Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 18-07-2014, 11:11 PM
Running Zack

Exclamation Help For Weak Stomach/Nausea?

I'm new to the forum, but didn't know what I could say in a welcome thread besides I'm fairly new to this spiritual stuff and my name isn't actually Zack.

Yesterday while going to get coffee, I became really nauseous in the car and began to shake. My brother expected me to go in to the store, so I didn't bother to beg him to go instead. I felt a bunch of childhood sensations of being sick coming back to me and probably looked like an idiot trying to order while shaking and bent over, I was very close to throwing up all over the floor. After barely surviving the ride home, I took pills for nausea, a prescription pill for anxiety, some mint flavored gum, and sat outside pacing around nervously for about an hour. I eventually had some Chinese tea I bought recently for "plum pit" sensation in my throat (I've had trouble swallowing food for several months) that also reverses qi flow for vomiting. While it's supposed to prevent vomiting, it tastes like puke and would likely trigger more of it if I had previously thrown up.

After a somehow trouble-free small dinner, I kept drinking ginger and peppermint tea while the nausea went back and forth. I went on this forum to look for suggestions, and tried apple cider vinegar + baking soda, as well as green tea with lemon juice, but the feeling is still there. Acupressure also did nothing, and it never has worked for me no matter what symptom of something I'm trying to work on. I expected to wake up during the night to throw up, but I slept for a solid 10-11 hours only to get up and have a similar weak "ughhh" sensation in my stomach.

The best way I can describe this feeling is that most of my gut area has a lightness to it that doesn't allow me to get comfortable when laying down, sitting, or standing. I also feel the need to try and cough (that might be a mental thing) and there's an urge to "reach" for throwing up by opening my mouth and letting it happen, although as far as I can tell, there isn't anything coming up and I'm not forcefully holding it back.

I'm absolutely terrified of vomiting due to many bad memories of it from when I was a kid. I haven't thrown up since early 2000 when I was 6, but I've more than "made up for it" with severe anxiety issues and constant nausea for most of my life. The nausea is usually excess air, mild sick feelings, or a small stomach ache, which doesn't bother me that badly, but actually feeling vomit coming on or expecting it to happen will instantly collide with anxiety and cause me to have a panic attack, most often with gagging/retching and hyperventilating, so I would really like to get rid of this feeling before I get into any of that again.

I haven't eaten too much in that past couple days, mostly because there isn't a whole lot around here to eat, and now also due to not really wanting to eat. I tend to feel okay while eating and for a while afterwards, but I keep thinking I got lucky and thus don't want to eat too much later in case I hit a breaking point.

Anyways, I apologize for the long read and really hope there's someone here who's managed to get over a similar issue in the past. Thanks!
Old 18-07-2014, 11:18 PM
elisi

my first obvious question is, have you seen a doctor? i would rule out anything physical before exploring other things.
Old 18-07-2014, 11:22 PM
Master

A very warm welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your stomach problem.

I would have suggested ginger, peppermint, probiotics and possibly grapefruit seed extract...

Could it be something you've eaten? i.e. food poisoning/gastroenteritis

Maybe a trip to the doctor would be a good idea? An accurate diagnosis is the first and foremost thing. You can look at options afterwards.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 18-07-2014, 11:38 PM
Running Zack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
my first obvious question is, have you seen a doctor? i would rule out anything physical before exploring other things.

No, I haven't seen a doctor yet. The one I go to isn't that great, to be honest. He doesn't seem to be fond of talking in-depth about anything and is busy enough to usually recommend I just make another appointment. I've been all kinds of nauseous throughout my life, so I don't consider it worth seeing him for something that will likely go away on its own.
Old 18-07-2014, 11:53 PM
Running Zack

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
A very warm welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your stomach problem.

I would have suggested ginger, peppermint, probiotics and possibly grapefruit seed extract...

Could it be something you've eaten? i.e. food poisoning/gastroenteritis

Maybe a trip to the doctor would be a good idea? An accurate diagnosis is the first and foremost thing. You can look at options afterwards.

