Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 01-12-2010, 02:56 AM
Master
Bringing this up...

Old 08-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
THREE STEPS

into your true nature

This simple meditation brings you into the quietness of your inner self, your true nature.

Take a few minutes or longer for the first two steps. In fact, you may need to stay with Step One for a few days or even weeks, until you feel ready to move into the quiet.

STEP ONE

*Bring your attention down from your head and into your lower belly.
*Breathe into your belly, breathing each out-breath with a gentle sigh.
*Notice whatever you feel and allow yourself to accept it as it is.

If your attention goes back up into your head just bring it down again, accepting and breathing.

Notice your mind slowing down, and continue breathing as you become more relaxed.

S
TEP TWO
*Breathe down and inward a little deeper, and notice the open quiet space.
*Then breathe into this silent openness… until you feel a kind of settling in.

S
TEP THREE
*As you breathe in the quietness, allow your awareness to expand upward and inward, including your silent inner heart, deep in your chest.

If you get distracted, or feel any discomfort or tension, come back to the all-important Step One… simply breathing and accepting. Then follow with steps Two and Three.

You may need to practice Step One alone for some time before moving on to the other steps.

As you practice this meditation regularly - at least 10 to 20 minutes a day - accepting will become more familiar, and you will ease more deeply into the quiet and the inner heart.

SIMPLE YET POWERFUL

Acceptance is a gentle deep power. It is the key to becoming free from tension, stress, conflict and self-evaluation in the conditioned mind. Accepting helps us meet our challenges more effectively and feel more enjoyment in our lives. It opens the mind and heart.

Conscious Breathing centers us and calms the mind and nervous system. With consistent practice it can balance our body-minds and align our energies. Through it we may release and heal negative patterns from the past, and open to fuller awareness in the present moment.

Belly Breathing connects us within ourselves in a real way. It can free us from the habit of over-involvement in the excessive thinking of the head mind. It also activates energy from the body center, the hara, for improved health and well-being and it integrates the changes of spiritual awakening.

Silence is the quality of our own true Self. In it we feel the peace of our soul and spirit.

Inner Heart is the pure love for-no-reason that best expresses our spiritual Self. The outer, emotional heart often carries hurt and self-protection, but the inner Heart is always pure and whole. In our deep true Heart we are always safe.

Heart Breathing practice leads to a sense of genuine connectedness within ourselves and with others. This increases our experiences of lightness, sweetness, happiness, beauty and compassion in our true nature.

This is a meditation practice that can also be used during daily activities, keeping a little attention in your breathing within whatever else you might be doing.

Please feel free to ask questions, here or in PM.

blessings
Xan

As a relative novice to meditation, I would like to recommend this practice to anyone starting out. It is a simple but very effective method of learning more about your inner self ..... thanks Xan.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Master
You're most welcome, Soul.

Oddly enough, the simple methods we need when we are novices are often the same ones we use all the way along. The further we go the simpler it gets, and deeper.

Xan

Old 24-01-2011, 06:30 AM
Master
bringing this up...

Old 13-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Master
bringing this up...

Old 28-03-2011, 07:17 AM
Master
bringing this up...

Old 07-04-2011, 04:44 AM
Master
and once again...

Old 07-04-2011, 05:50 AM
windwhistle

I really like this...anything simple works for me. I'm going to do it now. I like being able to physically shift from head to belly. Thank you.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Thirteen

This has helped me so much Xan. I was looking for something else today and found this, and for a second I pondered and found this was what I had been doing, and what I needed to do more of.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:39 AM
Felynx

Nice thread!
I do this naturally, but without the breathing technique. Thank you.