Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 14-01-2007, 06:39 AM
OceanWaves19161

Seing colours whilst meditating

Hey:)

When your meditating why do you start seeing colours. Is it to do with healing or chakra's or what?

Alana
Old 14-01-2007, 11:50 AM
~Jay~

Hi Oceanwaves,

I'm not certain why we see colours to be honest, but it could just be a 'symptom' of us raising our vibrations and expanding our awareness, similar to us seeing geometric type patterns, swirls and other shapes too.

Often when I close my eyes I will get an ever-decreasing spiral of light with a large, bright patch of purple in the centre. It's like walking through a tunnel backwards, lol. I was told by someone that this was a fairly common occurance, and meant your third eye was open & working properly. Has anyone else had this happen?

Sorry I can't be of any more help!
Old 14-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Master
I see light often...sometimes when I lie down at night it's so bright I have trouble going to sleep.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 14-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Guide

ocean, the reason you see colors while you meditate is due to that fact that by meditating you are raising your consciousness to a place where energy is perceived with color and you are seeing this with your mind's eye, though, of course, it can be seen with eyes open by some, as well.

When you raise it up, as I say, you may see colors, shapes, symbols and hear sounds, voices and even music/singing of sorts. Lots of fun experiences wait for you if you continue.
Chadley.
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi
Old 21-01-2007, 06:32 PM
dark_veil

yes I often see colours, mainly red, yellow green or purple when its purple it kind of washes over my entirety and I dont want it to end

~dark veil~
Old 22-01-2007, 01:25 AM
GoldChord

Hello,

Yep - the two threads are paralleling each other here - Daisy (on the colours thread) and Ocean Waves are getting into the colours. As I said on the other thread - you should be seeing colours through your third eye. If you aren't, don't stress - there many different experiences and many different paths back to the source. But seeing colours is a really good sign that you are travelling onwards and upwards. It is your path to the realm of light and spirit. You might also be getting that warm floaty feeling as well which is more than a calm meditative zone. I get the feeling of it in bursts - like an electircal charge of energy through my body that feels wonderful. Keep going with the colours - eventually you should be able to see other things as well - maybe a past life - or if you are really attuned you might get a glimpse of higher realm/s.

Take care
Old 22-01-2007, 01:49 AM
Deactivated Account
yeah i'm following this thread too with interest thanks guysxxx
Old 22-01-2007, 06:11 AM
rose

speaking of electrical bursts...does anyone else set of those shop lifting alarms at the entrance of shops? it's happened a few times now and is really embarrassing. as i obviously haven't taken anything!
Old 30-01-2007, 02:26 AM
pure

Great discussion, i have had some peaceful experiences, through meditation. Most of the time they are very hazy. But the experience was amazing nonetheless. I have a question how can i raise my awareness so that ill have more clarity in my meditation excercises. I look forward to my meditation practices, as im only practicing for 15 mins a day. But eventually i plan to spend more time in meditation.

Have a great day/night..

~Pure~
Old 30-01-2007, 06:27 PM
deltawaves

Hi Jaycee,

My third eye glows violet just like you described all the time too. When I first started seeing it after joining a meditation group years ago I thought my eyes were playing up, but now I love it and see it as my inner sight tickign over beautifully. Last week I was laying in bed at night with my eyes closed not being able to sleep so I was just watching the purple flash move in and out it was mesmerising, then I opened my eyes and it was still there. Made me realise it is always there but in the bright of day I often overlook seeing it.
Closed Thread