Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 01-03-2018, 07:19 AM
Knower

Do people ever come to you to tell you to do something in your dream as if they are

Do people ever come to you to tell you to do something in your dream as if they are speaking to your awake self? They tell you something important that you remember vividly in the morning? I used to not listen, now I do...usually if it seems easy enough. If you get a sign from a dream do you listen? Does it work out well? When I used to have warning dreams and I ignored them the warnings they told me came true. Now I no longer get many warning dreams, moreso advice from dreams which I'm asked to follow; it's always in a very peaceful grounded way that I can feel in my dream wishes to help me so I will sometimes take the advice which usually turns out into a stressful situation; not bad; mostly good...just usually anxiety inducing or stressful otherwise. Now I'm sure many people will say dreams are just dreams, except they arn't...my dreams will often come true; I experience deja vu often where old dreams match up with present and dream stories and usually visuals work out or show up how the dreams were, but the advice dreams don't show how it will end. Should I follow the advice? Do you? Any people with similar experiences here? I'd love to hear.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Master
Crosby, Stills, Nash (& Young) || Woodstock (We Are Stardust) (from Déjà Vu,1970)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nivr4YZzzME

(according to scientific theory) every atom here on earth was composed within the heart
of some star someplace else. our physical forms are constructed from that 'stardust'.
i sometimes think of this planet as a 'great meeting place', where energies from far off
worlds might meet and interact for a time. not all the stuff here has come from the same
direction, and those different backgrounds can provide fabulous opportunities for learning.
i'm thinking that your dreamtime experiences may be atypical for most people... but that
doesn't make them invalid, it makes them fascinating.
it may be a good idea for you to come to a better understanding of where your dream
advice is coming from. is it a 'spiritual adviser', or your 'higher self'?
i can't answer most of your questions.
"Should I follow the advice?"
i'd advise you to 'follow your heart'... if it feels good inside, then proceed.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:09 PM
Knower

Hmm I believe in that theory, you know it's strange many times I feel I have a moment of perfect clarity or knowing something important and vital without being told I will look up at the stars prior and feel it in that instant or mentally raise my energy up to the stars to bring their light down to me. XD I think we are both of the earth and the stars.

That's beautiful advice, but there are varying degrees of what feels good. Cocaine might feel good; gives those warm fuzzies but shouldn't partake for most anyone's best interest and cleaning my house feels ****ty but it must be done and feels great when it's wrapped up. That's a pretty obvious exaggeration but It's sometimes hard to tell if my desire is true from my heart or from my ever hungry human ego. Also many times I feel I get an urge to do good for someone else and that feels good in my heart but it blows up in my face in the end (usually goes well, but this is especially true for when I feel sorry for someone and carry them in my heart but someone who needs more than I feel I can give, I give it anyway, it just goes horribly wrong...maybe this is just a lesson a self care before all. -__-

I feel most times it is likely coming from my higher self in the dream realm. Their energy feels like mine but perhaps both more grounded, ethereal, and more wise at once...The advice given seems to be in my own best interest. They come through me in different forms though, but then again I believe the guides make up my higher self. I just sometimes think of maybe there is truth in what the majority believes and consider maybe the dream realm a pretty invalid source of logic, but I can also remember how ignoring dream signs also went badly.

Anywho would be interesting to see if someone else experiences the same, maybe it's just something most people wouldn't talk about to another in real life. XD
Old 01-03-2018, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator
So I read an article on depression and the effects dreams have on it. They were implying that dreams are mainly a product of left over unresolved emotions from the day before. That they are there to finish the story so to speak. You know the old saying, don't go to bed angry. It is based on that where the brain will work to release the angry through a dream. But dreaming they say keeps us in REM sleep and it doesn't afford us deep restorative sleep thus causing depressed people to dream more and wake up tired perpetuating the feelings of being depressed and unmotivated. So they suggest treatments that eliminate dreaming. I was astounded when I read that. I can agree that odds are that depressed people dream more because they are trying to sort themselves out but to say that dreams are merely about the brain finishing an emotional release I think does dreams a real disservice. I do think they not only help us sort through the things that bother us but also help give us clues to where we should go in life. What we should do next. What we should look out for. I know for me if I ask questions before bed I will usually get my answers through my dreams. So I fully suspect that your dreams are your soul communications prodding you in directions your human brain might be too afraid to do otherwise. Sounds like they have your back if things always work out to your benefit. So I personally don't believe you should worry about what others think you should or shouldn't do. They are your dreams and it seems like you have a really good repertoire with them. You may be using them in a more advanced way than most people but that doesn't make it wrong or anything. If you aren't already, maybe even try to interact more with them by asking questions before bed and see what pops up. They seem cool to me. I'd like to have ones like that too.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:39 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
So I read an article on depression and the effects dreams have on it. They were implying that dreams are mainly a product of left over unresolved emotions from the day before. That they are there to finish the story so to speak. You know the old saying, don't go to bed angry. It is based on that where the brain will work to release the angry through a dream. But dreaming they say keeps us in REM sleep and it doesn't afford us deep restorative sleep thus causing depressed people to dream more and wake up tired perpetuating the feelings of being depressed and unmotivated. So they suggest treatments that eliminate dreaming. I was astounded when I read that. I can agree that odds are that depressed people dream more because they are trying to sort themselves out but to say that dreams are merely about the brain finishing an emotional release I think does dreams a real disservice. I do think they not only help us sort through the things that bother us but also help give us clues to where we should go in life. What we should do next. What we should look out for. I know for me if I ask questions before bed I will usually get my answers through my dreams. So I fully suspect that your dreams are your soul communications prodding you in directions your human brain might be too afraid to do otherwise. Sounds like they have your back if things always work out to your benefit. So I personally don't believe you should worry about what others think you should or shouldn't do. They are your dreams and it seems like you have a really good repertoire with them. You may be using them in a more advanced way than most people but that doesn't make it wrong or anything. If you aren't already, maybe even try to interact more with them by asking questions before bed and see what pops up. They seem cool to me. I'd like to have ones like that too.

