Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 29-09-2018, 12:38 PM
Guide

Conspiracy theories

Recently I keep hearing about conspiracy theories and having conversations with people who firmly believe in them. A new friend I met at a local group was talking about them and it seems when someone adheres to one they tend to adhere to many. She advised me to listen to David Icke as she feels he is the main source of knowledge of these conspiracies. I had a listen and not sure how to feel now. I've never been someone who has any particular interest in these theories - I guess I'm quite trusting of how things appear to me. For example the moon landing - it had never been crossed my mind that it could be a set up. I'm not sure if I'm incredibly naïve, but I suddenly feel a bit disturbed in regard to many things in life. I'm not silly enough to believe that there is never any underlying agenda - I know that the way the media operate and also how many powers that be behave, show how much society is controlled and manipulated. But despite all that I guess I try to hold onto the goodness of things and people. Are most spiritually minded people convinced of conspiracy theories?
Old 29-09-2018, 01:51 PM
Knower
As a general rule that applies almost always: There is no conspiracy behind it. Usually, there is a complex web of individual interests that produces a random outcome.

For example the Wall Street crash of 2008 - 2009 that caused the recession. There is no evidence of a mastermind who planned it all from the start, in order to have a crash. What there was (and can be proven to have been), was a critical mass of greedy, reckless, selfish individuals who's actions put together overloaded the financial system with reckless speculation, and almost broke it in the process. The story of how it exactly happened is complex, and it needs some expertise in financial sector to even understand the mechanics. Someone who doesn't know what bonds, derivatives or credit default swaps are, can't understand the mechanics of what went wrong and how.

When there is such a complex collection of individual actors, events and mechanics, it's tempting to simplify the picture by imagining one, big mastermind behind it all, pulling the strings. That's almost always not the case. Usually the truth is much more complex, much more boring and much more messy than that.
Old 29-09-2018, 01:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemera
I suddenly feel a bit disturbed in regard to many things in life.
I happily gravitate towards that which makes me feel at peace with life. If I feel anxious and disturbed, I know I need to change direction. Perhaps your disturbance is a similar kind of soul-signal to you?

Are conspiriacy theories real? As real or unreal as all the many other personal beliefs out there I would say. David Icke can believe anything he wishes and it makes no difference to me. I've listened to a few of his videos. Some things he says are insightful; other things appear to be fear-based and even delusional. Again, I accept the former and reject the latter.
Old 29-09-2018, 02:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Recently I keep hearing about conspiracy theories and having conversations with people who firmly believe in them. A new friend I met at a local group was talking about them and it seems when someone adheres to one they tend to adhere to many. She advised me to listen to David Icke as she feels he is the main source of knowledge of these conspiracies. I had a listen and not sure how to feel now. I've never been someone who has any particular interest in these theories - I guess I'm quite trusting of how things appear to me. For example the moon landing - it had never been crossed my mind that it could be a set up. I'm not sure if I'm incredibly naïve, but I suddenly feel a bit disturbed in regard to many things in life. I'm not silly enough to believe that there is never any underlying agenda - I know that the way the media operate and also how many powers that be behave, show how much society is controlled and manipulated. But despite all that I guess I try to hold onto the goodness of things and people. Are most spiritually minded people convinced of conspiracy theories?

I just take it for granted that everything people say is pretty much a lie anyway lol! I mean how would I even know the difference? Don't I just have to presume one thing or another as if it were true even though I can't know? With my only real guide being my perception of what others already believe?

As far as conspiracy theories though, even if it is true there is a saying in the bible... that everyone in high places was placed there explicitly by god to proceed with his purpose. That doesn't mean they are necessarily 'good' people in the way you would define good, all it means is that the simple fact of them being where they are works out for the will of god, which I take to mean the best good of all of us.
Old 29-09-2018, 06:07 PM
Guide

Falling Leaves - that's my approach except I do the opposite and tend to assume the truth is being spoken! Yeah you're right, there's no way of knowing what is right or not. It comes down to the fact that beliefs are just beliefs (apart from those in the know) and believing something or not believing it doesn't make it real..

Baile - good to see you, I thought you'd left the forum! Re soul signals, yes perhaps, but my mind has always held onto the notion that truth is more important than happiness. I do see some error behind this, namely in what I say to Falling Leaves, and perhaps the only true contentment is resting in what we can't know and trusting in what we do.

