Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 08-10-2019, 05:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Thank you Chrysalis. Makes sense for their different temperaments. I wonder though can a hot blood horse be made calm. I wonder if reiki or music works for that.

The calm depends on the specific breed and then the individual horse. For example, you can have a nervous Arabian or a calm Arabian. That goes for any breed. Having said that, horses do respond to music. Various methods of treatments do work on horses just as well as it works on humans. If there is a reiki method intended to calm a person, then it should work on horses. Massage and chiropractic works on horses too though I imagine such treatments would be pricey.

When buying a horse, if your main concern is for a calm one, then you can begin with Morgans and Quarterhorses for example. There are other breeds out there that are also calm. Once you see a horse you're interested in buying, then you take the horse for a test ride which should tell you if you want to buy or not.

If you try treating the horse for calmness, it might not cure the horse as a nervous highstrung horse is most likely due to genetics. If you're not an experienced rider, then the only thing that really makes sense is to stay away from a such a horse.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 08-10-2019, 10:57 PM
Master
I love watching the documentary on Buck Branaman - Horse Whisperer
Old 25-11-2019, 02:41 AM
Master
A movie clip

One of my fav time travel films Kate & Leopold, where he rescues her on his white horse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9nydZd_emI
Old 25-11-2019, 08:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
One of my fav time travel films Kate & Leopold, where he rescues her on his white horse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9nydZd_emI

I liked that film too. There's another film Precious Bane, unfortunately no clip from YouTube. I have it on disc though. Where there is a horse rescue and one of the best romantic kisses on film imo.
Old 25-11-2019, 03:52 PM
Master
My own experience is that a horse is a malevolent machine useful only for turning large amounts of money into manure......money in.....horse **** out...........That's pretty much it.

One of my daughters wanted (begged) for a horse when she was a teenager....it was NOT a good experience.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 26-11-2019, 01:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
My own experience is that a horse is a malevolent machine useful only for turning large amounts of money into manure......money in.....horse **** out...........That's pretty much it.

One of my daughters wanted (begged) for a horse when she was a teenager....it was NOT a good experience.
We only had one bad experience: Pops bought a donkey.......

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-12-2019, 10:28 PM
Master
sketch of my horse friend

......oops
Old 15-12-2019, 10:28 PM
Master
sketch of my horse friend

Anyone know what breed this is?
Old 17-12-2019, 10:06 AM
Master
NICE SKETCH!

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 17-12-2019, 10:07 AM
Master
Recently I rode a horse.

I could not believe how out of shape I was for sitting on a Horse's back.

The horse was one of the horses associated with a merry-go-round.