Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Closed Thread

Old 13-08-2014, 03:31 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitLoop
First off, big hugs because this must be so frustrating for you.

Thyroid is only part of the problem:
Yes, do keep eating healthily - Eating well is not *just* about weight, it's about maintaining the good, healthy function of your internal organs, nourishing the cells properly and feeling as well *as you can feel* - you will feel more sluggish and bogged down on an unhealthy diet.

Your thyroid controls your metabolism - this is not your fault and weight fluctuations are a normal part of the disease.

Stress can affect weight loss, treat yourself to reflexology, a massage or something that makes you feel good and relaxed on a regular basis. The thyroid responds poorly to stressors - it's important to keep your adrenal glands healthy and ensure they aren't overworked.

Ensure you're getting a good range of vitamins and minerals.

You are not unlovable, you are wonderful. We have fingernails but we AREN'T fingernails, we have fat but we AREN'T fat... fat does not define you. You are still you regardless of your weight. I think even if you did lose the weight you want to, your mind would undermine the achievement because it's the way you're conditioning your thoughts. Sometimes you become so focused on the goal that you miss everything else that's going off around that focus.

I'd hazard a guess that if you stopped doing everything 'to lose weight' and focused on the whole picture of what it means to be fit and healthy you'd become happier and more relaxed and probably lose some of that weight naturally - it's not easy, but try to be less hard on yourself :)
nice response, Fruitloop. True about it being important to not define ourselves by what our body is. For some, that is more important than others. I am waving my hand here as someone who needs work in that arena. I do not define others that way. BUT I was taught all my developmental years to define myself this way. I grew up in the fashion industry.....
Old 13-08-2014, 03:40 AM
Knower
Some great posts here. Thanks Baile and Fruitloop. I grew up entrenched in the fashion industry. Both sides of my family. Weight and appearance were HUGE issues. Was defined by what I looked like. And believe me, I came up short in that dept. But in great wisdom I did choose this as part of the blueprint for the incarnation. To heal. Sometimes I think I was on drugs when chosing/planning this incarnation. Not really
Old 13-08-2014, 08:15 AM
Master
Thank you Nameless and Silvergirl. How does one provide self-help instructions for receiving the gift of grace? It's an act of grace after all! The next best thing: remind ourselves and each other that grace, magic and spirit is around us always. We are surrounded by this transformative miracle, we are swimming in it each and every moment. Our simple task is to awaken to this miraculous grace-filled reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lili
Some great posts here. Thanks Baile and Fruitloop. I grew up entrenched in the fashion industry. Both sides of my family. Weight and appearance were HUGE issues. Was defined by what I looked like. And believe me, I came up short in that dept. But in great wisdom I did choose this as part of the blueprint for the incarnation. To heal. Sometimes I think I was on drugs when chosing/planning this incarnation. Not really
Hi lili. I respect your perspective, and I appreciate your acknowledging mine. Because no matter which perspective and view one takes, the desire is still the same: to heal. For me, healing required doing something about my weight. For me, it was not enough to simply accept it and learn to love my physical self regardless of how much I weighed. For me and for my soul, I needed to do something practical. I needed to lose weight.

Regarding your choosing/planning comment: The greater the soul challenge, the greater the possibility for a paradigm-altering leap of consciousness. I was an alcoholic at the age of 23. I should have died in a motorcycle crash (blackout drunk, doing 90k on the highway), but instead woke up alone in a field somewhere, 3 am, motorcycle still running and the exhaust burning my leg (that's what woke me up: the pain of my searing flesh). It woke me up in more ways than one. I quit drinking the next day, cold turkey, and have been sober for 35 years now. THAT is grace, spiritual communion, spiritual will.

Likewise I quit drugs and tobacco the same way, from one moment to the next - instantaneous healing after experiencing a paradigm-shifting revelation - and never had the urge after that. The soul knows what it must do, and WILL do it when the time comes to act. This is our spiritual birthright.

Last edited by Baile : 13-08-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 14-08-2014, 09:10 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I quit drinking the next day, cold turkey, and have been sober for 35 years now. THAT is grace, spiritual communion, spiritual will.

Likewise I quit drugs and tobacco the same way, from one moment to the next - instantaneous healing after experiencing a paradigm-shifting revelation - and never had the urge after that.
Baile, those moments you speak of are what I call "a grace". I find in life that I can try try try. But it is in the moment of grace that success comes. I found the moment of grace 15 or so years ago when I stopped smoking. I decided that when I went in the hospital for surgery I would stop smoking. There was never a doubt in my mind. I cannot say it was easy. It wasnt. It was horrible. BUT I knew without question that I would succeed. There was no other option in my mind. No matter what. These are what I do call moments of grace. Even when it is not easy at all. Still it is possible in that moment. Thanks for talking about your times of grace. Odd that we called it the same thing. Or perhaps not so odd.
Old 14-08-2014, 11:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lili
I found the moment of grace 15 or so years ago when I stopped smoking. I decided that when I went in the hospital for surgery I would stop smoking. There was never a doubt in my mind. I cannot say it was easy. It wasnt. It was horrible. BUT I knew without question that I would succeed. There was no other option in my mind. No matter what.

