Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-01-2020, 03:58 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday
Thank you for the awesome post, zastrakoza,
I think the "superior mind" as you call it can be found in everyone with an ego.... so everyone in this world. If you obtain beliefs that take it to the extreme, there will be suffering. With you and others around you.

What conquers the superior mind is love.

Creating new beliefs is just creating new beliefs, it's still ego. Nothing bad about it though.

I think you really summarized the point perfectly, Tuesday. And I really appreciate the nonjudgmental approach. Many say go within and don't seem to realize that within is still ego. The cutting edge is to be able to tell the source of thought when there is no discernible divider between personality and spirit, because we are one.

Additionally, the common teachings are that soul has its own personality, goals, and development separate from the ego personality. And that there is an oversoul above that. Going within might not bring the clarity of source people assume. That is why I was asking for techniques and methods. A litmus test to determine the source.

You said it all when you said that love is the true source, and if we only knew what love was, we might all be headed in the right direction. lol.

Z
Old 17-01-2020, 04:12 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
The best way to get answers and guidance, is to turn toward your inner sources: a non-physical guide (a non-physical teacher), and your subconscious (which is your conscious' most important partner).

I believe that you shouldn't adopt or subscribe to any external teachings or belief systems, excepting when advised so by your inner sources of knowledge, which probably they won't ever do.

When you're looking for answers and guidance it is essential to leave aside all your beliefs, expectation, wishes, and emotions, because they distort the messages you get.

Problem I'm having with this approach is it is impossible to leave aside all beliefs, because we are not aware of our beliefs. This is self deception. What we say we believe is not evident in our behavior, which indicates this deception. People exercising less self deception are full of more doubt, since they don't know what to believe.

It seems like maybe a more productive approach might be to try to have an open mind with the thought that we probably are wrong about what we think. It would be nice however, if there were some method that would help us discern when we believe something that is not beneficial. Because we are trying so hard to help each other understand according to our individually held beliefs and hardly anyone agrees. This is a fascinating situation.

Z
Old 17-01-2020, 04:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrakoza
[...] some method that would help us discern when we believe something that is not beneficial [...]
Well, that's what experience is, and is for.
It's why proscription "against all beliefs" is problematic, and also eventually impossible - because beliefs are just stepping stones which generate experience - include the belief (or conceit) that, "I don't have any beliefs" (yeh, right!).
It is then experience which creates the need to re-evaluate and discriminate intentions per those beliefs.

This is why time and patience are essential assets of the earthly game.
Also valuable: the willingness to get rid of (vs. hold on to) what does not work in the evaluation of the beliefs.

~ J
Old 17-01-2020, 06:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Problem I'm having with this approach is it is impossible to leave aside all beliefs, because we are not aware of our beliefs. This is self deception. What we say we believe is not evident in our behavior, which indicates this deception. People exercising less self deception are full of more doubt, since they don't know what to believe.

It seems like maybe a more productive approach might be to try to have an open mind with the thought that we probably are wrong about what we think. It would be nice however, if there were some method that would help us discern when we believe something that is not beneficial. Because we are trying so hard to help each other understand according to our individually held beliefs and hardly anyone agrees. This is a fascinating situation.

Z
I understand. I offered you a path and an honest advice based on what I did / do. Reasoning can get you only so far, because you have neither all data, nor perspective, nor computing capability to get an optimum solution.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-01-2020, 06:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Well, that's what experience is, and is for.
It's why proscription "against all beliefs" is problematic, and also eventually impossible - because beliefs are just stepping stones which generate experience - include the belief (or conceit) that, "I don't have any beliefs" (yeh, right!).
It is then experience which creates the need to re-evaluate and discriminate intentions per those beliefs.

This is why time and patience are essential assets of the earthly game.
Also valuable: the willingness to get rid of (vs. hold on to) what does not work in the evaluation of the beliefs.

~ J
You do whatever works for you. Just be sure that you don't aim for a lesser goal than you're capable of, and don't it is in your reach.

Time and patience is a good advice sometimes, other times it isn't.

