Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 26-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
speaking of disabilities, limitations.... have you heard of Grandma Chandra
Multiply handicapped yet a world teacher- gifted healer when in her teens

pretty amazing tale .. she cannot walk or really talk, and communicates telepathically through her mother, and others she's taught as I believe

http://www.psychicchildren.co.uk/1-6...maChandra.html

"Chandra has also retained all the knowledge from her past lives and is able to communicate with dolphins, whales and ET's. She even told the audience at the conference that she was not human, but a 12th dimensional ET!"

Well that's incredible Henri77…there is nothing here I don’t believe, thanks for sharing. I did meet some really crippled up people when working within the disability field, not gifted like this but very special all the same, some of these people are an inspiration to us all if one cares to know!!...thanks a heap for sharing!!

Love
Mathew
Old 26-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Henri77

Most of us have ego issues of one sort or another...

When it interferes with loves expression is when it causes our soul to suffer, by separating us from source, IMO
Old 26-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Henri77

Apparently she wants to help parents of similar children, so they can learn to telepathically connect to those children ,isolated in clinics, hospitals, those who seem disconnected from our physical world.

this video is rather interesting, moreso about her, than the incident it discusses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFRNH...feature=relmfu

More interesting facts on her gifts-work...
http://www.grandmachandra.com/grandm...as-life-story/

Many gifted youth have no website, following, but are contributing in their own way ,even if not as advanced as she is.
Also many autistic kids are living in a spiritual-telepathic reality rather than the primarily verbal one we inhabit.
Old 26-09-2012, 12:34 AM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Most of us have ego issues of one sort or another...

When it interferes with loves expression is when it causes our soul to suffer, by separating us from source, IMO

Well I believe that we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for our ego, it's a fundamental part of our existence in this reality, this reality wouldn't exist without the ego & I don't mean this physical world just the reality in this physical world. I do believe in the neg/pos ego thing.

Example: Entertainers need, at times, a big ego to perform at their best which we, the audience, appreciate through their performance. Another one is helping others & asking nothing back, it's still egotistically driven but in quite a different way than that of the neg ego person, the neg ego person would want more than they give.

Yes we are the ego but which one we want to be is up to us which reflects back onto the world around us, a little more pos ego dominance for once in the world would be nice.

Love
Mathew
Old 26-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Master
It occurs to me right now, that 'ego' isn't so much about what we do or how much we know but about what our priority is in where we come from in ourselves, each moment of our lives.

We may live from our conditioned surface self with its multiple facets, attachments, projections and defenses... or from our inner being in its singular whole presence. As I see it, that's the only real choice there is.

Xan

Old 26-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Henri77

Yeah, of course... it's all about balance
YET the spiritual focused path has different attributes-goals than someone
like Oprah or Cher who don't live in a cave-hermitige.

They balance apparent ego with love. IMO
as do many great performing artists in many diciplines ...many who are actually quite (inwardly) humble about their gifts. I've certainly met a few like that
Well known dancer-choreographers, composers, musicians.

Actually I question if a "big" ego is requisite,,,,,for a performer.... confidence, passion yes..... and love helps immensely, love for what they do. Many great actors are a bit shy, somewhat introverted, and transform when they perform.
Robt. DiNero admits this , as have others.

YES...Many DO fall for the attention, and forget who they really are. Lesser talents need a strong ego drive to compete. Those with less than blazing talent.

It was fun seeing Oprah with Eckhart Tolle, in their 10 wk web seminar..... a hugely powerful successful woman.... and how she controlled the reins of her ego when disscusing topics with him. She's very outspoken, he's very restrained...and it was fun to see the exchange.... and how she tended to speak for him too often, rather than encourage his talk... or defend her acts when he mentioned certain qualities. Most interviewers avoid this... but it really challenged her, to shut up & listen-let him talk.
Regardless it was very successful, for them both....and informative to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Well I believe that we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for our ego, it's a fundamental part of our existence in this reality, this reality wouldn't exist without the ego & I don't mean this physical world just the reality in this physical world. I do believe in the neg/pos ego thing.

Example: Entertainers need, at times, a big ego to perform at their best which we, the audience, appreciate through their performance. Another one is helping others & asking nothing back, it's still egotistically driven but in quite a different way than that of the neg ego person, the neg ego person would want more than they give.

Yes we are the ego but which one we want to be is up to us which reflects back onto the world around us, a little more pos ego dominance for once in the world would be nice.

Love
Mathew
Old 26-09-2012, 12:54 AM
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
It occurs to me right now, that 'ego' isn't so much about what we do or how much we know but about what our priority is in where we come from in ourselves, each moment of our lives.

We may live from our conditioned surface self with its multiple facets, attachments, projections and defenses... or from our inner being in its singular whole presence. As I see it, that's the only real choice there is.

Xan

Yep priority is a good one, if your priorities are for the self only this is only going to lead to selfishness which is very unproductive for the rest of humanity. You can have someone who know all for real but the egotistical priorities is for the good of all man kind, knowing all doesn't necessarily automatically lead you to the neg aspects of the ego but I do see a lot more knowing people with bad priorities than good. Look at the corruption in the world for starters, it has escalated just in my 49 yrs, why? Knowing has come easy especially through the internet, if one doesn't know one isn't likely to be corrupt or corrupted. Just one example!!

Love
Mathew
Old 26-09-2012, 01:03 AM
Master
ah well... the media explosion...

I don't see knowing lots of information as the cause of corruption, but our overall imbalance has gotten us overly involved with that aspect of our minds, and corruption follows imbalance.

Xan

Old 26-09-2012, 01:03 AM
Master
Could it be that the 'inner being' one experiences when deciding to live from there, is in fact the conditioned self? Let's face it, it has to be a possibility.

The light destroys darkness by exposing it. All the darkness can do is notice this. It can't choose it or become it.
Old 26-09-2012, 01:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Could it be that the 'inner being' one experiences when deciding to live from there, is in fact the conditioned self? Let's face it, it has to be a possibility.

The light destroys darkness by exposing it. All the darkness can do is notice this. It can't choose it or become it.

What are the qualities of the conditioned self and those of the inner being?... if there are indeed differences.

Facing the question would be essential, in my view. In all self-honesty... what is this really?

Xan

Closed Thread