Thanks :) I do that (ask for an answer or sign in my dream) when I am desperate for help, and I will get one. I just am confused by the nature of dreams sometimes. The warning ones I used to have always came up true, but I wouldn't say the advice ones are always to my benefit. I don't know yet...I started getting the advice dreams for me to follow in the recent years, I'll ignore or forget to implement about half; the ones I do act on usually work out very strangely; very unusual syncronicities and a magical feeling to it. I can't tell if it is good as it usually dosn't work out the way I hoped it would. I wonder the reason behind; to make me a happier person or to force more hardship and spiritual growth upon me. XD
Old 01-03-2018, 04:02 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E

(according to scientific theory) every atom here on earth was composed within the heart
of some star someplace else. our physical forms are constructed from that 'stardust'.
i sometimes think of this planet as a 'great meeting place', where energies from far off
worlds might meet and interact for a time. not all the stuff here has come from the same
direction, and those different backgrounds can provide fabulous opportunities for learning.
i'm thinking that your dreamtime experiences may be atypical for most people... but that
doesn't make them invalid, it makes them fascinating.
it may be a good idea for you to come to a better understanding of where your dream
advice is coming from. is it a 'spiritual adviser', or your 'higher self'?
i can't answer most of your questions.

That's fascinating, I like the way you think.

Paperw1ngs: That is a great question. I haven't come across too many people that are told to "do something" in their dreams. I would advise to go with your gut or intuition on this. How do the dreams make you feel? If they feel right, why not? As long as you're not hurting anyone, follow the most benign advice and see how it goes. It sounds like you are being given spiritual wisdom. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:37 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headintheclouds
That's fascinating, I like the way you think.

Paperw1ngs: That is a great question. I haven't come across too many people that are told to "do something" in their dreams. I would advise to go with your gut or intuition on this. How do the dreams make you feel? If they feel right, why not? As long as you're not hurting anyone, follow the most benign advice and see how it goes. It sounds like you are being given spiritual wisdom. Nothing wrong with that.

Thanks; the meeting with the person is usually very brief...usually I just feel open and receptive in the dream listening intently with eyes wide open as their energy feels very clear and helpful and well intentioned...although sometimes I recieve messages as to what I need to do or be aware of when I'm held up in that sort of black space between dream and waking life. Then it's a little intimidating as the energy coming through or lack of feels completely nuetral almost like no one is giving the message to me but it's just there. I follow the advice sometimes, maybe not most of the time; and it turns out ok with alot of sort of preplanned maybe deja vu or magical feeling to it. It's usually things that relate to me can be as simple as reading a specific book i'd never read before (I didn't really follow through on that), going to a certain place, meeting with someone, speaking with someone i didn't plan on speaking to, healing etc. If it involves others it usually pertains to healing them somehow. Thanks yeah it feels quite normal, but also strange, I really feel theres others here who experiences this too!
Old 01-03-2018, 05:46 PM
Seeker

When I began lucid dreaming I started to get warnings to stop which escalated into threats against my family if I didn't comply.

So I wouldn't trust everyone/everything that gives you advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E

Except for Horace of course; this is excellent advice!

Learning lucid dreaming and practising asking myself if I'm dreaming enough times throughout the day that it eventually makes itself into my dreams to trigger the realisation that I'm dreaming was going well.
Taking complete control of my nightmares and turning them on their head was fun too, and I could always just escape to another place if need be or simply wake up at will. Flying was a blast!

It was once I started practising teleportation to specific places and getting good at it that the warnings started, and later became threats..
I was still in school at the time and studying to pass so I eventually stopped dreaming and focused on "real life" but I've always wanted to start again at some point.

I would love to know how to meet positive beings and avoid negative or those on the mischievous or trickster spectrum (though I'll admit that I can be a bit like that myself sometimes so perhaps it comes down to my own attitude??).

Also, once I started lucid dreaming I stopped having real dreams as every single dream became a playground of my own making, so I'm not sure how beneficial it really was in the end..
Old 01-03-2018, 06:22 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
When I began lucid dreaming I started to get warnings to stop which escalated into threats against my family if I didn't comply.

