Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 05-10-2014, 05:28 PM
sohappy

Does the past seem surreal to you?

I don't know why but sometimes when I reflect on the past some things seem surreal. I guess my time in high school really was hurtful as most of my memories from there are vague. I remember some things from middle school better. I guess high school was an emotionally distant time. Sometimes when I think about my teens I am like "Did that happen to me or was that just a bad dream?".

My childhood up to middle school was a lot better than my teens and early 20s so objects, smells, etc. from it are more vivid for some reason. It's like my mind blocked most things from high school and college. The only parts of my childhood that seem unreal are the people. For some reason places, smells, objects, colors, TV shows etc. from the 90's up to 2001 seem more vivid in my mind than other people. For my teen years and college years it's the opposite -- people are vague, but more real-like, yet TV shows, colors, objects, etc. seem very distant to me and hold no emotional value. Yet I know that they were worse than the people I met in the 90's.

Anyone with similar observations?
Old 12-10-2014, 05:27 AM
NightPrincess

It depends on your age. As you get older, you look back on things differently. Yes the 90's seem close to me but when I watch a film from the 90's it looks decades old.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:22 PM
kozmik

I'm guessing if your childhood was a happier time you are going to go back to that more often and reminisce. I do the same thing.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:49 AM
Ascender
Looking back on the past through films, photos and even pop music feels very strange. Parts of it was good with fond memories to cherish, and others are sad, even dark. I associate a lot of 80's pop music (not rock or heavy metal from the 80's) with events going on in the world not just in my past.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:10 PM
Master

H.S. was in the early 70s for me , it does seam a bit vuage also .
Old 07-06-2015, 09:49 AM
Master
hi

yea i do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