Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-11-2018, 05:30 AM
Experiencer

mark-actually I came into this forum to learn more about God, Jesus, and the Holy spirit. not to hash it out with anyone. not sure what you mean when you say then the Christians see us here?

I don't wonder anymore about why non Christians come into this forum and attempt to share their beliefs-

however, in regards to utenbersgs question-Im not sure he will get an answer that is satisfactory for him-

I agree that we are all given free will-not sure who runi is but it sounds like a nice poem to be sure.

7honestly Mark-God in his sovereignty makes all things possible-it is He who is able to help us to forgive-it is He that calls us to Him. It has always been Gods plan to save us from hell by sending His son Jeus Christ into this world to be the sacrificial lamb to atone for all of mankinds sins.

If we chose to believe and profess that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior-if we confess our sins are sorry for our sins and seek forgiveness it is only through Christs work on the cross that we are forgiven.

those who you consider "the us" that post here-not sure why they post in the Christian forum-vut the "us" do and it is what it is-I cant change the "us" but only change how I react to the "us".
Old 29-11-2018, 06:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
oops forgot to mention untensberg-reincarnation is not a belief held by Christians-reincarnation does not exist

It obviously doesn't exist in your belief system but you cannot talk for ALL Christians WP.

St. Augustine ponders the common sense viability of reincarnation: Did my infancy succeed another age of mine that dies before it? Was it that which I spent within my mother's womb? ... And what before that life again, O God of my joy, was I anywhere or in any body? Confessions of St. Augustine.

Here are a few more Christians amongst many who DID also believe in Reincarnation,

Clement of Alexandria, St. Gregory of Nyssa, Justin Martyr, and St. Jerome.
Old 29-11-2018, 06:19 AM
Guide

I'm sure that if there were really something like an actual document, there wouldn't be as much of a debate.

Doctrine can also mean belief. So I'm sure that he was trying to say that the Church was opposed to the idea of reincarnation.
Old 29-11-2018, 06:36 AM
Master
Reincarnation was officially removed from Christian doctrine during the Fifth Ecumenical Council in the year 553 (also known as the Second Council of Constantinople). The council was evoked by the Emperor Justinian and Empress Theodora to decide then what were to be ‘acceptable’ Christian beliefs and practices. The council released a list of decrees, which sounded the death knell for the idea of reincarnation. The FIRST of these decrees read:

“If anyone asserts the fabulous pre-existence of souls, and shall assert the monstrous restoration which follows from it: let him be anathema.” This literally meant that anyone believing in reincarnation was damned, and those who advocated reincarnation could be excommunicated from the Church.”
Old 29-11-2018, 06:54 AM
Guide

"I don't wonder anymore about why non Christians come into this forum and attempt to share their beliefs-"

Neither do I. And I believe that's the way it should be. We are all here to learn. My intention was not to segregate, but I can understand how it could have been interpreted that way.
Old 29-11-2018, 06:57 AM
Master
' Father, grant that my soul may merge into the light, and be no more thrust back into the illusion of earth." Others of his Hymns, such as number III, contain lines clearly stating his views, and also pleas that he may be so purified that rebirth on earth will no longer be necessary.'

Synesius (AD 370-480), Bishop of Ptolemais.

Clearly he believes in Reincarnation and is explaining in words similar to Buddhists Teachings regarding Rebirth in his prayer/hymn, although Buddhists don't believe in a soul.
Old 29-11-2018, 07:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mark
"I don't wonder anymore about why non Christians come into this forum and attempt to share their beliefs-"

Neither do I. And I believe that's the way it should be. We are all here to learn. My intention was not to segregate, but I can understand how it could have been interpreted that way.

I personally don't see you trying to ' Segregate '. Some Christians do believe in Reincarnation others don't and rhat is the way it is, I don't have a problem and find it extremely interesting as to how and why Christianity and it's beliefs have changed over time.....
Old 29-11-2018, 07:29 AM
Guide

Thank you.

Here is a passage taken from the Secret Gospel of John that you might find interesting. This just goes to prove that the Mother was mentioned in trinity.

Be not afraid.

I am with you always.
I am the Father
The Mother
The Son
I am the incorruptible
Purity.
Old 29-11-2018, 09:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mark
Thank you.

Here is a passage taken from the Secret Gospel of John that you might find interesting. This just goes to prove that the Mother was mentioned in trinity.

Be not afraid.

I am with you always.
I am the Father
The Mother
The Son
I am the incorruptible
Purity.

That's lovely. thanks. Spirit has no gender
Old 29-11-2018, 09:22 AM
Master
A platonick song of the soul.

@ WP....... I would sing the Prae-existency
Of humane souls, and live once o'er again
By recollection and quick memory
All that is past since first we all began.
But all too shallow be my wits to scan
So deep a point and mind too dull to clear
So dark a matter, . . .
Speaking then to Plotinus in the poem, he adds:

Tell what we mortalls are, tell what of old we were.
A spark or ray of the Divinity
Clouded in earthly fogs, yclad in clay,
A precious drop sunk from Aeternitie,
Spilt on the ground, or rather slunk away.
As More said in his essay mentioned above, "there was never any philosopher that held the soul spiritual and immortal but he held also that it did pre-exist."

Another CHRISTIAN Henry More who also believed in Reincarnation.