Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 25-02-2018, 10:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
One thing about this that I don't get:

Sariputra then related to the Buddha what happened, "We have a lot of bhiksus and there are not enough beds to go around. Some of the new bhiksus wanted to find a bed to retire for the night, so I let them rest first." When the Buddha heard this, he was very angry. He immediately called everyone to a meeting in which the Buddha preached about what respect one should have for one's seniors and elders.

If Sariputra let the new bhiksus rest first and was happy doing so and this was agreed upon...I mean, the bhiksus may have said "no my elder one it is you who should be resting" and Sariputra may have said "it's okay, I don't mind at all" and the bhiksus may have said "are you sure? don't wanna put you out or anything" and Sariputra would have said "nah, go on, it's fine...we gonna stand here all night debating this when the beds go empty with nobody sleeping there?...go on, with my blessing"...how is Sariputra being disrespected and why should Buddha thus get angry?

You seriously crack me up SD
Old 25-02-2018, 10:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I believe we are all enlightened, we are born enlightened but life creates delusions and ignorance and covers up our natural state.

I strenuously disagree with this, bud, remember, not flower
Old 25-02-2018, 11:55 AM
Master
[quote=django]I strenuously disagree with this, bud, remember, not flower [/QUOTE

Yes most people do, no problem, I'll just keep watering my flowers hoping they'll produce buds which will produce more flowers and the cycle goes on
Old 25-02-2018, 02:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Okay, you want related context?

A certain member on here (who shall remain nameless) has been following me around on this forum, replying to basically all my posts with harsh criticism and condemnation of my spiritual practices...sending me countless PMs telling me basically how to live my life according to what he believes I should be doing and thinks he is the wellspring of all Tantric knowledge.

For a while, I tried the 'nice and polite' response and listened openly, but of course, I follow the Left-Hand Path of Tantra which he then went on to say "Is not 'real Tantra" and that I know nothing about it because he knows everything about it...and then started accusing me of being 'proud' and having an 'ego' if I merely disagreed with anything he said...and of course, I felt very uncomfortable and told him to go away.

Would an 'enlightened person' do something like that?

Nope not at all.
Old 25-02-2018, 02:05 PM
Master
Quote:

That really doesn’t answer my question does it. More like you ignored it and just reposted your original post.
Old 25-02-2018, 02:08 PM
Master
Quote:
There are pleny of Suttas and Sutras which shows hissy fits just google...
Buddha was after all was a Human , not a robot....

It’s basic courtesy to post a link if you are saying the Buddha is throwing fits.

Not to say, hey I am saying he got caught up in emotions and it’s your job to provide the proof.

Just poor form to be honest.
Old 25-02-2018, 02:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
It’s basic courtesy to post a link if you are saying the Buddha is throwing fits.

Not to say, hey I am saying he got caught up in emotions and it’s your job to provide the proof.

Just poor form to be honest.

Another who has ' Hissy Fits '
Old 25-02-2018, 02:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
That really doesn’t answer my question does it. More like you ignored it and just reposted your original post.

It answers your question with a link to the Sutta, what more doeth thou need
Old 25-02-2018, 03:31 PM
Master
Quote:
It answers your question with a link to the Sutta, what more doeth thou need
That should actually read "what more doest thou needeth?"

*runs away*
Old 25-02-2018, 03:47 PM
Master
Quote: