Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 29-06-2016, 06:44 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Please read it and tell me what you think. Thanks.
This was interesting. I'm not surprised since there is so much about our bodies that we're currently just learning.

In terms of what happens within our bodies shortly after we die I found two other web pages that covered this from differing angles.

10 Bodily Functions That Continue After Death
Each is explained in more detail on the page.
http://io9.gizmodo.com/5862418/10-bo...ue-after-death

10. Nail and hair growth (by technicality)
9. Brain activity (with drugs)
8. Skin cell growth
7. Peeing
6. Pooing
5. Digestion
4. Erections and Ejaculation
3. Muscle movement
2. Vocalization
1. Giving birth

And this one, which is far more comprehensive:

This is what happens after you die
http://mosaicscience.com/story/what-...-after-you-die

Far from being ‘dead’, a rotting corpse is teeming with life. A growing number of scientists view a rotting corpse as the cornerstone of a vast and complex ecosystem, which emerges soon after death and flourishes and evolves as decomposition proceeds.
Old 30-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator
Utterly fascinating. Thanks Necromancer. We are discovering new things all the time.

My take on the higher incidences of cancer in transplant paients however, stays with what I thought before. The immune-suppressant drugs, although they do a wonderful job of stopping organ rejection, completely mess up the system's basic integrity. It's because of the sound function of the immune system that most of us here have not already passed away from cancer.
But of course we are always discovering new things so there could be other contributing factors.

The ideas about why these genes 'wake up' after death seem to make sense.

But wow.... Thanks for this post!
Old 30-06-2016, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
This was interesting. I'm not surprised since there is so much about our bodies that we're currently just learning.

In terms of what happens within our bodies shortly after we die I found two other web pages that covered this from differing angles.

10 Bodily Functions That Continue After Death
Each is explained in more detail on the page.
http://io9.gizmodo.com/5862418/10-bo...ue-after-death

10. Nail and hair growth (by technicality)
9. Brain activity (with drugs)
8. Skin cell growth
7. Peeing
6. Pooing
5. Digestion
4. Erections and Ejaculation
3. Muscle movement
2. Vocalization
1. Giving birth

And this one, which is far more comprehensive:

This is what happens after you die
http://mosaicscience.com/story/what-...-after-you-die

Far from being ‘dead’, a rotting corpse is teeming with life. A growing number of scientists view a rotting corpse as the cornerstone of a vast and complex ecosystem, which emerges soon after death and flourishes and evolves as decomposition proceeds.

I definitely want to be dealt with as simply as possible after death, and buried in the earth in a cardboard coffin. I would very much like the bits I left behind to create their own ecosystem in my absence! I am fond of the earthy ways of Earth.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:18 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I definitely want to be dealt with as simply as possible after death, and buried in the earth in a cardboard coffin. I would very much like the bits I left behind to create their own ecosystem in my absence! I am fond of the earthy ways of Earth.
Whats cool about this is that by making our bodies available to the natural rhythms after death we really wouldn't be doing that much different than we are currently doing on a daily basis already.

We tend to think ourselves separate from nature because we don't see the details that's going on within us.. as a continual constant. We already host a massive ecosystem, both on us and in us, that we simply couldn't live without. Were we to bury ourselves in a coffin, that separates us from the "world outside", then this would be the first time that we were bodily removed from the complexity of this comprehensive biological communication.

My preference would be to set camp in a number of places (there's too many cool locations that I wouldn't mind being as my last exposure to this lifetime :) and to gently move-on as the clock clicks it's last moment.. and from there to bodily return, back into the warm embrace of mother earth.

This would close out a cycle that had been profoundly underway, since this physical living-spark was ignited, via that mystical-moment of our bodies conception. :)
Old 01-07-2016, 04:27 PM
Master

Don't lose sight that this research was carried out on animals and fish, and the subsequent conclusions, whilst also applying to humans, are applicable to the Animal Kingdom.
It raises some profound moral and ethical issues.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 01-07-2016, 07:03 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Don't lose sight that this research was carried out on animals and fish, and the subsequent conclusions, whilst also applying to humans, are applicable to the Animal Kingdom.
It raises some profound moral and ethical issues.
All of which I'm certain would reflect whatever view it is that you're selling.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Master

Quote:
All of which I'm certain would reflect whatever view it is that you're selling.

The facts.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:56 PM
Ascender
Quote:
The facts.
I don't believe I've ever met anyone who was in the act of selling an idea who didn't also use the word "facts", irregardless of the issue.

So are you fishing? You just bounced-in and blurted out "vegan". Out of the 20,000 or so posts that you've posted on this forum so far, roughly what percent of those posts were focused on this subject of vegan and the stuff that goes with it? I'm assuming that you're fishing for something?
Old 01-07-2016, 11:06 PM
Master

Quote:
I don't believe I've ever met anyone who was in the act of selling an idea who didn't also use the word "facts", irregardless of the issue.

So are you fishing? You just bounced-in and blurted out "vegan". Out of the 20,000 or so posts that you've posted on this forum so far, roughly what percent of those posts were focused on this subject of vegan and the stuff that goes with it? I'm assuming that you're fishing for something?

Have you read the link in the first post????

You seem to have a morbid interest with dead bodies and mortuaries. That is your own business. If and when they do a follow-up study on human cells after death, you will be in your element.
But the study involved animals and fish, which has potentially far-reaching moral and ethical consequences.

I've nothing further to add to what I've already said.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:25 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Have you read the link in the first post????

You seem to have a morbid interest with dead bodies and mortuaries. That is your own business. If and when they do a follow-up study on human cells after death, you will be in your element.
Pretty snarky on your part. For someone who calls themselves vegan you sure seam to like your raw meat! :)

Quote:
But the study involved animals and fish, which has potentially far-reaching moral and ethical consequences
I've nothing further to add to what I've already said.
You really didn't say much of anything, but okay. I suspect it would have been all preachy anyway. :)