Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 04-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Newfreedom9

I have been mostly vegetarian for over a year now, so I'm used to that. I do still have eggs and higher quality grains like you mentioned. I like dairy, but right now I'm not going to try goats milk until I'm completely cleared up. I don't drink soy milk either, but I did think about trying almond milk. It just looks like it'd be a pain to make yourself and there is so much **** in the store bought kinds that I haven't tried it. I just don't want to risk anything at the moment. Better I get cleared up first and then try different things.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Master
I would definitely try to find a good source of real dairy as soon as possible, if you can tolerate it :)

After all,l we are not here to mortify and flagellate the body ;) but to heal & sustain it, and to live in balance with all things.

peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 23-07-2013, 07:06 AM
Knower

hi love! i have made the switch since gluten makes me feel sick and causes cystic acne breakouts for me.

amy's brand of frozen food has some great gluten free options (rice macaroni & cheese, rice crust pizza) and they are all vegetarian. lots of vegan options too.

i love rice, so i try to make nice rice dishes, like mushroom risotto, vegetarian paella, "fried" rice (boiled rice with a bit of toasted sesame oil and soy sauce drizzled over it, with veggies & egg)... you can even make rice pudding with coconut milk, dates, cashews, dried fruits...

another option for pizza crust is to slice up cauliflower and use that as a crust in the oven! it sounds odd but if you cook it right, it tastes great.

xx
Old 28-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Knower
I've always been a bit overweight, feeling bloated often and since living/eating gluten free I've lost weight, gained energy and feeling great! Secret is to not try replace gluten-products with other refined foods, but rather eat as close to the source as possible.

Think veggies, fruits, sprouts! If you start exploring, you'll discover a whole new world of tastes and flavours. Salads galore, you could also get a dehydrator which you can use to make sprout-and-seed cookies, flat breads or pizza bases.

To give you some other ideas of things to try out as ingredients for salads and dishes; I really enjoy chickpeas, spelt, avocado, red peppers, spinach, muchrooms, butter beans, bananas, nuts, seeds (esp linseeds and sunflower seeds), mint, lemon, carrots, beetroot, leeks.... Mmmm, now I'm feeling pekish again! I agree with emilyhoney, rice is also awesome to make easy and delicious meals, and cauliflower is also super to use instead of pasta!

I have always loved waffles and havent used my waffle machine for two years, lending it to my mom in the meantime, but she returned it. Rather than giving it away completely yet I've now bought a gluten-free flour (potato or tapioca, I think) and going to try make my own glutenfree waffles. I'll try remember to report my success or failure here!
When you allow yourself to flow, you allow yourself to live. When you allow yourself to be happy, you allow others to be happy around you. When you allow yourself to be whole, you help heal those around you.
Old 29-07-2013, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator
No I'm not gluten-free.
But many years ago when I was in my 30's I was getting horrible pains in my joints. A friend suggested I tried going gluten-free. I didn't believe it would make any difference.
So anyway I did it -strictly. In 10 days the pains in my joints had disappeared and didn't come back like that.
I stayed gluten-free for about 18 months, then lapsed....and haven't bothered since. But there was no recurrence of the pains the way they had been.
It might have been co-incidence? I don't know.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:08 AM
Knower

Hi there! I know how hard it can be gluten free and even harder if you are vegetarian also. I use some gluten free products just to eat healthier. It's been trial and error. Gluten free foods have actually gotten better over the past several years and now there is more a variety available. Anyway...I thought I would share what I feel are pretty good products. The Kinnikinnik breads are pretty good - They have white and whole grain-and they are gluten free. There are many good pastas. There are rice, quinoa and corn. I think one of my favorites is Orgran gluten free pastas. They one which has rice and corn combined which gives it a softer texture. A lot of the specialty products have gotten better over time so hopefully you can find some to your liking. I wish you good luck!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Master
there's gluten free and gluten free. some cannot tolerate rice, corn or buckwheat, which are gluten free supposedly. some folk avoid all grains. amaranth is another good one, along with quinoa. takes a bit of practise but cooks well and is very nutritious. sweet potatoes are a good main meal, as is yam if you can get hold of it. all food musdt be organic so you know its a frood allergy and not a pesticide allergy. pesticides in the diet will defo contribute to more and stronger allergies.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."