Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 18-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator
The planet is already dangerously overpopulated with humans (and many of them in a lowest-common-denominator mind-set which isn't actually very positive.) They do more damage to each other and this planet, and to all the Creatures.
But that doesn't mean we should go round murdering people.
Old 19-03-2013, 01:15 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
The planet is already dangerously overpopulated with humans (and many of them in a lowest-common-denominator mind-set which isn't actually very positive.) They do more damage to each other and this planet, and to all the Creatures.
But that doesn't mean we should go round murdering people.

You're right. But no matter what people are not going to stop killing. There is always going to be that someone who has the desire to kill a cheetah & sell its skin for $4980743765432978 on eBay. We can & already have raised an awareness on this subject, but I'm afraid there's many people out there who just don't think that way. Therefore, it is simply not possible for humans to co-exist in harmony with animals.
Old 19-03-2013, 01:31 AM
Super Moderator
I know, it's so sad. The best we can do is what we're doing. If each single person did what we are doing, raised their awareness, then we'd have a different world....
I know that probably ain't gonna happen! But we have to keep going.
Old 19-03-2013, 02:11 AM
Experiencer
If everyone lived by the golden rule of treating others how you would want to be treated & actually cared about stuff, then the world would be much much better & i would still have hope that the idea of this thread would be completely possible.
& as long as we keep doing what we're doing, we are still making a difference. That's all that matters..maybe we just weren't meant to co-exist with animals on such a level.
Old 19-03-2013, 01:21 PM
LumberingLumberjack

I believe there are other factors involved in the hunting of animals like cheetahs, many of the men and women who hunt them are barely living on subsistence levels, so killing these animals for pelts and other resources could be the only way they can stave off complete poverty.
There are charity's and organisations like the International Anti-Poaching Foundation that help retrain poachers as guards and rangers, helping both them and the endangered wildlife they protect.
another factor is the rise in popularity with using animal parts as remedy's, and that's going to be a hard subject to tackle, as a lot of people firmly believe in the use of them, and are willing to pay incredible amounts of money to get there hands on even a small amount of a rare ingredient like Rhino horn. what we see as ignorance they see a cure to a serious illness.
Its a tricky one, but the more we help and the quicker we act the more we can save.
Old 19-03-2013, 06:12 PM
sesheta

I have never understood how, in this day & age, someone can go out hunting "for sport" - look another living creature in the eyes (or through the scope of a rifle) and kill it.....I understand that, in the past, hunting was very necessary for survival, that is entirely different...but I would not be able to willingly look at a rabbit, or deer, in its natural habitat - this wonderful, beautiful, gentle creature..then shoot it just to say that I did it....uuugghhh...makes my stomach turn.....
Old 19-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
I absolutely believe we can live in harmony with animals!
However, it all depends on the individual person's outlook, unfortunately..
Will we ever be able to get rid of the mindset of:
"This planet is ours, and wildlife is just in the way and should be gotten rid of"
I don't know if we will ever "cure" that way of thinking...but I certainly hope that, as more and more of us embrace the opposite way of thinking- that we are privileged to share this planet with the wildlife - maybe, just maybe, we can eventually turn it around

you are right sesheta it all depends on the mindset of the individual we are lucky to share this world and hopefully the next one with the animals again.
Old 19-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
That book "The Pride" sounds very interesting and just what I would like to read! I'll try to find it.

Thanks tobi if i get around to finishing it that is. I hope to finish this story i have alot of stoires i'm in the process of working on though.
Old 20-03-2013, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator
You know, I think when we come to the full, conscious realization, not just as a concept , but as a living thing -that animals do have Souls....then we will make great strides forwards in treating our Soul brothers and sisters in an honourable way.
For the mass-mind, that's a giant leap. But maybe only a small step for each one of us......
Old 20-03-2013, 03:00 AM
Experiencer
Tobi...I have often wondered about animals having souls.
They are smart, & some of them have emotions as humans do..elephants being one of the most emotional mammals there are. They mourn over the deaths of their family members...do you think that shows a true sign of having a soul?