Also, not all experience is good, nor necessary. When you go to school, you don't need to experience low grades / failures to get knowledge.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-01-2020, 09:01 PM
Master

Quote:

Z

zastrakoza,

First of all.....I absolutely love that you have brought this before us. Thank you. My suggestion is this: Each day say this: "Give us today our daily bread"...……..first, 'us', meaning focusing on everyone not just our self....secondly, understanding that it must be daily, that we cannot rest on the laurels of our accumulated knowledge, etc. and at the same time being thankful for what we have received......thirdly looking with anticipation to tomorrow with the expectation for what it will bring, what new insights we will receive and knowing that it will not only sustain us but will help us to continue to evolve.
Old 17-01-2020, 09:03 PM
Master

I should have capitalized 'us' into US
Old 19-01-2020, 05:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday
Thank you for the awesome post, zastrakoza,
I think the "superior mind" as you call it can be found in everyone with an ego.... so everyone in this world. If you obtain beliefs that take it to the extreme, there will be suffering. With you and others around you.

What conquers the superior mind is love.

Creating new beliefs is just creating new beliefs, it's still ego. Nothing bad about it though.
like your thoughts on this. Also what is "superior" is really a definition of opinion. Whats superior to me may be garbage to you.
Old 19-01-2020, 05:52 AM
Master

superior mind leading to isolation

Advice for patience , persistence and consistency very golden and extremely important.

Another point is when the superior mind / self image / ego leads to isolation , somewhere down we have not been able to build relation with others and our definition of self is restricted . Normally it may be natural for people to extend their own self to their kith n kin blood relative family members . Many people fail to do even that.

When ones superior mind / self image / ego identifies it with universal mind/ego , it has to also accept the same hold true for other beings as well . That way all others are spiritual divine beings and other is not other but your divine brother (sister / comrade to be more inclusive yet specific) . That practiced consistently will help build affinity / familiarity / closeness with others naturally and mental walls will dilute to bare requisite minimum level and you can experience the divine feelings of love , compassion, empathy and experience the spiritual bliss and oneness with world and universe at large without being isolated.
Old 19-01-2020, 06:12 AM
Master
Post 1

Quote:
The superior mind is an energy I have felt in myself and others at various times throughout my life. It can be recognized and resisted. It can also become an identity that destroys.

It is a very subtle energy. It is incredibly easy to mistake it for something else, something good, true and acceptable. Yet, its purpose is to take life, to obliterate love, and prevent spiritual growth.
My personal take on this subject..

Each of us is unique and "special" with individual talents, experiences and understandings which makes us different from others...not superior nor inferior, just unique in the way we each perceive inputs and process them according to our individual level of awareness.

It is difficult not to get the ego involved whenever it comes to relating these individual experiences and understandings to another who comes from a completely different background, upbringing and cultural tradition who are set within their own belief paradigm, just as much as the individual is set within theirs.

Values also tend to come into play here and I have recently learned that I value equity quite strongly. I am willing to exchange ideas, opinions and beliefs as long as another is receptive to them and I am more likely to change or adjust my views and perceptions when another engages me from a position of acceptance and respect over facing the brick wall of "I am right, you are wrong and that's all that matters".

Yes, to them they are right...to me, I am right..but where does that lead in regards to any discussion on any subject if everything regarding Spirituality is personally subjective and cannot be proven?

It then becomes a matter of whether to continue with the engagement, or whether to take leave, wishing them well and using discernment to understand when one's time and energy can be better served elsewhere but the ego then tries to rationalise all the reasons why:

"That person just isn't ready to understand this"
"That person has a lower vibration"
"What has been revealed to me is only meant for me and nobody else"
"Maybe this is God's way of telling me I need to meditate more"
"Maybe I should just keep Noble Silence".....and on and on it goes....just like that.

There is no doubt that some are further along the path than others and there is also a deep, personal recognition and realization of that and while "all the above" may also be true to some extent, the true unfolding of the "superior mind" is not to allow it to get into the situation whereby isolation, rejection and futility leads to feelings of non-acceptance, dejection and frustration which can manifest in further attempts to be appreciated, acknowledged and understood...leading to more rejection, futility and isolation until it becomes like a dog which chases its own tail... getting nowhere... disrupting the sublime inner peace and joy.

So, how to reach those who have isolated themselves? Love! Love and reciprocity...having patience...being willing to listen instead of just tuning out while one waits for the opportunity to speak.