Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-12-2017, 02:20 PM
Pathfinder

The 20th century was a dark age for spirituality

I am not talking only about the rise of atheistic regimes such as communism. I am talking especially about a lack of miracles as they were done in previous ages. For example, in Jesus' time there were plenty of people who could perform miracles and spiritually heal.

The 20th century saw a gradual loss of faith. There were fewer people who could perform miracles.

What is interesting: Even Jesus could not perform a miracle when he faced lack of faith as it's written in the Bible.

Perhaps, in a sense, in the far past of this planet, people were far more evolved, at least spiritually.

Now, the 21 first century has promises of a golden age where spirituality will be again the most important aspect of life.

What do you think?
Old 02-12-2017, 04:13 PM
Master
yep thgn so 2

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 02-12-2017, 04:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualll
I am not talking only about the rise of atheistic regimes such as communism. I am talking especially about a lack of miracles as they were done in previous ages. For example, in Jesus' time there were plenty of people who could perform miracles and spiritually heal.

The 20th century saw a gradual loss of faith. There were fewer people who could perform miracles.

What is interesting: Even Jesus could not perform a miracle when he faced lack of faith as it's written in the Bible.

Perhaps, in a sense, in the far past of this planet, people were far more evolved, at least spiritually.

Now, the 21 first century has promises of a golden age where spirituality will be again the most important aspect of life.

What do you think?

I myself don't believe anyone can perform miracles, the recipient is the one who performes his/her own miracles, the placebo effect.

Miracles/healings do happen very frequently but we don't always hear about them, a simple smile or a act of kindness given with love/compassion to another can have a miraculous effect on the recipient but we may never know as we don't ask or expect results, we just give.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualll

What do you think?

Hi spiritualll,

IMO, if looking for "spiritual" to fit neatly in a box, then feel never going to have everything "spiritual". For this seems to base "spiritual" on what may be defined as such.

If based on "miracles" then would venture to say to just look at nature.

Will use an analogy I used before to illustrate.
Look at a house made of wood. All of the wood were once trees. All of the trees were once seeds that could fit in your hands.

Look at yourself. How you came to be as you are.

Sure beliefs may change and to some may seem disruptive. These changes have occurred time and time again throughout human development. Some ways hold through the tests of time, while other may fade or transform into something new.

Al in how it is viewed and felt, would say.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:58 PM
Kioma

I feel the 20th century will be looked back on as a time of tremendous spiritual expansion.

Humanity has always been as you see them now, but it is only in the 'information age' that humanity gets to truly meet itself for the first time. IMO this itself is a very powerful enlightenment.

Namaste.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:53 PM
Pathfinder

I can say that spirituality started to develop in the 20th century, but it will seem like nothing compared to what we will witness in the 21st century.

Spirituality means knowledge beyond the physical. I mentioned here the ability to perform miracles and heal as something different than conventional medicine.

This knowledge beyond the physical is extremely important, because the physical body and surroundings are a very small part of the universe. And even if you are not aware of spiritual world, you are still influenced by it.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:01 PM
Master
i still get it its in my hed im imagin thgns if i am few can sea it

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 03-12-2017, 01:04 AM
Oh, I thought it was a time of big leaps in Christian healings and revivals.
But it was the beginning of the New Thought Movement.(I swear those people were taking
hallucinagens)..and the development of Christian Science, tho it began in the late 19th c.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-12-2017, 01:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
i still get it its in my hed im imagin thgns if i am few can sea it
It's the same for me, dream jo, but I'm starting to understand that people see only what they want to and we can't really do anything about it, even though we try. It's nice to talk to you, as always.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
It's the same for me, dream jo, but I'm starting to understand that people see only what they want to and we can't really do anything about it, even though we try. It's nice to talk to you, as always.

Maybe those people think the same about you and can't do anything about it although they try.