Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 11-10-2018, 12:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Your scientist is my pseudo-scientist ... My fair reporting is your fake news ...
The reason we are now inundated with fake news, is because people wrongly think everything is equal, and that it's all just one perspective versus another. No. There is truth, and untruth. There is intuitive eternal wisdom, and mundane human belief. Fake news is the mundane aspect. Being able to penetrate thru the lies and maya, to see the truth, is intuitive wisdom.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:46 PM
Master
It is as easy to know real news from fake news, as it is to intuitively recognize the real story of human history versus the faux history taught by religion and most science. I mean, this isn't even difficult. This is spiritual study 101; this is first-stage-novice initiation wisdom.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer21
Inavalan, I totally agree with what you say about Einstein and his involvement with atomic bomb research. He was fully dedicated to scientific research on behalf all humanity, but did not foresee harmful future repercussions.

Actually the part Einstein played in the development of the atomic bomb was very very small.....

Far more responsible were guy's like J Robert Oppenheimer...Edward Teller....Enrico Fermi and Ernest Lawrence.....and the list goes on....and its looong list!

Robert Oppenheimer who lead the atomic bomb project was in fact fully cognizant of the ramifications of what building such a weapon were and said so many times and was very torn emotionally over it because he truly knew what it meant!

At the "trinity site" in New Mexico when the very first ever atomic bomb test was performed Oppenheimer...standing in shock at the site of it... went so far as to quote words form the ancient Hindu text known as the Bhagavad-Gita....."Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds'.....to say these brilliant men didn't know and were not extremely conflicted about what they were doing is absolutely false.

And whats all this hating on Trump ??? He's on course be the most successful prez this country has ever had!!!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 11-10-2018, 03:05 PM
Master
Please nobody take the bait, lol. Let's stay on topic.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Please nobody take the bait, lol. Let's stay on topic.

I wasn't the one who put "The Bait" out there to begin with....you did in your first post in this thread.

And if your going to open your mouth like that don't be surprised if someone comments on it.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 11-10-2018, 05:20 PM
Master
And now back topic we go. Thanks folks.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Actually the part Einstein played in the development of the atomic bomb was very very small.....

Far more responsible were guy's like J Robert Oppenheimer...Edward Teller....Enrico Fermi and Ernest Lawrence.....and the list goes on....and its looong list!

Robert Oppenheimer who lead the atomic bomb project was in fact fully cognizant of the ramifications of what building such a weapon were and said so many times and was very torn emotionally over it because he truly knew what it meant!

At the "trinity site" in New Mexico when the very first ever atomic bomb test was performed Oppenheimer...standing in shock at the site of it... went so far as to quote words form the ancient Hindu text known as the Bhagavad-Gita....."Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds'.....to say these brilliant men didn't know and were not extremely conflicted about what they were doing is absolutely false.

And whats all this hating on Trump ??? He's on course be the most successful prez this country has ever had!!!

Feynman's account also described a conflict. They were all in jubilation over the bombing of Hiroshima, but later Feynman thought we were all doomed and all we do is futile.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:59 AM
Master

We should be less vehement in promoting our beliefs, and less dismissive of opposing opinions, because we actually don't know, and saying after the fact things like "who would've thought", "I didn't imagine", "I didn't expect that", are explanations, not justifications. Those who have supported and promoted erroneous causes should be held accountable (proportionally) both by themselves, and by the others.

Only owning up your mistakes you can truly progress.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
We should be less vehement in promoting our beliefs, and less dismissive of opposing opinions, because we actually don't know, and saying after the fact things like "who would've thought", "I didn't imagine", "I didn't expect that", are explanations, not justifications..
Of course, when speaking of abstract, artificial, personal belief concepts like "the nature of God", or questions like "Did Jesus exist?"

Different though when speaking about real life, and examining human behaviour. Truth is not about belief, it is about conscious perception. The conscious, self-aware individual is quite capable of determining when someone is being truthful and when are they lying. It is more important than ever to call people out when they are untruthful: elected leaders, and those who have been given responsibility for society's (and the planet's) health and well-being.

You said "Your truth is my fake news." No, it's not that complicated. These things are not equal, and this isn't an either-or proposition. Truth is truth, and it is very easy to spot fake news and lies. Now, it's true that unconscious people cannot tell (or refuse to acknowledge) the difference. If by that statement you're pointing out that a sizable portion of the population are unconscious and asleep in their soul development, and are therefore unable to know (or admit) the difference, then I can agree with that.

Two very different topics here really.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Of course, when speaking of abstract, artificial, personal belief concepts like "the nature of God", or questions like "Did Jesus exist?"

Different though when speaking about real life, and examining human behaviour. Truth is not about belief, it is about conscious perception. The conscious, self-aware individual is quite capable of determining when someone is being truthful and when are they lying. It is more important than ever to call people out when they are untruthful: elected leaders, and those who have been given responsibility for society's (and the planet's) health and well-being.

You said "Your truth is my fake news." No, it's not that complicated. These things are not equal, and this isn't an either-or proposition. Truth is truth, and it is very easy to spot fake news and lies. Now, it's true that unconscious people cannot tell (or refuse to acknowledge) the difference. If by that statement you're pointing out that a sizable portion of the population are unconscious and asleep in their soul development, and are therefore unable to know (or admit) the difference, then I can agree with that.

Two very different topics here really.

From my experience ... I thought that I know and understand some things, until a trigger made me see that I was wrong. That usually happens when new elements enter your field of awareness.

Following the same idea ... There were things I haven't noticed, or understood, until something triggered my awareness of them.

There are people close to me, loved ones, with whom I have completely opposite points of view of some "truths". I am amazed how they can believe what they do, and they feel the same way about me.

I'd be surprised if you didn't have such experiences. Maybe you're very young.

Basically, each one of us lives in our own reality, created by our beliefs and emotions. So, I believe that nobody can be sure they know the truth, so nobody knows it. Obviously, we both believe that we know the truth about "what is the truth" ...