So I wouldn't trust everyone/everything that gives you advice.

Except for Horace of course; this is excellent advice!

Learning lucid dreaming and practising asking myself if I'm dreaming enough times throughout the day that it eventually makes itself into my dreams to trigger the realisation that I'm dreaming was going well.
Taking complete control of my nightmares and turning them on their head was fun too, and I could always just escape to another place if need be or simply wake up at will. Flying was a blast!

It was once I started practising teleportation to specific places and getting good at it that the warnings started, and later became threats..
I was still in school at the time and studying to pass so I eventually stopped dreaming and focused on "real life" but I've always wanted to start again at some point.

I would love to know how to meet positive beings and avoid negative or those on the mischievous or trickster spectrum (though I'll admit that I can be a bit like that myself sometimes so perhaps it comes down to my own attitude??).

Also, once I started lucid dreaming I stopped having real dreams as every single dream became a playground of my own making, so I'm not sure how beneficial it really was in the end..

Hmm I don't believe I lucid dream and I ignored every warning I ever got and no threats. The messages are always peaceful. Also the things they warned of happened. These were mostly about people I was involved with. I can also escape and wake myself up from nightmares, but honestly I don't think I have an interest in lucid dreams, I moreso like to experience the dreams as they come as I feel more of a freedom in that than in trying to control the outcome of my dreams. I take each dream as a sign or message of my unconscious which I shouldn't ignore or alter, but honestly I am curious about it and wonder what the dream nature becomes is when you're in control. Honestly; the only person I've ever met that said he practiced teleportation was a very dark energy and very good at shapeshifting in dreams. He entered my dreams before; and I could sense a dark energy with me after I left his company. Something about it dosn't feel right to me.

Anywho; when it comes to spirits and such; I've encountered many positive light beings in my life and 2 dark spirits. One from playing with a ouija board as a kid (me and my friend both saw him and he stalked her for a bit and messed with her quite a bit, he moreso just told showed up at the foot of my bed and gave the word knave into my mind (old word for trickster) and another in a vunerable time of my life feeling helpless and trying to make new weird friends in a strange city. Also my empath abilities were in full swing at the time so I was on a mission to heal every broken person I ran into with little consideration for myself. I met a guy who initially seemed very interesting but once he realized I wasn't really all that interested in him scared me beyond belief with his intimidation and what he believes was mind control or "spiritual ninja skill" as he called it. He literally told me afterwards of asking what happened that he cast a spell on me and was using intimidation or mind control tactics and that he would follow me wherever I go. I saw his dark spirit with me in the room when I was trying to sleep and woke up with bruises. It worked at first to mess me up for a bit I followed most of his commands but I just woke up angry one day and took whatever power he used over me and sent it back harder. He called to apoligize and said how he was angry at me for something but he understands and saw me as his "best friend". Scared him a bit I think, then he stopped really bothering me and I saw him for what he was; a helpless scared child. I am naturally a pretty passive person towards people I just meet, but I really had to invoke alot of strength to take back control. I envisioned myself as a strong being of light; like powerful wild animal and that gave me a sense of power enough to overcome whatever he was doing to me. Opening portals such as a ouija board or possibly breaking through gates of the spirit realm before you're fully ready (such as teleportation/time travel) I believe can turn on you.

How to see good spirits rather than bad is pretty simple. Call in the power of the divine light and benevolent angels of light and ask all being not of the light to leave you. Visualize a grounding cord into the earth and you move your consciousness upwards to the stars and carry down that light back with you. Surround yourself in light and outwards and ask the benevolent spirits for assistance. Call upon the angels whenever you can. I don't see angels in the christian view but moreso beings of the light who serve us in this life. Another thing is weakness; vulnerability. A heart full of fear rather than the strength of love of all will draw dark entities to you. A vunerable heart that can't or won't fight back will draw in dark beings looking to control. If you think about it demons are weaker than beings of the light or even yourself as you harbor both dark and light energy. They feed off the weak and vulnerable; the novices of the world, nothing strong needs to take power from the "weaker". A being who is strong shines it's light to all others and carries with it overflowing abundance. Once you realize dark entities are harmless, desperate, (though great illusionists) and maybe start feeling a little sorry for them so theyll leave you alone. XD You are an energy match to the entities you encounter so if they are aggressive you are vulnerable if they are good and peaceful then you have peace in your heart. Surrender your power to the infinite divine strength of the light and it will work through you when you need it. Start looking for the good in everyone and everything and you will find it. That's what I use for myself when things start getting a little rocky, hope it helps.

Sorry for the lonngg post i feel strongly about this topic as I suffered way too much before realizing we draw in our opposite if we are out of balance or our likeness if our hearts are full and strong.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:59 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperw1ngs
breaking through gates of the spirit realm before you're fully ready (such as teleportation/time travel)

Hi paperw1ngs, is it possible to do that without initially knowing you were doing it and if so is there a way to stop yourself doing it?