I felt bliss, laughed a lot and then panicked as I became more and more over-excited. This non-reality feeling then triggered an instinctive fear of death and it all became too much... :)

Instead she said I should spend more time being mindful of the sensation of my body i.e. the pressure on the body as it comes in contact with the ground and other parts of our body in supporting our weight; this is particularly relaxing and allows you to 'sink', with each out-breath into a very peaceful state. This has the effect of situating you awareness within something very solid - your body and the mass of it, giving you a feeling of tangible self-reality.

This removes the panicky effect caused by realizing we exist in a 'non-reality' of a pure sensorium: blissful, but very strange and can cause panic until you are used to its nature. Otherwise, the feelings you can have afterwards are of profound psychological shock - something you seem to have already described.

If you want a good audio meditation on this I have one called Settling-Grounding-Resting-Support. (SGRS)

Tony Bandero
Old 12-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfisher3210
Hello to all beings,

I am meditating seriously for last few months. Before that i used to meditate on and off for 3 years.

Today morning, i had my deepest meditation experience where i felt connected to one source and heat and energy flowing through my body. After meditation i smiled and felt great ..It was an unbelievable pleasure during and after meditation.

Since morning, there is a sensation and dumbness on the top of my head..It is evening here in Asia where i live..so for last 12 hours after meditation i am having this sensation and dumbness on the top of my head. It is a strange feeling which i never had.

I have read about kundalini..looks to me chakras are opening up.

But i am scared...i typed on Google side effects of meditation and some people are saying not to go in deep meditation as it messes up brain circuit.

Please help me..this is a crucial moment in my spiritual journey

Thanks in advance for to everyone for the feedback.

It's very common that sensations start to happen on the top of the head... so there's nothing to worry about at all.

Actually, you felt great, so why problem?
Old 12-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Master
kingfisher... This is my approach when I experience something uncomfortable from meditation or energy work... and anything new may give us discomfort for a little while.

Rather than trying to ground myself and get away from the crown chakra opening, or what ever is going on...

I breathe down in my belly and let go into, rather than resisting, the sensations.

In fact, struggling against them will only make them more intense.

By accepting them the natural process of energies opening and flowing goes unhindered by my mind's ideas and fears.

In other words, like I have you can learn to trust what you experience in your spiritual awakening, breathe with it and just let it all be.

Xan

btw... This is not necessarily kundalini awakening, which generally starts at the root chakra and moves up. Otherwise chakras often open out of order.
`

Old 13-02-2012, 05:54 AM
Master
I meditated for a while and when the mind began to be more sensitive and shaper perceptive I began to feel new sensations, quite similar to your description.

I also was subject to kandalini and chakra based stories, but I didn't pay heed to any of it... I just took the actual experience itself and considered it to be unique to me because the sensations are not the imaginary things invoked by peoples stories, they are only what they feel like.

In the OP's case, some sensations occured and were not at all painful frightening or in any way disturbing, so the experience itself was not at all problematic.

Then ... the stuff was read on the internet and the imagination is going off tap into weird things and horror stories ... and frightening this person.

The experience itself is what it is and is also warming and wonderful.

The stuff people say is imaginary **** that invokes fear.

Go with the truth of the sensations and feelings.
Old 13-02-2012, 06:28 AM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I meditated for a while and when the mind began to be more sensitive and shaper perceptive I began to feel new sensations, quite similar to your description.

I also was subject to kandalini and chakra based stories, but I didn't pay heed to any of it... I just took the actual experience itself and considered it to be unique to me because the sensations are not the imaginary things invoked by peoples stories, they are only what they feel like.

In the OP's case, some sensations occured and were not at all painful frightening or in any way disturbing, so the experience itself was not at all problematic.

Then ... the stuff was read on the internet and the imagination is going off tap into weird things and horror stories ... and frightening this person.

The experience itself is what it is and is also warming and wonderful.

The stuff people say is imaginary **** that invokes fear.

Go with the truth of the sensations and feelings.

^^ Agreed.

There is no reason to feel alarmed. Try simply exhaling completely a few times, and then eating something grounding like potatoes.

I just reread my comment re potatoes and started to laugh. But it seriously helps to ground yourself with food!
Old 13-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfisher3210
Hello to all beings,

I am meditating seriously for last few months. Before that i used to meditate on and off for 3 years.

Today morning, i had my deepest meditation experience where i felt connected to one source and heat and energy flowing through my body. After meditation i smiled and felt great ..It was an unbelievable pleasure during and after meditation.

Since morning, there is a sensation and dumbness on the top of my head..It is evening here in Asia where i live..so for last 12 hours after meditation i am having this sensation and dumbness on the top of my head. It is a strange feeling which i never had.

I have read about kundalini..looks to me chakras are opening up.

But i am scared...i typed on Google side effects of meditation and some people are saying not to go in deep meditation as it messes up brain circuit.

Please help me..this is a crucial moment in my spiritual journey

Thanks in advance for to everyone for the feedback.

Do not worry! This is not a kundalini awakening. You have accessed your seventh chakra, which is trying to open in response. The numbness is a block that is keeping your chakra from opening. What you experienced was likely an energetic download that was only partially received due to the blockage. I have been through a couple and they can be intense.
Old 13-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Hi.

I think to read too many theories and what not can confuse the issues, and how I read it was youhad a deep meditation and came back with sensations in the top of head... and it all felt great.

After that you study and everything works fine.

I have sensations all over my crown all the time which can be a little intense but does not interfere with any daily activity, and I don't read kandalini horror stories so I never feel alarmed about it.

I think balance out meditation and physical activity and mental study and just relax and enjoy and don't believe the nonsense you read.

Yes those Horror stories...we would all have a beautiful experience without them : )
Old 13-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Master
For sure, some people get more afraid from reading the horror stories.

On the other hand some fears are relieved by learning that these odd feelings are natural in spiritual awakening.

Xan