Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 15-06-2016, 05:00 PM
Ascender

Human Beings Are Not Solid - We Are Empty Space!!

Its quite astounding to consider that every atom in your body is 99.9% (probably even higher) empty space so therefore YOU are basically empty space. I read that you could fit the solid matter of a human being, once all the space is removed, on the head of a pin!!

Not only that, if you took all the 7.4 Billion people on the planet and removed all that empty space, GET THIS, the solid matter left would be the size of ONE SUGARCUBE!! 7 Billion human beings into a single cube the size of a rolling dice

Its one of the most amazing facts I ever came across and one of the things that for me most supports the existence of a non physical us that survives death. We aren't even physical to start with?!

How can the death and decomposition of that 0.01% or less part of us, possibly result in our extinction? The rest of us must continue to exist albeit not in the same form nor necessarily in the same space/time.

Is that empty space, the elusive property that we know as Consciousness?? It must be at least some form of energy?

Also all matter must be subject to that same rule, nothing can really be solid, in fact can anything be REAL in the way we understand it?!

To quote the excellent Julia Assante book
"The matter on the head of the pin is the difference between the Living and The Dead"

Im looking forward to thoughts on this, I generally focus on the Death & Afterlife forum and its a shame some of the people that seem exclusive to the Science forum don't visit it so much. Really enjoy Organic Born's posts so I'll be very interested in this..
Old 17-06-2016, 02:34 AM
Ascender
Just when I was about convinced that I wasn't right for this forum you come along with an observation that's right down my alley. Thank you metal68! :)

You are of course correct. I ran into knowing this, in a most visceral and direct way, when I was about 12 years old, and then had it majorly reinforced in my later teens. There is no solid matter! We are literately adrift in a sea of energy. Our bodies are energy, the mountains are energy, the oceans are energy, and the cat resting by the window is all energy as well. This energy is shaped by "whatever?", and that whatever is fairly consistent and well structured.

We still have to take this experience of solid matter as serious as serious is serious, for whatever reason we are here in a shape that requires our serious attention. But it isn't real in the manor in which we think "real" to be.

I've always been fascinated by the fact that I have, along the way, done much of what we're capable of doing while awake, in lucid dreams. The dream state may well be as every bit as "real", in it's own way, as the physical state that we now take as an absolute solid.

My focus over the last decade or so has been to tune into such awareness as my primary means of interpreting the spiritual. I was an idea-collector for many years before that, thinking that this would be the path to the inner knowing that I'd been experiencing in both my dream and waking state. But it finally became clear that the pathway to such knowing is much more direct than any attempt to surround it with "thought" would produce.

There's more that can be said but I'll leave it at this for the moment. I was drawn by your excitement over the deep realization that we are indeed a very vivid illusion. It's been my experience that such an appreciation is really where "spirituality" begins. :)
Old 17-06-2016, 02:44 AM
Gracey

I had a dream about 2 weeks ago where I traveled to a different dimension and physical matter was not as dense. It was more fluid like and didn't fall apart if you were to place your arm through another object. So, I have been doing research and just got done reading this article:

http://mesacreativearts.com/html/what_is_energy.html
Old 17-06-2016, 05:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Its quite astounding to consider that every atom in your body is 99.9% (probably even higher) empty space so therefore YOU are basically empty space.
Its NOT empty, it has energy fields.
Old 17-06-2016, 07:52 AM
Master

Unfortunately the matter you have left on the head of a pin in the OP is certainly a stumbling block...
Old 17-06-2016, 09:25 AM
Master
We are as solid as anything around us.

This 'empty space' theory may be good and all - I spent a lot of my childhood trying to walk through walls, after eventually asking 'why can't Necro walk through walls like you guys do...we're all energy, right? you said so, right?'

...and got told it had something to do with covalent bonding between sub-atomic particles...so I was like 'mmmokay yup...makes sense.'

I've tried to turn Einstein's equation on it's head by using Mass as the constant - didn't get me far.

I've tried to understand how light can produce energy which in turn produces matter...didn't get me far.

In the end, I just went 'ah well, I'm as 'real' as everything else is then'.
Old 17-06-2016, 06:56 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Its NOT empty, it has energy fields.

Oh yeah, I had assumed that

Is it in that energy, that our true selves reside??

Even if I rephrase as 99.9% of us is pure energy and only 0.01% of us is solid matter, its still extraordinary!! And the sugar cube analogy would still stand for the billions of us.
Old 17-06-2016, 07:01 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Unfortunately the matter you have left on the head of a pin in the OP is certainly a stumbling block...
Science suspects that even that tiny speck of matter doesn't exist as a solid. Nothing about you is real in the manor in which you currently interpret. Even if such a speck did exist you would still be a lot of puffed-up illusion in order to fill in the difference between that speck and your current experience.
Old 17-06-2016, 07:02 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby

Id certainly agree; if you look at my posts in Death & Afterlife Im still a massive sceptic; even though I had about as full blown a haunting in my house as you could get, my sister had an NDE with all the works and also saw animal spirits and sensed human deceased presences - and my sister is about as together & trustworthy as you could get

I think Ill only have TRUE faith when I have an experience myself. I keep asking my mum, dad or frankly any old Tom & harry to show up but nothing since.

What I do find is that almost everyone I talk to if they haven't had a paranormal experience, you can bet pound to a penny they know a trustworthy relative who has!
Old 17-06-2016, 07:04 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
Science suspects that even that tiny speck of matter doesn't exist as a solid. Nothing about you is real in the manor in which you currently interpret. Even if such a speck did exist you would still be a lot of puffed-up illusion in order to fill in the difference between that speck and your current experience.

That's insane isn't it??!!??

Im so glad I got some replies BTW I thought it wasn't of any interest