Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Charlie... You've had many good responses to your beautiful post.

I find that forgiving with compassion is the best attitude and energy I can give, for those who have not yet begun their paths of inner discovery.

My way --- breathe, accept, let go... each moment.

Xan

I certainly have!

I must remember to breathe before I react mentally, to give my reaction space. Though to do that in every moment, including the tougher times, is hard.
Old 13-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Charliemcsnarly

Also it's about developing compassion, which I'm working on.
Old 13-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Archangel Ivory

The thing is, they don't see it, if they see or feel the connectedness of all things, do you think they'll be still be doing what they are doing? Absolutely not! It's their life path yet. There might have been a time when you were like that. Lol. The universe is ever perfect. Enjoy they ride and transcend ego.
Much Love
Old 14-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliemcsnarly
I must remember to breathe before I react mentally, to give my reaction space. Though to do that in every moment, including the tougher times, is hard.

Yes, it takes practice in conscious breathing, best done in every day life so when tough times arise you're ready for them.

I call it Breathing Within... being aware in your breathing and the open space of your inner being. It helps so much in so many ways it's unimaginable.

Xan

Old 15-05-2012, 05:17 PM
DeepForest

My post may resemble some other answers here.

When I am in the unconditional love mode (and I am not in it all the time), I have then realized something allowing my love flow in every direction. Think of a cup containing water. Suddenly the cup vanishes but the water is still present. Now the water is released and it flows uncontrolled in every direction as there is no cup to hold it within anymore. My love has no awareness of where it flows. It just flows. An important point is that I do not exercise control over the love, so I have no need to bother who gets it – annoying or pleasant people, people or objects.

When unconditional love still is a mental idea, then we hold our love in the cup – we speculate about how to restrict, or how to not restrict the love. When the love instead is a practical action born out of a present realization, then the we have no concerns, we are just joyously loving everyone and everything.

I would exchange "love" for "friendliness", "well-meaningness" and "contentedness" even if this state may give rise to more intense feelings from time to time. I also think the unconditional love is more of a passive state just coloring our every action, and choice of action.
Old 15-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Master
Well said, Deep Forest.

I like this especially...
My love has no awareness of where it flows. It just flows.

Xan

Old 15-05-2012, 06:52 PM
DeepForest

from the depth of the forest !
Old 15-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Thank you Xan and Deepforest. Deepforest your explanation was fantastic.

Today I had a small insight. For a moment I really felt the 'we see together', and how everyone is on their own path, and that it is really my perception that others may be less further along, as we don't really know for sure, I too show traits of being naive at times, probably more often than not. :)

And I had a wave of compassion that told me to inspire others and also learn from them as everyone has something to teach. That way we turn it around from conflicting relationships to uplifting ones.

I also felt a little ashamed of my egoic petulance that shows up quite often.
Old 15-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Master
Ah charlie... feeling ashamed of your ego is also ego, isn't it. Accepting is the key to getting free.

In my view naive means open mind, open heart. The best possible way for the personal mind to be.

Xan

Old 15-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Ah charlie... feeling ashamed of your ego is also ego, isn't it. Accepting is the key to getting free.

In my view naive means open mind, open heart. The best possible way for the personal mind to be.

Xan

Yes I suppose it is Although I think ashamed was probably the wrong word for it. I saw it for what it was I guess, unhelpful and unskillful. That's not to say I don't still feel shame from time to time, something I need to let go of.