Jack of Spades - Id agree with all of that. It has also been my experience that things and also people are messier than we like to think they are.
Old 29-09-2018, 06:18 PM
Master
Quote:
truth is more important than happiness
Joy is much more than happiness. Joy is love of life, and gratitude for all things, and wonder at the miracle of creation. That's what I'm talking about. And no David Icke reptilian-conspiracy nightmare could ever shake or disturb me out of that happy state.

If you're in a lousy relationship, be truthful and speak up, and tell them you're leaving, even if it means they get the house and you have to go live in a motel. You're correct: truth in that instance is always more important than comfortable happiness.
Old 29-09-2018, 07:11 PM
Master

Each human creates their own reality from their beliefs and emotions. If you believe it, so it is for you, and more and more proof you'll find to confirm it.

There are people who push their theories for money, for glory, for power, from ignorance, from personal conviction, etc.. It's up to you to navigate through them, as it's up to you to navigate through life.

Don't blame others if you're fooled!

You have in yourself enough knowledge to make the right choices, and you just have to diligently access it. If you don't, it's still okay; you'll have another go at it, and then another, and another ... You have an eternity ahead of you to make it right.

How to access that knowledge? Through your favorite altered state of consciousness (self-hypnosis, meditation, out-of-body, etc.)! Turn inside, go deep, ask questions, get answers. Ask short and clear questions, without bias or emotion, just a mild curiosity and an expectation for a meaningful answer. Be careful not to distort it with your rationalizations, beliefs, emotions. The more you do it, the better you get at it.
Old 29-09-2018, 10:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Recently I keep hearing about conspiracy theories and having conversations with people who firmly believe in them. ... Are most spiritually minded people convinced of conspiracy theories?

One aspect of spiritual awareness is having a greater understanding of humanity and the forces which drive human progress. Conspiracy theories cover a wide range of subjects, whether it be who really controls our governments, underground battles with extraterrestrials, government mind-control experiments, human colonies on Mars, the suppression of free energy, pharmaceutical companies who value profit more than health, etc etc etc.

I went to a few of David Icke's talks back in the 1990s, having read some of his books. He was a very good speaker and he raises some very valid questions, but I don't always agree with the "facts" he puts forward nor his conclusions. The problem with conspiracy theories is that we can never be sure what to believe.

For example, 9/11. There are too many questions left unanswered by the official version of events. Why did Tower 7 collapse later that day? Were any black boxes from the two aircraft ever recovered? Officially no, although volunteers at the site report being present when at least two black boxes were discovered. We hear conflicting stories and we don't know what is true.

Although I would not say that most spiritually minded people are convinced of conspiracy theories, I would suggest that the reality of human history over recent centuries is quite different to what we were taught at school. So as a spiritually minded person I read these things and consider them as possibly true in the absence of any definite evidence. But they are not worth obsessing about. I already have everything I need - I just need to go within.

Peace.
Old 29-09-2018, 11:30 PM
Master
Conspiracy theories are theories until they become facts. And there are many, only most would have forgotten by then that those who talked about them were declared loonies at the time.
For me it's very simple, I read, if it feels right I take it on board, if not I let it be. Everything is potentially possible nothing is certain.
If something turns out later as not true or a hoax, no big deal.
It is very difficult to offend me or hurt me with words.

And I don't step on soap boxes either.
Old 29-09-2018, 11:56 PM
Suspended
There is only really one "conspiracy" theory imo and it's that there's some people or a force that wants humanity to be controled, now if you look at the world and can't see that going on.. then, I don't know what to say to you. However even this can become a trap for us too because, in a larger picture it could be said that we have set all this up for ourselves to evolve (that does not mean things are not bad or things should not be talked about), however the approach of a middle path here is probably the best imo, having our feet on the ground and head in the stars, being grounded in this world but seeing from a higher state of consciousness at the same time.

I could have wrote more here an I may but I'm very busy today. Having Been apart of the ufo an e.t community iv had my fair share of this conspiracy type info, they kinda go hand in hand. And I've seen black helicopters and people I know have had men in black visits and things like this, there's unfriendly (and friendly) extraterrestrial... people don't have to believe anyone, it's important to not ignore things though or dismiss something just because you don't like it, but pretty much what rah nam said is good to.. peace.
Closed Thread