Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 03-03-2018, 01:17 PM
Seeker

Many thanks again Shivani Devi for you "neat trick" guidance - unfortunately your link refuses to play beyond 0.04/5.05 no idea why but when I downloaded the video with Clip Grab it plays just fine.

Well, as they say, it is easy with a little help! Following your instructions I can hear the whisper and "please - don't" and also your "question versus christian" referred to in an earlier post. With your help these are (fairly) clear. What I had not appreciated was that different parts of the same conversation could come in different voices/sounds That is a revelation to me! I must revisit some of the material I have previously listened to.

Thanks for your help - I do feel I have progressed!

Chris
Old 03-03-2018, 01:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowsingdoer
Many thanks again Shivani Devi for you "neat trick" guidance - unfortunately your link refuses to play beyond 0.04/5.05 no idea why but when I downloaded the video with Clip Grab it plays just fine.

Well, as they say, it is easy with a little help! Following your instructions I can hear the whisper and "please - don't" and also your "question versus christian" referred to in an earlier post. With your help these are (fairly) clear. What I had not appreciated was that different parts of the same conversation could come in different voices/sounds That is a revelation to me! I must revisit some of the material I have previously listened to.

Thanks for your help - I do feel I have progressed!

Chris
That's awesome! I'm sorry that link didn't play originally for you, but you got it all anyway so that's cool.

Now you can see and understand this and I am pleased...and happy spirit-box listening based on it. Cheers.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:42 AM
Seeker

I am very well aware that as a novice I need to watch out for pitfalls and fake EVP on You Tube but applying my new found knowledge (thanks Shivani Devi), I have spent some hours listening to "spirit" recordings over the last couple of days, many I had previously heard. Strangely, my opinions are not much changed. I now find it fairly easy to tell the difference between words which are "bleed-through" from scanned stations and real positive "spirit words". I am pleased to be able to tell the difference with apparent ease but realise I am not perfect and mistakes will happen.

My previous uneducated views of many of these recordings have held true so I must have been getting some of it right in my ignorance.

Some recordings on YT. are very poor in my opinion but there are some I marvel at including everything I have heard by Shannon aka Mortis The Wizard. His stuff is clear and unambiguous to my ear, of better, clearer quality than nearly everything else and just generally brilliant. please don't anyone tell me he is a fake!

I do feel that thanks to the helpful advice from Shivani Devi, my world has opened up considerably.

Chris.

Last edited by dowsingdoer : 05-03-2018 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:39 PM
Master
Quote:
I am very well aware that as a novice I need to watch out for pitfalls and fake EVP on You Tube but applying my new found knowledge (thanks Shivani Devi), I have spent some hours listening to "spirit" recordings over the last couple of days, many I had previously heard. Strangely, my opinions are not much changed. I now find it fairly easy to tell the difference between words which are "bleed-through" from scanned stations and real positive "spirit words". I am pleased to be able to tell the difference with apparent ease but realise I am not perfect and mistakes will happen.

My previous uneducated views of many of these recordings have held true so I must have been getting some of it right in my ignorance.

Some recordings on YT. are very poor in my opinion but there are some I marvel at including everything I have heard by Shannon aka Mortis The Wizard. His stuff is clear and unambiguous to my ear, of better, clearer quality than nearly everything else and just generally brilliant. please don't anyone tell me he is a fake!

I do feel that thanks to the helpful advice from Shivani Devi, my world has opened up considerably.

Chris.
Shannon's sessions are probably the clearest on Youtube, and he also comes the closest to being able to translate what he hears, but Shannon still only hears half of it. One day, I actually translated one of his sessions myself and showed him what he was missing out on.

Shannon is into theatrics a lot, which is a big put-off for me...but that's 'his thing' and he's also hung up on contacting 'the Devil' or 'evil spirits' over listening to anything positive or anything 'else' which may come through.

Yes, most of the sessions on Youtube (including mine) are not clear and a bit scratchy...but people need to spend a lot on getting the best speakers, the best recording materials, the best editing software and just don't have the money.

I'm glad I was able to help you out here, but as you get more proficient and progress, you'll also come to the awareness that there is no 'radio bleed'..they take over the whole RF band and anything you aren't hearing them say, you're just not hearing it and attributing that to the radio.

Keep practicing with that knowledge I shared and if there's a single video you like, post it here, I'll give it a listen and see what I hear over what the spirit box operator does or you do.

