Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 07-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarNumber
Have any of you read Conversations with God about a man who supposedly had a conversation with God via automatic writing. He said that God was all there was. So he split himself to develop a different perspective. Then He created the physical universe so that He could experience himself. He was all knowing but not all experiencing. So we are bits of God made flesh. So.everything is a part of God, including this tablet I am typing on and this house I sit in.

My problem with religions is they all.think ONLY their religion is true and many are willing to kill anyone who says differently--all in the name of God.

I think there are truths in most religions but in formalizing the religion and in naming themselves as the only true religion, they have become corrupted. So I stay away from religions.

Which religions kill people who don't agree with their beliefs ?
Old 08-11-2015, 12:47 AM
Master

Quote:
My problem with religions is they all.think ONLY their religion is true and many are willing to kill anyone who says differently--all in the name of God.

I think there are truths in most religions but in formalizing the religion and in naming themselves as the only true religion, they have become corrupted. So I stay away from religions.
I think the founders of the different religions were all very peaceful and non-violent persons.
It's the followers who don't live according to the original teachings.

So, for me, I like to read about the views of the different religions.
I will never join organized religious institutions though.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:58 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Which religions kill people who don't agree with their beliefs ?
Have you ever heard of the Crusades? Or the wars in England and Ireland between the Catholics and the Protestants?

IMO all religions, no matter how good the intentions of the original founders might have been, become corrupted. Look at all the editing done on the bible itself during the 3rd century to leave out parts of the bible they did not want the public to see? They might have said it was to avoid confusion or it might be because it was the political thing to do at the time. Still, they edited the bible and made it less than it was.

I too like to read about different points of views of different religions. I think there could be something of value in most of them, something that I could believe in, but I just stay away from the religious organizations themselves.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Have you ever heard of the Crusades? Or the wars in England and Ireland between the Catholics and the iProtestants?

IMO all religions, no matter how good the intentions of the original founders might have been, become corrupted. Look at all the editing done on the bible itself during the 3rd century to leave out parts of the bible they did not want the public to see? They might have said it was to avoid confusion or it might be because it was the political thing to do at the time. Still, they edited the bible and made it less than it was.

I too like to read about different points of views of different religions. I think there could be something of value in most of them, something that I could believe in, but I just stay away from the religious organizations themselves.

Yes of course I have heard of all you mentioned above but I would question again " which religion " causes wars ?
Old 10-11-2015, 11:47 PM
Seeker
Sky123, I am not sure if you are arguing semantics or what. ANY religion that thinks it is the only true religion can have followers that will declare war in the name of their religion, their prophet, their God. Christians declared war in the Crusades, Protestants and Catholics declared war on each other in Ireland and England. Radical followers of Islam are declaring war on the "infidels" who do not respect them or their prophet or their God. There are many examples of people who follow religions that declare war.

If people accepted other people NOT believing in their religion, their prophet, their God, then religion would not be a reason for war at all.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Sky123, I am not sure if you are arguing semantics or what. ANY religion that thinks it is the only true religion can have followers that will declare war in the name of their religion, their prophet, their God. Christians declared war in the Crusades, Protestants and Catholics declared war on each other in Ireland and England. Radical followers of Islam are declaring war on the "infidels" who do not respect them or their prophet or their God. There are many examples of people who follow religions that declare war.

If people accepted other people NOT believing in their religion, their prophet, their God, then religion would not be a reason for war at all.

No argument

I just don't agree with the idea that most wars/killings are caused by religion, but some are in the name of religion.

In the " encyclopedia of wars " you can see the statistics of documented warfare, out of 1,763 only 123 involved religion.

It's a easy excuse by some to blame religion but it's a misconception.
Old 13-11-2015, 05:32 PM
Seeker
I would not say that MOST wars are caused by religion. Perhaps I would say that MOST religions who think their way is the only right way do end up creating wars.

There are lots of other reasons for starting wars: battling for power or resources such as water, oil, land.

But religions that are inflexible about their truths being the only truths and others are evil if they don't agree can cause its followers to attack the unbelievers.

It just bothers me that an institution which professes to know God could actually create followers who would do such un-God-like things like war. That is why I stay away from organized religions and take ideas from various religions to form my own view of God, Goddess, and the heavens and the earth. Just saying...
Old 07-12-2015, 10:40 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
It just bothers me that an institution which professes to know God could actually create followers who would do such un-God-like things like war. That is why I stay away from organized religions and take ideas from various religions to form my own view of God, Goddess, and the heavens and the earth. Just saying...
Same here. And I doubt Jesus or Mohammed would have wanted these wars.
I also don't think that what most people call "GOD" in lack of a better name is male or female, but beyond such human limitations. An ultimate creative, positive energy (again: in lack of better words) wouldn't separate by gender. Neither would they separate by nationality, your chosen organized faith or other puny human ideas. When you compare different religions you always come back to all-encompassing love, compassion and tolerance.
And somehow I doubt "GOD" (or whatever you call the ultimate power of good and creation) would care how you call them.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:02 AM
Pathfinder

The One God has three other names.

One is life.
Another is self.
And the final is void.

God the One Mind is neither light nor darkness.
It lies beyond positivity or negativity, good and evil.

It does not act, for it is omnipotent.
It does not think, for all is known.
It is everywhere, and thus, it does not exist.

It is nothing worth worship.
It is nothing worth to curse.

It is nothing to fear, nothing to hate,
but also nothing to ignore.

It gave birth to pain and pleasure
but is itself neither.

It is meaningless to speak of it,
meaningless not to speak of it.
In the face of Eternity which is God's abode,
meaninglessness itself loses meaning.

It is the eternal mystery, and yet
it is our eternal home.

Our minds will never understand it.
Our bodies forever express it.
Our hearts will never escape it.

For ultimately, we never want to.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonolil
The One God has three other names.

One is life.
Another is self.
And the final is void.

God the One Mind is neither light nor darkness.
It lies beyond positivity or negativity, good and evil.

It does not act, for it is omnipotent.
It does not think, for all is known.
It is everywhere, and thus, it does not exist.
I
It is nothing worth worship.
It is nothing worth to curse.

It is nothing to fear, nothing to hate,
but also nothing to ignore.

It gave birth to pain and pleasure
but is itself neither.

It is meaningless to speak of it,
meaningless not to speak of it.
In the face of Eternity which is God's abode,
meaninglessness itself loses meaning.

It is the eternal mystery, and yet