Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 27-01-2020, 04:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
This is my reality of happiness.
Protecting Sacred Lands.
Building a Nation, from what is left after the American concentration camp system.
Known as the reservation system.
In order to claim the lands of the traditional occupiers by putting them in the concentration camp system – some serious justified "otherizing” had to take place.

In Australia this was accomplished by claiming Australia "TERRA NULLIUS", meaning empty, unhabited wasteland, thus Aboriginal people were considered to be fauna under the flora and fauna Act and were not classified as humans until the 1967 referendum.

Besides, GOD had commanded man to till the earth and make it fruitful, therefore the invaders had the perfect right, under Divine Authority to go fourth & people & till the land and to take it from the Aborigines, who obviously were far too primitive to understand the proper land use and hence could not be regarded as having any claim whatsoever to the land.

In my experience, when you go to the traditional areas – non-duality becomes a norm, but is not considered to be anything special whatsoever – just the simple absence of the dual wall.
But when a Westerner awakes to the openness, to the absence of the dual wall, now they become big deals like “Tolle” etc. Heralding a new dimension and evolution of human consciousness bla bla bla. Because this is rare as hens teeth ....
Don’t get me wrong – Tolle speaks truths … but it is like the same old story all over again …..

Many religious traditions talk about the original sin or the fall of man or the fall from non-duality into duality or the basis of ego.

In other words – when did we start to ignore the open spacious dimension which is ever-present?

Do yous have the fall of man – story?

I don’t think ‘we’ do, because we always made Space dimension …. Sacred.
Like the “Spirit animated Earth” (or matter) …. Thus both are Sacred.
Similar to what Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche quote said:

Quote:
SPACE
Space is the ground of everything, the fundamental reality. We generally think of earth as representing groundedness, and it does as long as we believe ourselves to be one thing separate from everything else. In duality, earth is the ground, space is the absence of ground. But in Dzogchen, space is the ground. The practitioner merged with space is more grounded than earth because he or she is the space in which earth exists; is more comfortable than water because space has no obstructions; is more flexible than air because air can go no place that space is not already; is more creative than fire because space gives rise to fire. Space is what we truly are.

But in any case - when asked - it is handy to have somebody or something else to blame:

According to Gimbuta The Harmony of The Old Europe was destroyed when the violent invaders, the horse-riding pastoral nomads from the Pontic-Caspian steppe (the "Kurgan culture") took over.

But prior to that it was the agriculturalist’s - “Eve did it” story ……..the Göbekli Tepe story?:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...rden-Eden.html

The Buddhist story:
“The 5 Skandhas just happened out of nowhere – but it is not me” – story.
But at least it explains the "otherizing".

You don’t have to click on the links or watch the video I’ll just leave them here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTY9K1Q_Sbg

Old 29-01-2020, 09:14 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient

Do yous have the fall of man – story?

I will admit. I have been corrected on this term to the point
where I am gun shy.When people say fall of Man it seems to mean something
different then what I believe it is.

I posted a few Creation story links in the Christian sub-forum
1.)Lakota (Sioux)(I enjoy this old mans translation of Man use to have
a like silk Light robe, but Man lost it and became naked, because Man denied the Creator
and used the Power out of ego)
2.)And one Navajo.
Thread is titled: Should Christians aspire to be vegan? Post #110

I apologize Buddhists.I realize I am treading on your ground.
Old 30-01-2020, 11:13 PM
Master
Going back to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
This is my reality of happiness.
Protecting Sacred Lands.
Building a Nation, from what is left after the American concentration camp system.
Known as the reservation system.

One look into this Elder’s eyes and unconditional love, non-duality …..’ours-ness’ was instantly the felt presence.

But of course the truth of what happened cannot be denied ….
https://vimeo.com/292549994
... and healing has to happen both ways ...

Later on I met members of his family through a Buddhist meeting ….

But instead of realizing Shunyata – nonduality (what happiness means to me) – it seems, Buddhism can also become just another form of ‘mine-ness’……