Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 06-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Fireflies

I always thought there was no such thing as "love at first sight" - to me it seemed that it was a misconception of "lust at first sight". Of course, that was until I experienced it myself, and it is a very strange sensation, unlike anything else in this world. To me, it was first of all a sense of recognition - I felt I've already lived a lifetime or two with this person and knew everything about him. And there was no "in love" stage in this, just pure love right from the beginning. Which is very hard to describe to anyone who hasn't really been through the experience. I've been in love before, but never like this - the difference is just immense.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopusonpaper
Not sure if its love at first sight, or a really strong TF urge to run!

When I saw her walking towards me, I felt physically sick and wanted to hide. I was waiting to be interviewed and had no idea if she was the interviewer, but all I kept thinking was 'please not her, please not her'.

By the time she got to the doors, it was too late for me to hide in the toilets until I got the other interviewer (there were two).

She ended up being my tutor, and yes, I fell in love. Love at first sight? More like... beam me up Scotty, get me outta here!

Haha, 'run at first sight', haven't experienced that one before!
Old 06-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireflies
I always thought there was no such thing as "love at first sight" - to me it seemed that it was a misconception of "lust at first sight". Of course, that was until I experienced it myself, and it is a very strange sensation, unlike anything else in this world. To me, it was first of all a sense of recognition - I felt I've already lived a lifetime or two with this person and knew everything about him. And there was no "in love" stage in this, just pure love right from the beginning. Which is very hard to describe to anyone who hasn't really been through the experience. I've been in love before, but never like this - the difference is just immense.

Sounds like a soulmate or a twin :)
Old 06-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Fireflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Sounds like a soulmate or a twin :)

Indeed... :) I'm sure the person is my Twin. Just too many signs that point out to that, along with completely life-changing experiences that we brought into each other's lives. I won't go into details since I already poured my heart out in my own thread, but, in a word - yes, love at first sight does exist for some people. But I do fully understand those who don't believe in it - admittedly, the whole concept is a little difficult to grasp if you've never been through it and then it mostly sounds like some stupid romantic gibberish.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:34 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Indeed... :) I'm sure the person is my Twin. Just too many signs that point out to that, along with completely life-changing experiences that we brought into each other's lives. I won't go into details since I already poured my heart out in my own thread, but, in a word - yes, love at first sight does exist for some people. But I do fully understand those who don't believe in it - admittedly, the whole concept is a little difficult to grasp if you've never been through it and then it mostly sounds like some stupid romantic gibberish.

So you met him in real life first? That must have been intense!

I believe in it.. after the things I've been through it's kinda hard not to have an open mind about everything haha. I believe that if you can dream of it then it probably exists!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Master

Maybe all the time... just never with a person except my daughter...oxytocin and biology played a big part in that though lol.
Usually I experiance a lot of food love... love at first bite...or I see something beautiful... like some part of our planet which I connect with... particulary scenes of red dirt roads in warm and sunny places haha... I dunno... it all feels the same to me haha...its all that heart charkra stuff.

Other than that... no...occasionally I 'recognise at first sight'...
I know a few others who are with their soulmates who experienced it though... so it must occasionally happen.

I've always sort of had a 'gradual realisation of love'...after the gradual realisation sets in... the love bus hits me at 110km/hour.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:29 PM
Fireflies

Quote:
So you met him in real life first?

I did, and it was a very strange experience. First of all, I had a dream of him even before we met. Then we actually met, spent maybe 10 seconds together and after that haven't seen each other for a year. But I will surely never forget that first time I saw him; actually, even seeing him in a dream was some sort of a shock. This meeting and recognition was surely something that changed my life completely, made me believe in miracles and taught me a lot of lessons - and the very same applies to him too. The greatest lesson is the one I'm learning right now - the one of "letting go" and unconditional love, because we'll never be a couple in the full sense of the word and that is something I have to deal with.

I'm glad to read you have an open mind and believe in it - it's a truly beautiful thing to believe in :) A warm hug to you
Old 06-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
I did, and it was a very strange experience. First of all, I had a dream of him even before we met. Then we actually met, spent maybe 10 seconds together and after that haven't seen each other for a year. But I will surely never forget that first time I saw him; actually, even seeing him in a dream was some sort of a shock. This meeting and recognition was surely something that changed my life completely, made me believe in miracles and taught me a lot of lessons - and the very same applies to him too. The greatest lesson is the one I'm learning right now - the one of "letting go" and unconditional love, because we'll never be a couple in the full sense of the word and that is something I have to deal with.

I'm glad to read you have an open mind and believe in it - it's a truly beautiful thing to believe in :) A warm hug to you

Wow.. ten seconds.. that's crazy.. but I totally believe you!!

Do you think you'll meet him again?
Old 07-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Fireflies

Quote:
Wow.. ten seconds.. that's crazy.. but I totally believe you!!

Do you think you'll meet him again?

Oh, I'm so sorry for making this unclear by not finishing the thought - we did meet after those 10 seconds and a year's break. We are still in touch despite things being really shaky and confusing at this point. My whole story can be found in the Soulmates and Twin Flames section of the forum - it is still on the first page, titled "Lost and in need of help" (sorry I can't just drop a link - the site still doesn't allow that to me for some reason).
Old 07-07-2014, 08:08 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Oh, I'm so sorry for making this unclear by not finishing the thought - we did meet after those 10 seconds and a year's break. We are still in touch despite things being really shaky and confusing at this point. My whole story can be found in the Soulmates and Twin Flames section of the forum - it is still on the first page, titled "Lost and in need of help" (sorry I can't just drop a link - the site still doesn't allow that to me for some reason).

Aahh okay I'll check it out :)