Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 20-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Seeker

Benefits of Developing One's Own Tarot Deck

I was just reading several blog posts about Seth Styles' tarot art which coincides with a discussion I had with a friend over the weekend about people who create their own tarot decks. I learned about tarot using the Mythic Tarot primarily and so I've adapted to recognize the symbolism in those cards. I was curious if, taking this into account, there could be further benefits to developing one's own deck or if it's simply a means to connect to more familiar symbols?
Old 19-03-2017, 11:28 PM
Experiencer
Hi CharonArcana I often think about this also, wouldn't be wonderful to put your own tarot deck together :) I cannot draw or paint but I am a poet :) I would love to try and put my own unique messages together :) you should post this thread in the tarot section of the forum under Divination, you might get more feed back there :)
Old 05-04-2017, 10:53 PM
Guide

you offer your own interpretation to the cards.
you can make it as simple or full of symbols as you see fit.
you can make some money if people want to buy it [and some will]
you improve your own readings.
you can work with concepts you understand best.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:59 AM
Seeker
Oh my goodness. This is a really good idea!! I've seen people on tumblr draw these for aesthetic purposes, but to actually put heart and soul and research into these and create a one of a kind and personal deck... It seems like something up my alley! I've seen a ton of special versions and many alternate types so I do believe they would work just fine!! Not only would it look gorgeous but be a powerful tool as well! I'm...not actually insightful with tarots. I like them occasionally but ultimately it feels stale because it's not my symbolism or words of encouragement. I would obviously look DEEP into them and check out the many variations before diving in.