Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 18-11-2019, 08:53 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Here's a story about a family from New Zealand that feeds themselves by hunting because they just don't agree with how animals are treated at factory farms (and I feel the same way about it)

And yet they are bashed and sometimes even receive death threats for what they do....

That's just crazy to me!!! I applaud these people for there hunting lifestyle as I live that way too!!!

https://www.unilad.co.uk/animals/mum...ls-she-killed/

I think this girl is badass!!!

The hunting is one thing and the posing and posting is another.IMO
Old 18-11-2019, 09:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
The hunting is one thing and the posing and posting is another.IMO

I have seen tribesmen around the world take there kill around the village and show it off to smiling onlookers....celebrating the success of the hunt and the food it brings.

Just the same way....She is celebrating her hunt and sharing that success with the world....what is wrong with that????

She is proud....as she should be.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 19-11-2019, 01:45 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
I have seen tribesmen around the world take there kill around the village and show it off to smiling onlookers....celebrating the success of the hunt and the food it brings.

Just the same way....She is celebrating her hunt and sharing that success with the world....what is wrong with that????

She is proud....as she should be.

Nothing wrong with it.

To hunt for what I will call "responsibilities for the family and or tribe".
This is one thing.The simple act of providing food and all that comes with it.

Then if one is inclined to the "show it off" phase then there is a whole
other can of worms that you open up and you should except that responsibility as well.
Which obviously you will invite the good with the bad.
So if threats come, I say you opened yourself up to it.
I wouldn't whine over it I would just say "let's see if you can follow through with your threat."

I have provided food and not opened up about it to others that will not be fed by it.
It just seems purer. The whole process from beginning to end.

I have also had times where the word of the food hunted or gathered was spread
to other people that won't be fed by it.
Some will be happy for you others will want to know your locations you scouted and harvested
and yet others may just simply bad mouth you and claim that was
their food and locations and try and make you and others feel that you stole it from them.

This is all I am saying. You can hunt and not open yourself up to others that won't be fed.
Then you can hunt and open yourself up to other that won't be fed.
There are just different responsibilities that come with your decisions.
Old 03-12-2021, 05:43 PM
Master
Its that time again!!!! DEER SEASON!!!!!

Old 04-12-2021, 12:34 AM
Master
Quote:

Do you have your tags?
Old 04-12-2021, 01:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
Do you have your tags?

Oh yeah!!!

I get a yearly Texas Suoer combo license with additional salt water gamefish tags....

Its.good from September 1st to Aug 31st 9f the next year and covers everything huntable or fishable in the state!

About $100 for the year......and all the money the state takes in on such tags goes back into game conservation.....a good deal for everyone including all the critters

Old 04-12-2021, 02:46 AM
Master
@Lucky1

That is amazing!

Here, some game are a lottery and all have a season.

I have never hunted, but my family has. I love elk the best!

I have used guns and bows as a young person, but do not own either now.

I wish you luck!
Old 09-12-2021, 09:07 PM
Master

QUOTE Post 204 EXCERPT:
Quote:

I get the excitement. The sight of deer at the forest line on my land in West Virginia would always incite me to place them in the cross-hairs on my Remington. I just can't get myself to pull the trigger. But I love venison and eat it with relish.

You are a blessed spiritualist, Lucky. Like a mountain lion. No conflict.
Old 04-03-2022, 02:33 AM
Master

The deer are so tame in the north west near towns. So many people feed them carrots and stuff they walk right up to you. Even the bucks.
Old 08-04-2022, 01:01 AM
Experiencer
We have lots of deer where I live, and deer season is a family tradition for many people. I don't hunt myself, but most everyone else does. Most of what people hunt and kill is eaten, which I'm glad for. Waste not, want not. Of course, for some (most?), hunting season is just an excuse to wander around in the woods drinking, but that's ok too. And it does keep the deer population in check (we don't have enough natural predators - too many people for that), which as a driver I appreciate.

Deer on the roads are a problem, but I seem to have found a fairly effective "solution" to that. What I noticed is that the problem was deer freeze when they look into a car's headlights. If not for that they're agile and fast enough to get out of the way. So I started driving with my "low-beams" instead of my "high-beams" at night. I can still see what I need to to drive, and the deer don't freeze when they see me coming. I can't stop in time, but they can and do get away before my car arrives. You still have to watch out for the fawns that follow the doe, but I can usually slow down fast enough to do that. Honestly, I rarely use my high-beams. I only turn them on if I really need them. It still could happen of course - I might hit a deer every time I drive - but so far it's been great.