That's the next step in this.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:42 PM
Ascender
Shivani, may I ask which radio you used? I'm interested in these little boxes, but I don't feel like being scammed either. I did try a few apps on my phone, but I don't think they were accurate in the least.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:53 PM
Seeker

Many thanks Shivani Devi for your post commenting on my views - particularly about Mortis's recordings. I do I feel owe you an apology, I have not knowingly listened to any of your own recordings and it was certainly not my intention to compare any recordings you had made with Mortis, that would be totally unacceptable behaviour after all the assistance you given me. If you could post a link to any of your results i would love to listen to it.

I do understand about the cost of good quality equipment, I have been looking into buying my own EVP box and it certainly does not come cheap along with extra speakers and a digital recorder. I assume experts also use some signal processing/graphic equaliser equipment too to get a clearer sound.

I don't have enough posts etc to be able to post any links yet but thanks for the kind offer to listen and advise - one day maybe?

This whole subject is quite intriguing and more I hear, more hooked i get!

Chris.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Many thanks Shivani Devi for your post commenting on my views - particularly about Mortis's recordings. I do I feel owe you an apology, I have not knowingly listened to any of your own recordings and it was certainly not my intention to compare any recordings you had made with Mortis, that would be totally unacceptable behaviour after all the assistance you given me. If you could post a link to any of your results i would love to listen to it.

I do understand about the cost of good quality equipment, I have been looking into buying my own EVP box and it certainly does not come cheap along with extra speakers and a digital recorder. I assume experts also use some signal processing/graphic equaliser equipment too to get a clearer sound.

I don't have enough posts etc to be able to post any links yet but thanks for the kind offer to listen and advise - one day maybe?

This whole subject is quite intriguing and more I hear, more hooked i get!

Chris.
No problem, my friend. Apology is accepted, but also not needed. Shannon's recordings are FAR better than my own....hand's down!

Here is a thread I made a while ago with some of my own offerings, but I was only using the Spirit Box with bad speakers (or its own speaker) and my PC's webcam sound recording feature, with a LOT of background noise...so, a LOT of this is pretty much undiscernable...but this was when I was just starting out myself:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=101762

It does, however, show you how I recognise and identify all of the sounds I hear and translate them all into human speech (beyond the conditioned pareidolia).

I haven't done a Spirit Box session for two years...firstly because my spirit box broke a year ago (the speaker jack went and so did the internal touch-pad) and I haven't got around to getting another one...or deciding if I am going to get another spirit box, or go for an appydroid...or hack an old radio...or get an 'Andy's Box' from Chicago Spiritwave...decisions...decisions. lol
Old 05-03-2018, 11:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBelle
Shivani, may I ask which radio you used? I'm interested in these little boxes, but I don't feel like being scammed either. I did try a few apps on my phone, but I don't think they were accurate in the least.
I use(d) a box called a P-SB7 Spirit Box and they are really good...for starting out...and it's not a scam, not at all! It's the real deal.

When you get a bit more 'expert', there are ways to hack old radios to give better results...like a Radio Shack Hack, a Sangean Hack...oh that reminds me, here is Keith Weldon of Chillseekers with a very cheap radio 'spirit box':

It's an old Sony Walkman SRF-M37W you can pick up for like $10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0kh0S_J2PA

Phone apps are not accurate because they don't have any of the raw RF...and there's nothing much that spirits can manipulate in regards to a phone...sad but true.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:16 AM
Ascender
Thank you,Shivani. I'll have to try it some time.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:55 PM
Seeker

Thanks Shivani Devi for the links to your recordings, I have listened to all of them but not right through I must admit as some are rather long. I noted your comments about quality but found most to have plenty of clear areas and I was able to get many of the words although it sometimes took two goes. But strangely it is so variable. Some simple words or names I failed with but where you placed a pair of spectacles in view I got most of the word "spectacles" instantly although it seemed to have taken longer for you.

I do find the pulsing scanning noise of the P-SB7 very distracting though.

I have been experimenting today with a Raudive germanium crystal detector circuit into my Sony digital recorder, it's promising but needs a gain stage to increase the volume. I think your suggestion to LillyBelle about using P-SB7 make more sense for me also, I have read the the Radio Shack hack and the Sangean too can't be carried out on the present models due to "improvements" ie ribbon cables instead of pins that can be bent out of the way. I don't know if this is true though.

Many thanks, Chris