Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 27-02-2012, 03:09 AM
Scottmana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
On separate occasions I have seen things change their appearance right before my eyes...now either I am hallucinating (not saying I am or I'm not) or it really happened.

Is it possible to change the physical appearance of something based on what Scientist have discovered through Quantum Physics? (Answers in simple English please : )
You know, the answer is yes. Have you ever looked at something, established what it was, then looked at it again later (perhaps from a different point of view) and it looked different? It is not always just you that changes. The object can change at an atomic level too. And that is a fact we already know. Just how much change can occur may be in dispute, but should never be under estimated.
Old 27-02-2012, 03:42 AM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmana
You know, the answer is yes. Have you ever looked at something, established what it was, then looked at it again later (perhaps from a different point of view) and it looked different? It is not always just you that changes. The object can change at an atomic level too. And that is a fact we already know. Just how much change can occur may be in dispute, but should never be under estimated.

Yes I have experienced that. I did not want to go into detail about the things I experienced, but some times they change as I look at them.
Old 27-02-2012, 04:53 AM
Master
Maybe this isn't the best thread for this, but it's the first one I thought of.

I read in an NDE story today: "I still feel that we know about as much about reality as a tadpole knows about world geography. "

Xan

Old 27-02-2012, 06:43 AM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Maybe this isn't the best thread for this, but it's the first one I thought of.

I read in an NDE story today: "I still feel that we know about as much about reality as a tadpole knows about world geography. "

Xan

And that is true. I am not closing hallucination out as a possibility but it could also be that we are truly the creators of the physical realm and that what we see is not a solid thing as it appears to be.
Old 27-02-2012, 06:48 AM
Neville

Quote:
and that what we see is not a solid thing as it appears to be.

I would suppose that it also becomes much more plausible when we accept that everything is in a state of transformation in perpetuity. ie Nothing stays the same,

x
Old 27-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
Hey Gem! No matter what changed.....something changed due to changing who observed it. Right?

The device used to detect the particle effected the experiment by changing the particle's fundamental property in that it first behaved as a wave, and consequently behaved as a corpuscle.

In later years, a lot of the wave/particle duality problems were resolved, but it's a little bit 'strange' (as physicists call it).
Old 27-02-2012, 01:20 PM
SpiralNature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The device used to detect the particle effected the experiment by changing the particle's fundamental property in that it first behaved as a wave, and consequently behaved as a corpuscle.

In later years, a lot of the wave/particle duality problems were resolved, but it's a little bit 'strange' (as physicists call it).

Schroddy's wave equation is horrendous!

The definition of QM is that the universe depends on highly accurate and precise mathmatics, using this framework the out come of the future can be deduced, but not which one will occur.

effectively, the universe is in a state of movement and ones own experiences effect what you decifer as the universe. The double slit experiment is a great place to start with QM
Old 27-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralNature
Schroddy's wave equation is horrendous!

The definition of QM is that the universe depends on highly accurate and precise mathmatics, using this framework the out come of the future can be deduced, but not which one will occur.

effectively, the universe is in a state of movement and ones own experiences effect what you decifer as the universe. The double slit experiment is a great place to start with QM

Heh... the double slit is cool, because it;s the simplest thing out, but it's not as it first appears.

Schrodinger's cat is probably the best thought experiment, which describes the fundamental particle, thus the nature of nature. teehee.

Raaawwwr.
Old 27-02-2012, 01:32 PM
SpiralNature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Heh... the double slit is cool, because it;s the simplest thing out, but it's not as it first appears.

Schrodinger's cat is probably the best thought experiment, which describes the fundamental particle, thus the nature of nature. teehee.

Raaawwwr.

Ironically I have a 2 hour lecture on QM at 2pm, its interesting but i tell you, the equations and derivations are the worst i've ever seen

I agree, its such a brilliant experiment! he's a genius for conceiving the idea.QM is some crazy stuff
Old 27-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralNature
Ironically I have a 2 hour lecture on QM at 2pm, its interesting but i tell you, the equations and derivations are the worst i've ever seen

I agree, its such a brilliant experiment! he's a genius for conceiving the idea.QM is some crazy stuff

It's very strange stuff, coz the solution Feynman had for the wave particle duality of light was like a little spinning line, so it just makes no sense, yet it works (probably), though no-one knows why.