Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 06-05-2012, 04:36 AM
Master
Soul Gazing - spiritual intimacy, outward focus meditation

Soul gazing is a mutual, spiritually intimate activity where you look into another person’s eyes to see
their inner self. When doing this, you will see aspects of who they are, often aspects that do not show
externally. This is basically a mediation with an outward focus, that focus being another’s inner self.

The main purpose is to share who you really are. In addition to being seen, you will get to see more of
who another person is. You have many internal aspects so repeated sessions will continue showing
new aspects. These aspects show up as masks over the face (and head). Rarely more full body
changes are seen. The faces are more symbolic or representative in character to show the nature of
each aspect. Though mostly humanoid, it is not uncommon to see animal or other non-human faces.
Do not interpret this as they are not human, only that they have aspects that are like those creatures.
Often these will be the same species as their totem animal or animal spirit guides. For example a wolf
face would indicate a powerful and wild aspect to their nature. Note that for beginners, there is no
control over which aspects of yourself will come to the surface.

This is not recommended for those trying to hide who they are or between people who do not trust
the each other.

NEEDS:
-two people (physical beings) with eyes.
… they must able to sit still for a few minutes
… they must be willing to be (truly) seen
-quiet space
… big enough to sit facing each other ~5 feet apart
-comfortable furniture or cushions to sit on, it works best if your eye levels are at the same height
… there can be stuff between you as long as the entire head and shoulder are visible
-dim to moderate lighting,
… enough to clearly see each other but not overly bright or shining directly in someone’s eyes
… white light preferred
… steady illumination important
… positioned so it illuminates both faces but does not glare in the eyes
… a single candle between you works well if it does not flicker

PROCEDURE:
1) prearrange a physical signal to indicate when you are actively focused on the other person and
when you are just looking
… the best one I have found is palms up for focus and palms down for looking
2) lower lighting so you can easily see each other’s faces but there is no glare in anyone’s eyes
… a single candle between you with no other lighting works well if there is no breeze (flickering is
to be avoided)
3) sit across from each other so that both of you can look directly into the other’s eyes
… eyes should be at the same height as much as possible
4) place signal (hand) off to the side where the other person can see it but not directly between you
5) start with the ‘looking’ signal to indicate you see them but are not focusing on them
6) look at the other person’s eyes
7) when you feel ready (may take seconds or a couple of minutes), change the signal to focus and
really try look deep inside the other person through their eyes to see what is inside
8 ) try not to move much when the other person has the focus signal indicated, moving will disrupt
their focus
9) while the other person has the focus signal indicated, continue looking at them even if you are
‘done’, closing the eyes or looking away breaks the connection and can be quite jolting to the person
focusing on you
10) there is a tendency to not blink while focusing, most people’s eyes will start to burn if they stop
blinking too long, if you feel the burn while the other person is focusing, blink several times rather
than shut your eyes (as per above warning)
11) it is natural to stare while doing this, it is not a problem and to be expected
12) as you gaze into their eyes, you will see their face change often very dramatically so try not to be
startled, faces linger usually for 20-60 seconds, start with just minute or two until you get used to the
effect,
13) when you have seen enough, stop focusing and just look into their eyes, change your signal back
to looking
14) if the other person is still signaling focusing, you can resume by restarting at step 7
15) when both people signal looking again (neither are focusing), break eye contact ending the session

ADVANCED TECHNIQUES:
-use energy to illuminate the other person to better see them, the easiest is from the palm of the
hand like a flashlight (torch)
-those with the ability to shift their presence, bring specific internal aspects to the surface so they can
be seen
-have one person do remote viewing or mental projection (or other OBE), watch to see how they
change while ‘elsewhere’
-dance very slowly (maintain distance, no touching), circling each other works best
Old 06-05-2012, 08:17 AM
silent whisper

This is interesting wstein...it explains a recent face to face connection I had with someone recently and what they were seeing in me and what they were describing to me...We were intimately immersed in a similar space and it opened up in that space of truth and honesty nothing hidden...space. What interested me was she was seeing a visual shift..I was connecting through a sensing space...of her emotional space...I was the one guiding her at that point...and she opened to see me and was describing what she was seeing in the changes in my face...
Old 06-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Buzz

Sometimes I find it beneficial to get the silly questions out of the way first. Like, why would one want to see another when one would probably be better served seeing oneself. I find more understanding revealed when awareness is working inwardly rather than the opposite.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:30 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Sometimes I find it beneficial to get the silly questions out of the way first. Like, why would one want to see another when one would probably be better served seeing oneself. I find more understanding revealed when awareness is working inwardly rather than the opposite.

If you consider this exercise as one with the other and nothing hidden buzz, I imagine the inward working will activate itself..if one is open that is....sometimes these reflections allow us to see ourselves at a deeper level of intimacy with another..
Old 06-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
The principle part of this is intimacy with another person to see who THEY are and share who you are with them. To a lesser extent it brings to surface the connection you share with ALL existence. Like all meditation, if you go deep enough you reach the unity beneath the surface illusion.

Your only goal seems to be to get to know yourself. This is a chance to get an ‘outside’ perspective. Even though an inner perspective is usually more comprehensive and ‘deeper’, even a basic alternate point of view can sometimes see things very hard to see about yourself. One of those things is how you project yourself into the world, your masks.

Another side benefit is that any eyes open meditation helps you integrate the benefits of meditation into your life. With eyes closed meditation, many of the peaceful and well being benefits disappear when you open your eyes (in order to go back to your life).
Old 06-05-2012, 11:18 PM
silent whisper

[quote=wstein]The principle part of this is intimacy with another person to see who THEY are and share who you are with them. To a lesser extent it brings to surface the connection you share with ALL existence. Like all meditation, if you go deep enough you reach the unity beneath the surface illusion.

Your only goal seems to be to get to know yourself. This is a chance to get an ‘outside’ perspective. Even though an inner perspective is usually more comprehensive and ‘deeper’, even a basic alternate point of view can sometimes see things very hard to see about yourself. One of those things is how you project yourself into the world, your masks.

Another side benefit is that any eyes open meditation helps you integrate the benefits of meditation into your life. With eyes closed meditation, many of the peaceful and well being benefits disappear when you open your eyes (in order to go back to your life).[/QUOTE]

This is something to ponder on..
Old 07-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Suspended
Hiya wstein

It sounds amazing....and very very scary. I doubt I'd ever be that close to another to feel OK with soul gazing. Guess that says heaps about me.

Thank you for sharing.

Squatch