Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 02-01-2019, 03:15 PM
ketzer

What is real?

What does real mean to you? How do you define it? How do you judge what is real and what is not? Is it the same for everyone, or do you have your own?
How important is it to you to know?
Old 02-01-2019, 04:17 PM
Master
Hi,

We all have that free choice to define what is real for us. It is a matter of perception. What we choose to judge and believe is our reality.

Science tells us that there are many dimensions of reality all around us however most are locked into 4D as their reality. In my case I am open to discovering and experiencing things beyond 4D physical reality.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 02-01-2019, 05:54 PM
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
What does real mean to you? How do you define it? How do you judge what is real and what is not?

Is it the same for everyone, or do you have your own?

It is very imp for me to know what is real.
Adyashanti is correct (and many others, too, not just him) "Nothing you see with your eyes open is real."
ACIM © (meaning channeled from Jesus) says clearly: “Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists..."

The chair and table I am at are not real....they appear to look as they do because of the atoms doing what they do....for the lamp,
the atoms do something diff. You are into quantum physics so you know all this.
I say this for others reading that may not have given it a second thought..."What? This chair isn't real?"

At the core or essence of everything is one thing...the Creator, Light....
There is no such thing as matter; it is all an Illusion for us to exp this 3rd dimension....to learn.

Learning is real, our non-physical selves are real our consciousness is real...that is,
if you can accept that we are extensions of the Creator gathering info...Individualized extensions of God....that's
what real is to me.
And yes, it takes a moment to moment training to focus the mind on this Truth.

Btw, I don't talk from books, but from my personal exp.....tho, it's fun when I read books say what I say, too.
This Awakening is happening more and more to more and more!!!

Good topic.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-01-2019, 06:55 AM
Knower

The truth is real. But the truth can be hard to find.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:02 AM
Master
As touched upon in another thread if there is reference to what is real in my eyes there requires an opposite. There also requires the comparison, that is why there can be references to the real self and the self that is unreal, be it the ego self or the illusory self as an example.

There are many layers to this as to be expected, the rope is a real rope and not a snake even when misidentified as a snake, but what is of the foundation of the rope and the snake? The mind environment? Is the mind environment real to begin with or is the mind unreal?

Is the individual perceiver known as you and I real or unreal to begin with in an environment that is real or unreal to begin, perceiving a rope or a snake that is real to begin with ..

Is it a dream, a real dream? or a dream within a dream that isn't reflecting a real reality, it goes on and on ..

I believe one has to get the basic foundation right if possible and work from there otherwise it's the blind leading the blind.

So what is the foundation? What you are? If one concludes somehow that what you are is unreal then everything has to be unreal based upon the realization that there is only that.

If you believe that what you are is real and believe / realize that there is only that then one has to perceive what you are in everything ...

If one doesn't believe in separation at all and believes in non duality as in everything is 'oneness' then one cannot separate what you are from this or that reality or from you or I, from the mind etc ..

x daz x
Old 03-01-2019, 09:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
What does real mean to you? How do you define it? How do you judge what is real and what is not? Is it the same for everyone, or do you have your own?

REAL..definition
actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed.

synonyms:actual,*existent,*non-fictional,*non-fictitious,*factual.
(of a thing) not imitation or artificial; genuine.
--------------------------
My belief is that everything created by you & i or the God entity is real, & even if something is created for an unloving reason, by an evil spiritual person, it is in creation & IT IS ALL A REALITY.. ALL THINGS CREATED, ARE ULTIMATELY MADE OF THE REAL SPIRITUAL MATTER. EVEN THOUGHTS.

all things exist, for a longer or shorter time than others, It doesn't matter whether they decompose, deform or transform into something entirely different.
At the moment it is percievable it is a reality. Even a thought in your mind is real. The question should be is whether or not what we are perceiving, is a creation for the use of lovingness or unlovingness..(GOOD OR EVIL).

The earthly flesh is a reality, but it will eventually transform into earthly matter & eventually may become food, & eaten by a woman & then become nutrition to build another earthling.
In any form it is all real, because it is all made of real spiritual matter.

The spiritual body is a manifestation in the image of the earthly flesh body, which emanates from you & i, (the soulself). It is a real manifestation created of the same spiritual matter as the earthly flesh form is ultimately made of.
And it can demanifest at times, as needed while performing certain tasks. So is it real..YES ..if it is manifestated & percievable it is real.

Is the soulself real, yes just the same as the earthly physical flesh is real, the soulself is constructed of the exact same spiritual matter.
Can it deform..INDEED IT CAN..in the case of a spiritual person without the flesh, who acts in a manner which is out of harmony with God's loving way, that unloving soul will dissipate to almost nothingness, with every unloving thought that that soul being has, due to the law of REAP AS ONE SOWS.