I should really try eating yogurt, I hadn't considered that yet. Yes, it could be something I've eaten. I began to get sick yesterday about 25 minutes after eating a Pillsbury Mini Pizza, which I only ate because I was starving. I had one a few weeks ago and was fine, but maybe the fact that they come wrapped in packs of two (meaning yesterday's was frozen in a slightly open bag) had something to do with it, although that might be reaching. I'm not sure if food poisoning would take a full 24 hours or longer to make me throw up, which has me a little convinced that it's not going to happen. I wouldn't care if my (other end) was on fire and I had to set up weekend residency in the bathroom, just as long as nothing comes out of my mouth.

To clarify my original post, my sickness peaked at the beginning yesterday afternoon while I was freaking out and taking a bunch of pills/pacing outside. Since then, it's calmed down but I'm still not too comfortable.

Thanks for the helpful post!
Old 19-07-2014, 12:35 AM
Master

A couple things:

Welcome to the forum!

I am not a doctor, but here are some things I've learned over the years:

If you have been putting things in your stomach that are medicine related (i.e. antibiotics) and you haven't eaten any yogurt, the antibiotics mess with the natural good bacteria in your stomach, and it could be depleted and you need to add good ones back in. With the superantibiotics that they are prescribing now, it is more important than ever to eat 1 cup of yogurt with each dose of those things.

If you have taken a lot of painkillers over the years, or take a lot of vitamins daily, over time it can affect the stomach lining. If that's the case, I'd see a doctor and make sure you don't have an ulcer or something else going on. Can't hurt, right?

Hope you are feeling better soon.
Old 19-07-2014, 12:59 AM
elisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
A couple things:

Welcome to the forum!

I am not a doctor, but here are some things I've learned over the years:

If you have been putting things in your stomach that are medicine related (i.e. antibiotics) and you haven't eaten any yogurt, the antibiotics mess with the natural good bacteria in your stomach, and it could be depleted and you need to add good ones back in. With the superantibiotics that they are prescribing now, it is more important than ever to eat 1 cup of yogurt with each dose of those things.

If you have taken a lot of painkillers over the years, or take a lot of vitamins daily, over time it can affect the stomach lining. If that's the case, I'd see a doctor and make sure you don't have an ulcer or something else going on. Can't hurt, right?

i'd like to add, if you drink soda, QUIT IT! lol it ought to tell you something when they use coke to clean battery terminals. :P
Old 19-07-2014, 01:00 AM
elisi

p.s. rather than a doctor then, perhaps a nutritionalist. you may have food allergies.
Old 19-07-2014, 01:01 AM
Running Zack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks! I stumbled upon here when I did a poor job of trying to Google search the effects of a bad sleep-wake schedule, so I'm glad I found it.

Quote:

I've never heard of that, but it does make a lot of sense. I just ate some yogurt and feel better, so I will keep doing so. I keep coughing due to a tickle in my throat, which is constantly keeping my mind focused on how I'm feeling, even though it likely has nothing to do with any of this, but it's easy to imagine countless problems that aren't there.

Quote:

I wouldn't say I've taken too many vitamins, as I was taking like 8 different ones a day for only a month this year and nothing much before that aside from calcium/magnesium. I will go to the doctor if this lasts over the weekend (they're closed until Monday), but at the moment, I feel an improvement from just the yogurt. Thank you for the post.
Old 19-07-2014, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator
I am so sorry you have been feeling so horrible recently!
I presume you have been to the doctor for full check-ups for your GI tract? Some of these can be a little invasive and you might not feel like doing it. I completely understand if so!
But it would be good to know if /if not -anything is physically wrong.

When I was a teenager I had stomach problems for a short time and was sent for a Barium test. That wasn't so bad. But other things can be a bit much. In my case it was gastritis of limited duration, and hasn't recurred in all my life. I have no idea what caused it!
Anyway, if the tests come up clear, have you considered that what is troubling you could be related to acute anxiety attacks?
Sometimes we get fixated about something that scares us, as a kind of 'disguise' for something else. Something deeper, or what we cannot find a label for.
In which case relaxation exercises including breath meditation may help you. Also focusing on something which brings you great joy or something you are good at creatively -may help.
Are you stressed, and all knotted up by something....work? Life? Love?

Strong Peppermint tea is a good remedy for nausea....likewise Ginger tea. Spearmint can help too. There are also homeopathic remedies which may help. Check it out on the Materia Medica. Some people disparage Homeopathy, but I have seen it work with animals (who know nothing of the 'placebo effect'.)