Thanks for talking about your times of grace. Odd that we called it the same thing. Or perhaps not so odd.
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! That is it exactly.

lili, I call it grace because - and this is my personal experiential interpretation - it feels as if my higher self kicks my lower self to the curb, steps in and says, "Okay now I'M taking over!" It's a divine act, thus the grace label. But I don't experience it as the clouds parting and angels singing. It's something that's already an aspect of myself; something I am in (partial) control of. Yes, it's the higher, spiritual aspect of myself, which I have only a slumbering awareness of most of time. Nevertheless I do have a direct connection to that source. It's mostly a matter of simply waking up to this soul-spirit connection and process. I'm explaining all this because it makes achieving this union with the higher self, something that's very doable. One doesn't wait around for divine intervention. Rather, one is an active, conscious participant in this epiphany event. A co-creator.

Last edited by Baile : 14-08-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 15-08-2014, 03:17 AM
CJ82Sky

thank you all - i love seeing this thread blossom and grow from my rant to something positive and beautiful :) love to you all!!!!
Old 02-12-2014, 03:32 AM
Kpoole

Weight loss that's my jam! Okay I'm kidding but I think I can help. I use APPs to help me log what I am eating but you have to log everything! Myfitnesspal is the best to log your food, water and weight. Plus you can add friends to help motivate you. When I get stuck at a weight I either add calories or take them away depending on my current intake. Drink water, OMG this is so important and if your metabolism is really slow and sluggish eat 5-6 small meals a day until it has jump started. Excersise, scary word but small changes are important. Find something you like doing, I personally love to walk, so I set a daily step goal, I walk 10,000 steps a day now which is the recommended daily step goal. There is an APP for that too, Fargo I think is the one I used at first but now I have a Fitbit and use their software. Small steps make a big difference. You can do this just remember you are perfect and good enough right now, losing weight is no substitute to loving yourself. I have learned that the hard way! Weightloss is a personal journey find what works for you.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Master
I wish I could tell you something to help you. I don't know much about thyroid issues. But I surely can tell you that you are not ugly at all!! By the picture on your profile you are an attractive woman. Losing weight can be a struggle for a lot of people. Even the people that are not fat can still get obsessed with working out to maintain it. I know this may sound cheesy but the main thing that people are attracted to is the personality, to high self esteem. I have heard of girls that are super skinny and their self esteem is so low that they can't keep a relationship or even date cause constantly they keep saying to themselves "I'm ugly" when in reality they are not. It all boils down to self esteem. Loving yourself first. Is a constant battle between your thoughts and your mind.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Guide
There is a common misconception that eating fatty foods makes you fat. This is false. Eating carbs makes you fat because your body burns the carbs before burning fat. So focus on cutting out anything that has excessive carbs (rice, bread, candy, non nutritious fruits, potatoes, etc). I dropped 20 lbs in a month and a half when I cut out these foods (with limited to no exercise).

Another suggestion I have is check yourself for Candida albicans. Look it up online for more info.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 02-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Master

please, first lots of love to you...
I understand completely. I've lived pretty much what you wrote ALL MY LIFE!
I can assure you I know exactly how you feel.
And after I reached my heaviest and my lowest low and at 40! I felt helpless .....
I will tell you what I did to break that horrible cycle.....
I first realised it was A HORRIBLE CYCLE!
It all stemmed from me.
From a young girl I absorbed so much negativity about my weight and self image I was suffering from other people's branded comments in my psyche....media doesnt help having perfection flashed in hour face 24/7.....
I just looked at myself and hated this and that and the other.....
I sounded frustrated and angry and was very abusive in how I wanted to force my body to be what I believed r it should be and listened to endless tips to doing exercise I didn't like only becuase I thought that was what would work.
And I had been there and done that so many times so at the last time I reached my worst I was like " how I am I going to fix this?!?!?!?NOW..... At forty.....
First negative thought to come to mind....
Becuase I readit , and hear it here and there" oh, it's very hard to lose weight after such and such an age"
I figured im screwed cuase even when I was younger I had difficulty, now it will be almost impossible!
Then I realised sth.
What am I doing? To myself? What am I saying to myself?
I noticed the worst pattern of all ive always had.
I abused myself....
Yes, I hate myself basically is what I am saying to me.
I look at myself and I am cruel to myself.
I looked in the mirror and I said" if someone else were to come to you with this issue would you talk this way to them?"
And I said " never"
" then why do you do it to yourself?"
Yes I had that aha moment.
I was thinking all wrong....
So , I changed my attitude to love.
" I hate....." Was stricken from my thoughts.
I first learned to love my body, even how it was....it was an inner reprocess ....
I tried to stop the demands of my thighs needling to look a certain way, my arms and so on....
And I just listened to my body...what does it want .....what does it need..
I was careful with what I ate, I found exercise my body took well to....everyone's body is different so what I do may not work for someone else....
I envisioned a better me ....not someone else I'd like to be like.
I set no goal, meaning I wasnt about to push myself to lose 20 pounds in a month...
As long as I felt well, did sth positive and incorporated it into my life andENJOYED IT it was fine by me....
Simple huh?
Well within a year, I reached almost my size from when I was a teen!
And believe me it was a huge difference......
And I didn't kill myself either working out....
My metabolism boosted so much I had to hold back, and I dd less exercise than when I used to jog for two hours when I was 28-30......
Point is, it all started with my mentality.....
Love yourself....don't do to your self what you wouldn't do to others, it's a huge mistake and the negativity alone we put onto ourselves just exerts more pressure /stress on us and it created blockages.....
I hope you find your own formula, and a lot of great advice here, I only had to ad " love yourself!" Hugs
Closed Thread