So is the soulself just as real as the earthly flesh body OR vice versa. YES..IT IS ALL A REALITY, IF IT IS IN A MANIFESTED FORM, AS IT IS INTENDED, AS LONG AS IT IS ALL PERCIEVEABLE AT ANY MOMENT, IT IS REAL.

perceivable*
- capable of being perceived especially by sight or hearing; "perceivable through the mist" perceptible - capable of being perceived by the mind or senses; "a perceptible limp"; "easily perceptible sounds"; "perceptible changes in behavior" 2.*perceivable*- capable of being apprehended or understood.

For your considerations only...regards neil
What say everyone...SMILES.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:33 PM
Master
Agreed, it is all real, even intention, even thought. Why would intent and thought be anything other than real? As Miss H. quotes, "Nothing unreal exists." Much of this does have to do with semantics, as God-Like noted.

Matter is temporal. It is not fixed or eternal in all aspects. But that does not make it unreal. It makes it temporal. All that is not eternal is often stated as being illusory, in some regard. Mainly, it is illusory in that it is not fundamental or eternal. It is not unreal...rather, it is simply changeable and impermanent. And the material realm and all material things in it derive from Consciousness.

So, if anyone thinks that the material world (on any level...from quantum to classic) will last forever and is unchanging fundamentally, then they are not looking too far past their own toes and yet, it is something we all need to keep in mind.

Consciousness is eternal, true. And yet all individuated consciousness had a beginning of sorts, having existed for an eternity which is some subset of Eternity. Perhaps it is more accurate to say that individuated consciousness had a point of origin, a "location", in the sense of relationship to all and to All. Different to the point of origin of the material world (big bang), which is ultimately temporal and will pass, or re-emerge, or...???

All is real. Nothing is unreal. But some things (consciousness) are eternal and thus core or fundamental. Whilst the rest (material realm) is none of these things...neither eternal nor core nor fundamental. But yet, being established for the eternal to better know itself...and that means each of us as well...there is great truth and beauty and goodness here, as well as the time and free will...and thus the opportunity to take choices to draw near and align with centre. With What Is.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 03-01-2019, 04:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

We all have that free choice to define what is real for us. It is a matter of perception. What we choose to judge and believe is our reality.

Science tells us that there are many dimensions of reality all around us however most are locked into 4D as their reality. In my case I am open to discovering and experiencing things beyond 4D physical reality.

John
Hello John,
Agreed it's most interesting and freeing not to limit ourselves there.
I find it particularly interesting to experience and observe how we navigate our way(s). And at what point we realise it is all the same, meaning we are who we are at centre in all "realms". Perhaps it has to do with the level of awareness, meaning not only are we lucid but we realise that ownership is a 24/7 deal and engage accordingly.

When I was a bit younger, I thought that this was a given and found it odd when folks balked at either of these but particularly the latter, when some awareness is in place. I still find it odd, tbh. The whole point for me is that transparency, awareness, and ownership are hugely liberating. And it gives me space and clarity to work on growth and healing, which are never easy.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 03-01-2019, 09:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries

When I was a bit younger, I thought that this was a given and found it odd when folks balked at either of these but particularly the latter, when some awareness is in place. I still find it odd, tbh. The whole point for me is that transparency, awareness, and ownership are hugely liberating. And it gives me space and clarity to work on growth and healing, which are never easy.

Peace & blessings
7L

Hi,

I find as I go through life, what is obvious to me is not as obvious to another. You could say that I look for a person's awareness level and gauge there potential for greater understanding. What is comprehendable for some is not for another.

I also apply this reasoning to myself. I look for those who have greater understanding on subjects of interest to me. My desire is then to learn from them. For in a very real way, we are all teacher and students.

Hugs,
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 04-01-2019, 03:15 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You are into quantum physics so you know all this.
Of course I am in to quantum mechanics! How can one not be? It's all the rage you know. Much better than Ginko. All one needs to do is throw the word quantum around at a dinner party and everyone will think you are much smarter than you really are. The trick is to use it in ways that don’t really make any sense, then everybody else will think they are profoundly ignorant and won’t try to point out that you really have no idea what you are talking about. And if they do point out that you aren’t making any sense, you can just look at them and say, “Yeah, I feel your pain, I mean, like Feynman said, nobody really understands quantum mechanics.”

But seriously, what I like about both quantum physics and relativity is not what they tell me about what reality is, I have neither the time, educational background, nor patience to try to understand that (and it is true nobody really understands either… other than the “shut up and calculate” math types). But they serve as a fantastic nut cracker for my stubborn “prove it” skull which houses a brain that can’t seem to get over the fact that what seems so intuitively true is …. well….illusion of the mind? While the implications of quantum mechanics and relativity seem bizarre as hell from a material realism paradigm, if one supposes they are in a matrix of the mind, a computer simulation in which their own consciousness is the computer, those weird effects seem a lot less weird. The pieces of the puzzle start fitting together. Suddenly some of those things those crazy physicists, Taoists, Buddhists, and Hindus said don’t seem so crazy. Even some of the seemingly indecipherable things Jesus said seem to be cypherable. Crazy, weird, and unreal, are a matter of perspective. Change your perspective, suppose something entirely different, and they can start to seem rather intuitive. That, I find, is rather cool….and it does make one sound smarter at dinner parties….so….there is that.