Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 30-10-2010, 01:16 AM
Jules

lol it's ok. coz its on the subject matter it can stay :) x
Old 30-10-2010, 02:23 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
And that is where you're wrong I'm afraid to say. A medium doesn't read a persons anything. A MEDIUM provides proof of life after death by communicating directly with spirit people, channelling evidential messages from loved ones passed to the spirit world S/he is communicating directly with a Spirit person from the other side of life. A PSYCHIC reads/senses a persons aura for want of a better word.

Now let's be right here mi ducks....

Mediums providing evidence of life after death by communicating with those on 'both sides' of the divide are 'evidential mediums' - they provide evidence of identity etc. of the discarnate communicator. Those who know me also know it's probably my favourite hobby horse I'm riding right now by saying this. It also happens to be the particular province of (Modern) Spiritualism and I am a dyed-in-the-wool Spiritualist.

BUT there are many enquirers on forum boards generally, not just here, who see mediums and mediumship altogether differently. They're not wrong, we're not right. It's all down to definitions of the words.

Now I was a self-righteous blighter about mediums and mediumship at one time but I've changed my ways as I was very much out of step with modern meaning of this word. It's been a sea-change for me and now, even more than was usual, I play devil's advocate on this.

Call 'em mediums, psychics, readers, channellers or what have you, there are widely differing understanding of all these terms. Most frequently I find that 'psychic' and 'medium' are used interchangeably with no understanding of how each will be very different from the other in different circles. Channeller or channelling is the next most misunderstood/misused term in my small experience.

Clear definitions would be a boon and I work constantly - and without success - to get folks to differentiate.

hey, ho, onward and upward....
Old 30-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Jules

first n foremost mac .. me ducks!!!! that's a good ole nothern word from MY part of this big ole world we live in ......
secondly .. I've pm'd you
and now down to business lol. hehe are we gonna have another debate me wonders .. i do admire and respect you y'know and yep I even like you! even if you do make me mad sometimes LOLOLOL
I'm having a 'brain foggy day' today, so if I've totally misunderstood what you're saying put me right .. which I've noooo doubt you will

When I first came into Spiritualism and started my development I was taught by a woman who is very much part of the SNU, who DO differentiate between psychics and mediums. And part of that development was learning to distinguish what you were getting psychically and what was mediumistic. Now that (apart from trust) is one if not THE, biggest lesson to learn as a developing medium.

During that development came self awareness, personal responsibility, and spiritual growth which allows .. yes ALLOWS for the minds expansion, and understanding, quickly becoming a sponge for further knowledge. Did I get that knowledge from books? Nope. And why not when before all this I was an avid reader? Simple answer I couldn't. They were other people's views, opinions, thruths. I'd started listening to MY higher C, my intuition, my guides .. and my dad who'd passed to spirit years before when I was 21. Blimey I talk to him more now than when he was on the earth plane! anyway by the by. Suddenly I'm fully aware that we're all a part of the great I Am. that in actual fact Mediumship is secondary to what I was being taught. It's who I AM. Julianne, and all I'm doing is tapping into what I'm a part of. Consciousness. And that's the same for both mediumistic or psychic 'reads'. The only difference is you're working on a lower vibration when reading psychically. Fortuantely all my training has taught me the diference.

After much agonising soul searching my truths have completely turned around. And the one thing I am proud of .. and I'll say this mac till I'm blue in the face .. I have the ability to expand and grow day by day. If I'm on here for instance and something resonates well with me, I can take that on board work with it, and you can guarantee within a few days something will happen somewhere to confirm what I'm feeling is right for me .. you see what I'm saying? I have my truth, and that truth stays with me but allows for change, allows for expansion and growth

I'm proud of the fact that even though I may not have the verbiage (I do so like that word! lol) of some other people on this forum, I'm still able to express my thoughts in a down to earth manner. I suppose I feel lucky (?) hm wrong word really when everything is perfect in the moment so there is no luck lol - but you get what I'm saying .. that I had the training I had, in understanding the difference when linking in on a psychic vibration and a mediumistic vibration. When I do a mediumistic read I liken it to being the telephone wire. The sitter and spirit are both holding a handset and I'm the wire inbetween. Simples.

Where do I stand now? When I'm 'reading' (that's what I was taught, many moons ago, and nope I can't get out of the habit lol) I'll give info 'psychically' or 'mediumistically' ALWAYS with respect for the sitter and spirit, providing evidence that I am actually communicating with a loved one, bringing messages of whatever's needed at that time in a sitters life.

Ok am shushing now I've gone on farrrr too long, sorry to have bored the pants off you all, I just couldn't stop typing!! lol

Lots of love light and laughter. Jules
Old 30-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Knower

Oh lawks!! There we are there is a nice north south balance to the thread ;)

Verbiage.. great word love it! Have to say in the last two or three years I have completely lost the ability to express myself as succinctly as I used to... can never get my point across and always end up saying "you know what I mean?" ... drives me nuts actually :)

Clearer definitions would help those seeking so much, but then no one will agree but it could help one or many, whatever the number it doesnt matter :)
Old 30-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Jules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbie
Oh lawks!! There we are there is a nice north south balance to the thread ;)

Verbiage.. great word love it! Have to say in the last two or three years I have completely lost the ability to express myself as succinctly as I used to... can never get my point across and always end up saying "you know what I mean?" ... drives me nuts actually :)

Clearer definitions would help those seeking so much, but then no one will agree but it could help one or many, whatever the number it doesnt matter :)
Orbieeee I know zackly what you mean! H says it all the time and it drives me crackers!!! lol. But in all honesty there's days and days when I'm the same. Can't get words out, can't think straight,
I shall take on board what you have said, and next time I post, I shall try to be clearer in the way I'm explaining anything. Okie dokies? xx
Old 30-10-2010, 02:04 PM
mac

Jules - we're both Spiritualists and I'm delighted that you're happy with everything that's happened in your spiritual development.

But this forum is not the 'Spiritualism' forum and I now don't approach the subject of mediumship solely from a (Modern) Spiritualist perspective. That's why I made the points I did.

In the recent past I've had many angry people telling me off (even certain moderators too) for upsetting others by pointing out that postings about 'mediumship' were in the wrong forums or that they weren't about mediumship so much as psychic/auric reading.

I've accepted that many don't differentiate and that our mediumship is an altogether different beast from their mediumship.

NOW.....if this topic thread had been started in the 'Spiritualism' forum I'd be talking evidential mediumship and would firmly be challenging all those who posted there from any perspective other than Spiritualist.

I think that's a fair position, don't you?

As a moderator you'll know all this of course and I'm not telling you what you already know but it's intended to clarify the position for other contributors.
Old 30-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Jules

I've got to go out now, BUT i'll reply to this when I'm back home L & L x
Old 30-10-2010, 02:38 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
I've got to go out now, BUT i'll reply to this when I'm back home L & L x

I shall look forward to it, Jules. Always good to get a lively interchange of thoughts....
Old 30-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Knower

Hi Jules.. no hun didnt mean you lacked clarity in your posts nooo!! I was just doing my usual waffly pondering thing :) My point about clearer definitions was referring to Mac's earlier post hun.
Old 30-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Enya

Lovely clear response Jules. I can resonate with it.