Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 24-11-2010, 07:34 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaya48
I HAD TO LAUGH WHEN I SAW YOUR REPLY ITS SO HONEST AND GAVE ME A CHUCKLE FOR THE DAY THAT MAKES TWO OF US LOL BUT I AM SURE IT IS ALL GOOD. LOVE AND LIGHT SHAYA.

so good you said it twice.....
Old 24-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Spirited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub T
Hi everyone, I just wondered about other peoples stories in their beliefs in mediumship and spirituality. What I think I'm trying to say is that when you go down this path how did old friends and family react? I think I've always known something else existed but like many others it's been suppressed so I could fit in better with society. I'm learning a lot of lessons and have decided that I must grow more spiritual and not to be afraid of others opinions. They are entitled to them, however their opinions shouldn't alter mines anymore.

Did people begin to distance themselves making room for others to come into your life? As hard as it is to let people go, sometimes I feel it's a hard lesson that pushes you to move on.

Just wondered how opening up changed your lives?

Cherub x

All of my early life I always believed there was something more, a higher power so to speak. I always felt slightly different to most people. I first went to a Spiritualist church with my mother and her friend when I was 14 and that was the first time I really thought of an afterlife where we simply just move on to. I used to only think of an afterlife in the more traditional sense, like Christianity etc although I have no religious family members. I started developing at the age of 18 by sitting in a circle where I feel I gained a lot of knowledge and understanding and since then I feel my life is a lot more Spiritual. I stopped all mediumship in my life back in June for personal reasons although I am still open minded and find it interesting to talk about. I didn't really have to keep it suppressed from my family as there are no religious people although my step father is very sceptical and closed minded. I feel the whole experience for me definitely showed me a new way of looking at life and I think whether or not a person chooses to continue to walk the path of mediumship doesn't really matter as you learn the raw basics at the begining and it is off of those foundations that other things can then be built.

So yeah I think on a scale of 1 to 10 it is probably a 10 for changing my life.

Spirited