Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 08-11-2017, 05:24 AM
Pathfinder
Nature of the Atman

The Atman relates us to Brahman; the Atman is Brahman.
But what about the Jewish Sages referring to the Soul as being Feminine? Is Brahman really a Goddess?
Old 11-11-2017, 07:11 PM
Master

Gender does not apply at the level of Soul or Consciousness. Gender is only relevant during incarnation in the worlds of form, and that is only a temporary identification. Atman/Brahman is simply Being, and Being has no gender.

Having said that, there are certain principles expressing through Creation, and some people might define these principles as masculine or feminine. This is nothing to do with gender, but more to do with qualities. I prefer to use the terms yang and yin rather than masculine/feminine, to avoid any confusion with the division of the sexes.

The Soul is sometimes regarded as feminine because it is seen as the bride of the Divine, seeking union with the Beloved. Or esoterically Consciousness expresses the principle of Love & Wisdom (regarded as feminine qualities) seeking union with Spirit which expresses the principle of Will & Purpose (regarded as masculine qualities).

The spiritual journey is all about uniting Consciousness and Spirit, and finding that state of perfect balance.

Peace.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:31 PM
Master
Thank you iamthat, a good and clear post.

I don’t know about Atmen/Brahmen nor about Jewish Sages, but:
Quote:
Socially, the shaman does not belong either to the class of males or to that of females, but to a third class, that of shamans.
One can shift into an awakened state and realize “Oneness”, but nothing really happens.
It is only when there is an initiation or empowerment involving Energy, well, Spirit – that one realizes the Energy one is dealing with is beyond gender.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngnostic
But what about the Jewish Sages referring to the Soul as being Feminine? Is Brahman really a Goddess?

Attempting to describe what may be beyond the manifestation seems very difficult if not impossible. Usually the term "Oneness" is used. It is not meant to mean some form of diety but rather that, despite the very convincing appearance of difference, All is One. That "Oneness" has no gender or any other characteristics and yet appears as All There Is.

Magic:)
Old 12-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Quote:
But what about the Jewish Sages referring to the Soul as being Feminine?
Is Brahman really a Goddess?
No...and yes.

(iamthat, nice.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-11-2017, 10:53 PM
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
One can shift into an awakened state and realize “Oneness”,
but nothing really happens.
If I may...this reminded me of the story of the monk who tied his student to a chair completely, even covering his mouth.
Walked away saying, 'Ok, that's it."

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-11-2017, 01:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
If I may...this reminded me of the story of the monk who tied his student to a chair completely, even covering his mouth.
Walked away saying, 'Ok, that's it."
Good addition.
Old 23-11-2017, 01:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Through the awareness of the feminine (Shakti), Brahman (Shiva) can be experientially realised.

In the language of the dual paradigm, the Atman is split in two...there is the Jivatman (individual Soul) and the Paramatman (Oversoul) and the Jivatman is referred to as Brahman, whilst the Paramatman is referred to as Parabrahman, in much the same way as the Jivatman is Shiva, but the Paramatman is Sadashiva...realisation of Brahman = Savikalpa Samadhi and realisation of Parabrahman = Nirvikalpa Samadhi.

Shakti (feminine) is Kundalini and Kundalini can also be seen as the 'Soul' in man as it leads to the very awareness of Brahman but only when She is united with Shiva in the lotus of the heart...and the unity of Shiva and Shakti leads from the awareness of a distinct Brahman to an all-encompassing Parabrahman, which can be seen as BOTH masculine and feminine, in the case of Ardhanarishwara or neither, in the case of Parameshwara (Sadashiva).

Confusing, I know. lol